This oil spill is enraging. Fucking enraging.

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    we need neil young and his badass 1959 lincoln.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_vzNH0nkX4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od3TBnG4YZg

i suggest following along with some of his other inspiring video clips on his car work.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    From what I've read, the Niger River delta has for many years been as polluted with oil as the Gulf Coast is becoming. http://www.sweetcrudemovie.com/nigerDelta.php
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,319
    We have to stop drilling for oil and stop producing shit that is out of sync with nature, or we're fucked.

So basically, we're fucked.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    Just wondering if Mexico has escaped this damage? Think I recall seeing how the currents flow in the gulf. Kinda in a clockwise fashion? Main focus has been on our shores , but we do share a common shoreline with that country.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    kenny olav wrote:
    From what I've read, the Niger River delta has for many years been as polluted with oil as the Gulf Coast is becoming. http://www.sweetcrudemovie.com/nigerDelta.php
    those pictures are out of control.
    i have to much to say.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    kenny olav wrote:
    We have to stop drilling for oil and stop producing shit that is out of sync with nature, or we're fucked.

So basically, we're fucked.
    True.. But hopefully we are working to be less fucked slowly, then one day, start the unfucking process
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Just wondering if Mexico has escaped this damage? Think I recall seeing how the currents flow in the gulf. Kinda in a clockwise fashion? Main focus has been on our shores , but we do share a common shoreline with that country.
    exactly.
    i have been thinking this too. it is indeed, the Gulf of Mexico.
    i have mentioned the Mexican fisherman needing paid.
    i'm sure Cuba and all those other countries deserve money today.
    pay up oil executives.
    we want the Mexican, Cuban, Jamaican, Bahamas', fishermen compensated.
    you know what?

the people in Niger need help, like now.
    maybe some oil executive will buy a yacht instead

ocean currents will drag this Gulf Death clear across the world.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    8450.jpg
    Tears are falling from so many eyes, everywhere I look.
    Our hearts are bleeding as one.
    It's a bond we'd rather not know but one that will bring some healing.
    http://www.lanewsmonitor.com/news/Gulf- ... 275748214/
    when someone has a certain skill or knowledge why not let them help out?
    BP is insane.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    chadwick wrote:
    http://www.lanewsmonitor.com/news/Gulf-OIl-Spill-Update---BP-Turns-Down-Camerons-Offer-To-Plug-The-Oil-leak-1275748214/
    BP is insane.
    WTF?

"Over the last few weeks I've watched, as we all have, with growing horror and heartache, watching what's happening in the Gulf and thinking those morons don't know what they're doing," Cameron said, reported New York Post
    chadwick wrote:
    http://www.lanewsmonitor.com/news/Gulf-OIl-Spill-Update---BP-Turns-Down-Camerons-Offer-To-Plug-The-Oil-leak-1275748214/
    BP is insane.
    WTF?

"Over the last few weeks I've watched, as we all have, with growing horror and heartache, watching what's happening in the Gulf and thinking those morons don't know what they're doing," Cameron said, reported New York Post
    and he has friends who take subs down even deeper than 5,000 feet.
    it's unreal that BP turns away good help.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    chadwick wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    BP is insane.
    WTF?

and he has friends who take subs down even deeper than 5,000 feet.
    it's unreal that BP turns away good help.
    agreed, cameron is spot on with this quote.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    On the radio I heard that the reason that they don't want to just close the hole is that if they do that, they lose the right to drill there.

I don't know enough about this to know if that's true but that's what I heard some commentator say. :|
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
    you know what?
    fuck BP.
    fuck 'em all.
    "take charge" is the name of the game.
    someone with a brain and a set of balls should slap BP stupid while fixing the hole.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    chadwick wrote:
    you know what?
    fuck BP.
    fuck 'em all.
    someone with a brain and a set of balls should slap BP stupid while fixing the hole.
    why not you?
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    FUCK YOU BP!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ASSHOLES!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    FUCK YOU BP!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: ASSHOLES!!!
    And fuck everyone that drives a huge petrol guzzling wagon. The day we stop being so dependent on oil will be the day the oil companies stop drilling in such inaccessible places.
    chadwick wrote:
    you know what?
    fuck BP.
    fuck 'em all.
    why not you?
    last i checked i wasn't an underwater expert.
    i don't have a line of submersibles, ships, boats, robots, cameras, and computerized underwater gadgets.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    DriftEd wrote:
    I posted about being outraged last week or so. Someone made the point that rhetoric on this board or anywhere else means nothing. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? !?!?!?!

