This oil spill is enraging. Fucking enraging.

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    the hammer is down.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    deleted
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

where is the military?
    anyone
    someone
    fuck

military has subs, boats and ships.
    watercraft... get busy helping and stop bombing.
    killing is fantastic.
    saving the earth and living creatures (including (arrogant) humans that cause problems) is dumb.
    we are bullshit.
    we are fucking up so much my head spins on a daily basis.

coast gaurd can't did it all.
    m-16's, gernade launchers, and navy seals can hunt down wealthy oil cock smokers for entertainment purposes

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Can't they just keep dumping crap on this thing until it stops? like boulders? Or is it not that simple?
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    chadwick wrote:
    where is the military?
    anyone
    someone
    fuck

killing is fantastic.
    saving the earth and living creatures (including (arrogant) humans that cause problems) is dumb.
    we are bullshit.

m-16's, gernade launchers, and navy seals can hunt down wealthy oil cock smokers for entertainment purposes

i thought i typed something really dumb.
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    chadwick wrote:
    where is the military?
    anyone
    someone
    fuck

killing is fantastic.
    we are bullshit.

Funny that the military accounts for a ton of the country's oil usage and they don't feel responsible
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Can't they just keep dumping crap on this thing until it stops? like boulders? Or is it not that simple?
    im afraid it's not that simple, friend.
    the part that makes it difficult is the 5,000 feet of living flowing sea water on top of it.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    where is the military?
    anyone
    someone
    fuck

killing is fantastic.
    we are bullshit.

you typed nothing dumb.
    speak your mind.

shine on.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    chadwick wrote:
    where is the military?
    anyone
    someone
    fuck

killing is fantastic.
    we are bullshit.

in

On the other side of the world, "Protecting" our oil intrest over there :cry:
    Funny that the military accounts for a ton of the country's oil usage and they don't feel responsible

it's beyond accetable.
    i want Mr. Obama to start swingin' on fuckers.
    he needs a golf club to smash people in the throats.
    this is approaching extreme violence from within many of us.
    feel the boil?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3hLlvvLw
    in times like this we need john lennon. (calm)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    This whole thing just makes me sick to my stomach. I've actually had to stop watching the news whenever this stuff comes on. It's putting me into such a depressed state.

What I don't understand is why aren't other oil companies assisting in cleaning up this ecological disaster? I mean, I understand that the government just doesn't have the resources or the knowledge to jump in and assist with the capping and ocean clean-up, but other companies do. I don't know, maybe there have been offers of assistance, as I mentioned I've had to stop watching.

Because the other companies are just as bad. What Shell is doing / has been doing to The Niger Delta is a lot worse then the spill by BP, not that i want to play down THAT disaster.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/ma ... elta-shell
    my brain just melted.
    people are the most insane creatures ever to exist.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    i've been following this guy for awhile.
    he is brilliant, i love him.
    physics professor Michio Kaku.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l_IsFH_imk

"down a mile, pressures are 2,000 pounds per square inch." - Michio Kaku.

(we might as well keep these gulf oil threads going.)

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    beyond belief.
    www.myspace.com
    beyond belief.
    watch this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GKuCPRNUi4

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Its sad.. and just a shame.. I feel it could have been any oil company though. In a round about way, this is most of our faults too.. That is, if you own a car, use plastic products, etc. supply and demand.. I think I will ride my bike to the bar tonight, and I still feel responsible..

i had nothing to do with this oil spill..
    www.myspace.com
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    BP headquarters are in London. On the the 25th before the PJ show I will piss through their letterbox.
    nuffingman wrote:
    BP headquarters are in London. On the the 25th before the PJ show I will piss through their letterbox.
    you are fantastic.
    stick man t-shirts pissing on BP?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    chadwick wrote:
    It could be a new movement.

Seriously though I feel for all the people living in that area about to watch this wash up on their shores. The wildlife loss is going to be devastating and it will take years for nature to get itself back on track again.

It's time for the whole world to change it's habits. I've said it on this board a few times but it's time to ban the manufacture of all cars over a specific engine size and those that have poor fuel consumption.

I feel ashamed that BP has the word British in it.
    nuffingman wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    It could be a new movement.

Seriously though I feel for all the people living in that area about to watch this wash up on their shores. The wildlife loss is going to be devastating and it will take years for nature to get itself back on track again.

It's time for the whole world to change it's habits. I've said it on this board a few times but it's time to ban the manufacture of all cars over a specific engine size and those that have poor fuel consumption.

