This oil spill is enraging. Fucking enraging.

Comments

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I think, instead of a protest, we should all get a bucket and soap and meet up at the gulf to start cleaning and take responsibility for what we have created
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I think, instead of a protest, we should all get a bucket and soap and meet up at the gulf to start cleaning and take responsibility for what we have created

Great idea. I feel pretty terrible about my vacation in August and that I'll be flying on an airplane to get there...if I could take the money back I'd highly consider traveling to the gulf instead and getting involved.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275

Only if the fuckhead CEO of the company was there himself than maybe i would consider your idea ..and how would i get there walking or biking as to not use any oil :oops: :oops: you see there is no way to protest with out using some kind of petro ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

Only if the fuckhead CEO of the company was there himself than maybe i would consider your idea ..and how would i get there walking or biking as to not use any oil :oops: :oops: you see there is no way to protest with out using some kind of petro ...
    Exactly. We've become way too relient on it.

Seriously...

Solar power
    Electricity...

something, but we need it soon.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    Criminal Negligence.

Apparently, they knew A YEAR AGO that this was possible.

New documents released over the weekend to the New York Times show that both BP and federal regulators at the Interior Department's Minerals Management Service had plenty of warning that the drilling operation at the Macondo well site was plauged with problems—dating as far back as June 2009. But despite known issues with the well and the blowout preventers, the operation continued until the April 20 blast.

One document reveals that on June 22, 2009, BP engineers noted concerns that the metal casing the company wanted to use on the well could collapse under high pressure. BP used the casing anyway, after overriding its own design and safety standards. Other documents released this week reveal that the company knew that there was "unlikely to be a successful cement job" on the site and that the casing would be "unable to fulfill M.M.S. regulations."

BP also knew that there were problems with the blowout preventer, or BOP, which was supposed to shut off the well in the event of an emergency. The BOP clearly failed to function following the explosion of the well, which has now spewed oil into the Gulf for 43 days. As the documents note, the BOP was found to be leaking fluids on at least three occasions prior to the blast, which would impair its ability to function. But because of the other known problems with the well casing—drilling mud falling into the well, sudden gas releases, and loss of "well control"—the company asked federal regulators at the Minerals Management Service to delay a
    mandatory test of the BOP.

Continued in the link - Emphasis mine.

http://motherjones.com/blue-marble/2010/06/bp-mms-ignored-warning-signs
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I would love to help the birds, I feel a kinship. On the news today I saw there is training going on here in Atlanta for clean up crews. It seemed not for the wild life but land clean up crews.Hazmat type training. It sounded like there is some big money available now. I hope those going are motivated by more than money.
    I hope people won't just jump on the billion dollar money train and take advantage of another situation.
    I'm worried that the destruction may be too much.

If you want to stop oil spills, don't use oil.. Kind of absurd, but it is the truth.. We all got us into this mess.. and if we all had to walk or bike to the gulf to spend a week cleaning the nature there, we might all say " damn, that really sucked. I am going to heavily cut back on my personal oil consumption so that maybe I will never have to do that again""
    Think of it as punishment for all the years of pollution we are all responsible for..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Something I have not heard anyone on tv say is how many more reasons do we need to get with alternative energy before we actually do it? People kill for it. People start wars over it. It polluts the air. And now this. Alt. Energy will never happen because there is so much $$ in oil. Leave the fucking oil in the ground!
    I'll be back
    Something I have not heard anyone on tv say is how many more reasons do we need to get with alternative energy before we actually do it? People kill for it. People start wars over it. It polluts the air. And now this. Alt. Energy will never happen because there is so much $$ in oil. Leave the fucking oil in the ground!
    :thumbup:
  • oona leftoona left Posts: 1,677
    "Who Killed The Electric Car?"
  • gundagunda Posts: 97
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akIFvHou_1o heres the fix thank you billy mays
    8-23-00 jones beach 10-21-01 cal 7-14_03 pnc 5-18_10 nj msg1 5-20-10
    gunda wrote:
    Even better yet...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_4a4O7kXQo
  • gunda wrote:
    Even better yet...

:lol:
  • gundagunda Posts: 97
    gunda wrote:
    Even better yet...
    this guy can fix anything lets dig him up clone him and stop this fucking thing
    8-23-00 jones beach 10-21-01 cal 7-14_03 pnc 5-18_10 nj msg1 5-20-10
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Very sad, saw on the news this morning, those poor birds.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    One the really sicking things is, only a oil company could do THIS much damage to our planet and actually AFFORD to clean it up.
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    KO282453 wrote:
    One the really sicking things is, only a oil company could do THIS much damage to our planet and actually AFFORD to clean it up.

yeah, what did I hear, they make 67 million a DAY
    I work in this industry, trust me they make a lot of $$$$ a day.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    been watching the BP stations as I pass them during the course of my work. Looking fairly empty these days!!!