I WANT REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!

that was me on the MT

the reality is that most of you will do nothing about this ... i'll include myself in the lot just to avoid the normal defensive replies ...

but the truth is - big corporations like this have been raping the environment for decades ... but, it's much easier to make fun of hippie treehuggers than to heed their warnings ... the suffering of not only animals and people due to environmental disasters has been rampant for years now and only now, with a few pictures of dead birds are we outraged!?? ...

the blame is squarely on us ... we allowed corporations to take over gov'ts ... they run gov'ts to the point that they can do whatever they want ... oil companies manufacture wars ... they alter legislation so they can pollute ... they create a situation where they make you think you need that oil ... but we haven't needed that oil for a long time ...

yes ... i drive a car ... i fly ... so, please take this post for what it's really about ... it's not about blaming everyone here - it's about a reality check of what this is all about ...
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    Please tell me some of you understand this:
    The damage is a mile deep in the ocean.
    We are drilling that far out in the ocean because of the regulations put in place by environmentalists.
    This would be easier to fix if it were, say, 1000 feet deep.
    Maybe this wouldn't have happened if we weren't drilling in the ocean at all, but drilling in ANWR.
    This oil spill pisses me off, too! Especially knowing that we're drilling so far out in the middle of the ocean, making it harder to repair BECAUSE of environmentalist wackos. Who knows, maybe those same wackos blew up the pump!!!!

You listen to Rush, huh? That was his idiotic rant a few weeks ago...

don't blame the wife beater, blame the wife for making him do it...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    We are drilling that far out in the ocean because of the regulations put in place by environmentalists.
    Maybe this wouldn't have happened if we weren't drilling in the ocean at all, but drilling in ANWR.
    This oil spill pisses me off, too! Especially knowing that we're drilling so far out in the middle of the ocean, making it harder to repair BECAUSE of environmentalist wackos. Who knows, maybe those same wackos blew up the pump!!!!

Totally! Those damn evironmental wackos always out there wreckin' the planet. As usual, we need some corporate oil experts to go clean up those hippies' big mess.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    While I won't be stopping at any BP stations, besides hurting some stop prices and people's jobs, boycotting them really doesn't do much. Instead, it will give Exxon, Shell, Texaco or any other oil company more money and they will drill more, and put more areas at risk, etc...

Like said a bunch of times in this thread, WE are the problem... we drive everywhere, own tons of plastic things, have our food, clothes, toys and everything shipped thousands of miles to us...

It's like getting mad at fast food companies for us getting fat and heart disease as we eat a value meal...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    edited June 2010
    environmentalist wackos had zero to do with this oil rig explosion.
    a rubber seal broke apart and remains of it were coming up on the drilling platform.
    one more thing... your comment sucks.
    Post edited by chadwick on

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    a rubber seal broke apart and remains of it were coming up on the drill platform.

I don't know if it sucks so much as it just reeks of ignorance. I mean, she's quoting Sarah Palin for fuck's sake.

eyedclaar wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    a rubber seal broke apart and remains of it were coming up on the drill platform.

I don't know if it sucks so much as it just reeks of ignorance. I mean, she's quoting Sarah Palin for fuck's sake.
    sarah palin should be kicked with barbwire boots.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    While I won't be stopping at any BP stations, besides hurting some stop prices and people's jobs, boycotting them really doesn't do much. Instead, it will give Exxon, Shell, Texaco or any other oil company more money and they will drill more, and put more areas at risk, etc...

Like said a bunch of times in this thread, WE are the problem... we drive everywhere, own tons of plastic things, have our food, clothes, toys and everything shipped thousands of miles to us...

It's like getting mad at fast food companies for us getting fat and heart disease as we eat a value meal...

At the same time though, we elect people to drive change, people who make promises, people with some corporate influence, but still, nothing happens. Evironmental causes have been on the lips of politicians, and part of campaigns for years now, but sadly, that's all it is, lip service.

Yes, we as consumers need to make better decisions. Absolutely. However, our leaders need to actually lead us somewhere and stop worrying about their fucking bank accounts.

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    BP isn't just always called BP... If you are boycotting, include these too:

BP
    AM/PM
    Aral
    Arco
    Amoco
    Castrol

But again, we need to decrease our dependence on fossil fuels!
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993

BP
    AM/PM
    Aral
    Arco
    Amoco
    Castrol

This is true! MAD!!! :x

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad

BP
    AM/PM
    Aral
    Arco
    Amoco
    Castrol

the other day i was at an AM/PM station. i looked around to see if i could see a BP sign. no signs. i told myself "i bet BP owns AM/PM." the reason i was looking for a BP sign/sticker was, i was going to not fuel there. however, no such signs or stickers are visible.

oddly enough BP needs money to clean up the mess & to pay fisherman or other people impacted by the oil.
    this will go on for at least 20-50 years easy, the dead zones.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Pepe SilviaPepe Silvia Posts: 3,758
    isn't it funny the amount of oil that containment thing is collecting is like 3X the amount BP swore was leaking?

BP says it's not true there are oil plumes but according to divers and this there are and i saw something on tv earlier of the commander of the coast guard saying there are "masses of oil" below but they "haven't been categorized" in other words BP's PR people haven't decided on a different name to call them yet
    don't compete; coexist

what are you but my reflection? who am i to judge or strike you down?

"I will promise you this, that if we have not gotten our troops out by the time I am president, it is the first thing I will do. I will get our troops home. We will bring an end to this war. You can take that to the bank." - Barack Obama

when you told me 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em'
    i was thinkin 'death before dishonor'