I feel ashamed that BP has the word British in it.
    don't be ashamed.
    you folks are good people.
    any oil company can fuck up and they do all the time.
    there is only one earth, man.
    we all have to live here.
    we need major adjustments.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Its sad.. and just a shame.. I feel it could have been any oil company though. In a round about way, this is most of our faults too.. That is, if you own a car, use plastic products, etc. supply and demand.. I think I will ride my bike to the bar tonight, and I still feel responsible..

I am not trying to start a fight. But I would assume you use plastic products and probubly own a car. Our need for oil causes oil companies to drill. When drilling for or transporting the oil that we need, there is a chance for failure.. If we weren't such an oil hungry society , maybe they wouldn't be drilling for the shit.. so, it is my belief that we are all responsible for this.
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038

I am not trying to start a fight. But I would assume you use plastic products and probubly own a car. Our need for oil causes oil companies to drill. When drilling for or transporting the oil that we need, there is a chance for failure.. If we weren't such an oil hungry society , maybe they wouldn't be drilling for the shit.. so, it is my belief that we are all responsible for this.
    the goverment bears its responsibility here to. First with the leases which enables the drilling process to start , and also in this case , granting numerous waivers (unsure what for exactly) for this well.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Yep, this whole oil spill/leak thing has really, really pissed me off!