I think The Gov't needs to put their foot on those fuckers necks , like that Exec who said he wanted "his life back". UUUmmmm NO. Clean up YOUR shit and then and ONLY then will you BEGIN to get your life back. BUT not as you once knew it.Move the fam into a quaint little oil soaked fishing shack and get to scrubbing fuckers!!! All of our elected officials better be returning those campaign contributions and putting their little heads together to force them(BP) to act with a little more urgency or sorry your business is closed here in this country.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    mickeyrat wrote:
    been watching the BP stations as I pass them during the course of my work. Looking fairly empty these days!!!

I think The Gov't needs to put their foot on those fuckers necks , like that Exec who said he wanted "his life back". UUUmmmm NO. Clean up YOUR shit and then and ONLY then will you BEGIN to get your life back. BUT not as you once knew it.Move the fam into a quaint little oil soaked fishing shack and get to scrubbing fuckers!!! All of our elected officials better be returning those campaign contributions and putting their little heads together to force them(BP) to act with a little more urgency or sorry your business is closed here in this country.
    i agree.
    get the Execs out there with clean up tools.
    i wanna see them fuckers workin.
    wish i could help out down there.
    i'm lucky i can barely walk as it is. (stupid knee)
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    i am very proud of you people.
    the more the merrier.
    i am pleased so many of you are pissed.
    together we can revolt these pricks.
    outlaw drilling in water.
    we need major changes... globally.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • All petro products need to come with these photos as reminders of what we're buying into. :evil:
    CJMST3K wrote:

Bird%20in%20Oil.jpg

baby%20heron.jpg

050310_Animals7.jpg

Bird%20Covered%20in%20Oil.jpg

Bird%20Covered%20in%20Oil%202.jpg

Humans suck.
    I carried a watermelon
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,741
    This shit is absolutely fucking horrible. The hammer needs to come down on bp and I like that holder said they are going to look into criminial charges but for the te being, Lets get this fucking thing shut off.

Interesting article on NPR today about rare oil problems and how they were dealt with. Russian scientists are suggesting we use a nuke
    I fill up my car at BP.
    Might boycott and go elsewhere.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Yes, and I don't understand why Obama can't just be a more aggressive leader in this case and kick them out!! Force them to close this well!

I feel like a kid looking at my dad, expecting him to do something, and he's being wimpy. :| :roll:
    It's horribly frustrating. :x

I feel incredibly upset that more oil continues to pour out and there's just a lot of delaying, hemming, hawing, buck-passing, sighing...
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,959
    This whole thing just makes me sick to my stomach. I've actually had to stop watching the news whenever this stuff comes on. It's putting me into such a depressed state.

What I don't understand is why aren't other oil companies assisting in cleaning up this ecological disaster? I mean, I understand that the government just doesn't have the resources or the knowledge to jump in and assist with the capping and ocean clean-up, but other companies do. I don't know, maybe there have been offers of assistance, as I mentioned I've had to stop watching.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    This whole thing just makes me sick to my stomach. I've actually had to stop watching the news whenever this stuff comes on. It's putting me into such a depressed state.

What I don't understand is why aren't other oil companies assisting in cleaning up this ecological disaster? I mean, I understand that the government just doesn't have the resources or the knowledge to jump in and assist with the capping and ocean clean-up, but other companies do. I don't know, maybe there have been offers of assistance, as I mentioned I've had to stop watching.
    i've been wondering this same thing for a long time now.
    where is NASA? (im sure others' are giving opinions but not at the volumes that we are in dire need of.)
    some fucker somewhere knows something. we all the minds we can gather.
    like i said before "only a dumb asshole would put an oil well somewhere where a human can't go."
    think about how intelligent that is.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I'd post this in AMT, but I would have to believe we are all together in seeing how fucked up this is. Watching these animals suffocate to death, slowly, is beyond words.

Bird%20in%20Oil.jpg

baby%20heron.jpg

050310_Animals7.jpg

Bird%20Covered%20in%20Oil.jpg

Bird%20Covered%20in%20Oil%202.jpg
    This gets me so f****ing mad!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • This whole thing just makes me sick to my stomach. I've actually had to stop watching the news whenever this stuff comes on. It's putting me into such a depressed state.

Because the other companies are just as bad. What Shell is doing / has been doing to The Niger Delta is a lot worse then the spill by BP, not that i want to play down THAT disaster.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ma ... elta-shell