It's sickening!!
  • _Crazy_Mary__Crazy_Mary_ Posts: 1,299
    Please tell me some of you understand this:
    The damage is a mile deep in the ocean.
    We are drilling that far out in the ocean because of the regulations put in place by environmentalists.
    This would be easier to fix if it were, say, 1000 feet deep.
    Maybe this wouldn't have happened if we weren't drilling in the ocean at all, but drilling in ANWR.
    This oil spill pisses me off, too! Especially knowing that we're drilling so far out in the middle of the ocean, making it harder to repair BECAUSE of environmentalist wackos. Who knows, maybe those same wackos blew up the pump!!!!
    I really screwed that up. I really Schruted it.
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    We are drilling that far out in the ocean because of the regulations put in place by environmentalists.
    Maybe this wouldn't have happened if we weren't drilling in the ocean at all, but drilling in ANWR.
    This oil spill pisses me off, too! Especially knowing that we're drilling so far out in the middle of the ocean, making it harder to repair BECAUSE of environmentalist wackos. Who knows, maybe those same wackos blew up the pump!!!!
    Okay... You are scaring me. Your comment makes me believe that your moniker is more descriptive of your mental state and not a Pearl Jam cover song. You are blaming ENVIRONMENTALISTS for this catasthrophe??? REALLY??? You REALLY believe that environmental groups have more power than oil companies??? Think about it... you really believe that the Surfriders Foundation is more powerful and influential than BP??? Seriously? How do you develop thesee opinions? Seriously... I am genuinely curious on how you come up with them.
    Just to add some facts to this discussion, you can download BP's Financial and Operating Information from their website:
    http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle ... Id=7050105
    Reference page 5 of the FOI and look at the profits... year 2009 was 16 Billion (16,759 Million).
    Nothing to do with environmentalists and everything to do with GREED. The reason WHY they are out there is not because environmentalist made them drill further off-shore... it is because that is where the oil is.
    And the ANWR is easy for you because it is far away from you. How about they drill in your backyard and expose the drilling risks to your children... you'd be okay with that, right?
    I don't know where you get your information from... or whether you just make it up on the fly, but you seriously need to rethink your sources and form opinions based in the world of reality.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    Cosmo wrote:
    Okay... You are scaring me. Your comment makes me believe that your moniker is more descriptive of your mental state and not a Pearl Jam cover song. You are blaming ENVIRONMENTALISTS for this catasthrophe??? REALLY??? You REALLY believe that environmental groups have more power than oil companies??? Think about it... you really believe that the Surfriders Foundation is more powerful and influential than BP??? Seriously? How do you develop thesee opinions? Seriously... I am genuinely curious on how you come up with them.
    Just to add some facts to this discussion, you can download BP's Financial and Operating Information from their website:
    http://www.bp.com/sectiongenericarticle ... Id=7050105
    Reference page 5 of the FOI and look at the profits... year 2009 was 16 Billion (16,759 Million).
    Nothing to do with environmentalists and everything to do with GREED. The reason WHY they are out there is not because environmentalist made them drill further off-shore... it is because that is where the oil is.
    And the ANWR is easy for you because it is far away from you. How about they drill in your backyard and expose the drilling risks to your children... you'd be okay with that, right?
    I don't know where you get your information from... or whether you just make it up on the fly, but you seriously need to rethink your sources and form opinions based in the world of reality.
    My opinion remains.. you two, and I, are all reasons for oil spills into our gulf.. spend less time pointing fingers at groups or digging up page 5's and grab a bucket full of soapy water and a scrub brush.. clean the mess our thirst for oil has created!! Focus on the big problem and maybe one day, we will be free of these types of things...
    My opinion remains.. you two, and I, are all reasons for oil spills into our gulf.. spend less time pointing fingers at groups or digging up page 5's and grab a bucket full of soapy water and a scrub brush.. clean the mess our thirst for oil has created!! Focus on the big problem and maybe one day, we will be free of these types of things...
    I am not saying that our consumption of oil isn't partly our responsibility. But, I don't think that people who drive to work each weekday should hold the sole responsibility for this disaster.
    I understand the we need oil products to get through our everyday lives. Our cars depend on it and we depend on our cars. And it's not just our cars. Our electric power plants depend on it... plastics used for packaging our goods to depend on it... the companies we work at... the schools we send our kids to... the hospitals we go to when we need to... everything depends on the technologies that are available to us depend on it. The only way to break free is to not drive our cars, not use any electricity, not use anything related to petro-chemicals and go back to the Stone Age.
    I am of the mindset that we.... all of us... should conserve and cut back on our consumption.
    As for the clean up, I believe the responsibility lies completely on the shoulders of BP (who was in charge of the drilling operation), TransOcean (the owner of the rig) and Halliburton (who built the pipes and valves). Our responsibility lies in our government and the representatives we send to represent our best interests who granted the leasing of the operation and its failure to regulate the operations they undertook. We are also responsibile for the consumption of the products BP and the other oil companies provide to us. Like it or not, the world today depends on fossil fuels... and I understand that.
    I agree with you. We can choose to ride our bicycles the 30 mile round trip to work each day... to make our kids walk to school... to not use any electricity... to avoid buying anything made of or packaged in paper or plastics. We can choose to live like cavemen. Then, we can feel assured that we have no responsibility in this mess.
    And I'll help clean up this mess... but, how do I do so without using any petro-dependent transportation like my car or an airliner? Tell you what, swing by my place in Orange County, California on your bicycle and pick me up. My bum knee makes it impossible for me to make the walk to Louisiana.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
    mikalina wrote:
    I just feels hopeless.......... :cry:
    So do i. But, you know what I did? I sent a golf ball to their Corporate Headquarters in Houston, TX.
    I heard about that lame attempt to shoot golf balls and old tires at the gusher and thought, "That's it? That's the plan? That's one of the the BEST idea they could come up with?" They claim to have the best technologies to combat this under water gusher and the best idea they can come up with is to shoot golf balls at it (after than trying to put a giant concrete Top Hat over it and have Curly sit on it, like in a Three Stooges episode)?
    So, i sent a strongly worded letter (without my signature cussing) telling them they can have this golf ball to help with their Wiley Coyote/ACME Gusher Stopper technology idea to stop the gusher. I did mention stuff about how lame it sounded, but they are the 'experts' in the field and i'm sure their highly paid specialists have the brain power to brain storm ideas and this was one of the top plans.
    Yeah... i know it is stupid... and they probably just tossed it out with all of the other hate mail. But, it made me feel better, getting my frustrations out in a letter. I thought, it would be great if they got millions of golf balls from millions of angry people, they'd get the message. At least, it would cause grief to their recieving room.
    If you want the address, it is:
    BP Corporate Headquarters, U.S.
    501 Westlake Park Boulevard
    Houston, TX. 77079
    It may make you feel a little better... it helped me.
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,365
    please write, email or call your representatives and the white house. let them know your thoughts on the oil spill and the need for alternative energy.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

maybe it was a terrorist attack? but from reports it seems there were many concerns by the workers already voiced and ignored.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,038
    It s not wacko's, they may be passionate but the DO have a point.
    for the very same reason are these rules put in place. BP through research found this field that far out and deep.
    The bigger question is how many unused leases do these companies hold without drilling?
    Given what just happened in the gulf , do you really want a company with BP's violations track record drilling in a pristine wilderness area? Potantially causing the same such damage?

Where's the outrage for the government granting waivers that could have prevented such? Where's the outrage against BP for skirting safety rules? Rules that may have prevented this. Focus your attetion there dear friend.

And lastly , lets look at ourselves in this. Move away from petro chemicals and toward sustainable, renewable alternative energy sources. Talking about this for 30 years now?!?!?!?!?!!? WTF!!!!! Get moving~!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14