This oil spill is enraging. Fucking enraging.

CJMST3KCJMST3K Posts: 9,722
edited June 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I'd post this in AMT, but I would have to believe we are all together in seeing how fucked up this is. Watching these animals suffocate to death, slowly, is beyond words.

Bird%20in%20Oil.jpg

baby%20heron.jpg

050310_Animals7.jpg

Bird%20Covered%20in%20Oil.jpg

Bird%20Covered%20in%20Oil%202.jpg
ADD 5,200 to the post count you see, thank you. :)
*NYC 9/28/96 *NYC 9/29/96 *NJ 9/8/98 (front row "may i play drums with you")
*MSG 9/10/98 (backstage) *MSG 9/11/98 (backstage)
*Jones Beach 8/23/00 *Jones Beach 8/24/00 *Jones Beach 8/25/00
*Mansfield 8/29/00 *Mansfield 8/30/00 *Nassau 4/30/03 *Nissan VA 7/1/03
*Borgata 10/1/05 *Camden 5/27/06 *Camden 5/28/06 *DC 5/30/06
*VA Beach 6/17/08 *DC 6/22/08 *MSG 6/24/08 (backstage) *MSG 6/25/08
*EV DC 8/17/08 *EV Baltimore 6/15/09 *Philly 10/31/09
*Bristow VA 5/13/10 *MSG 5/20/10 *MSG 5/21/10
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    When I saw that the oil was washing up on the beaches of Gulf side Florida, my face turned flush with rage.

Unreal.

Where are the solar powered cars Obama???

Alternative energy ... NOW!
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    yeah, its really upsetting
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Enraging is about right.

This shit makes me fucking sick.

BP and all of it's executive cocksuckers who are failing to take effecient action should be punished to the extreme. This is fucking unacceptable, and it aggrivates me even more to know that they could care less that they are murdering thousands of helpless animals and destroying one of the Earth's largest and most important eco systems......... :x :x :x :x :x :x

Alternative energy is easily a possibility, it's a matter of dethroning those evil fucks that run oil companies and who are monopolizing the entire industry. With all our intelligence and technology it's not hard to believe that alternative energy is possible...but their big, immoral, and filthy dollars are what is blocking our route to a cleaner Earth.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    I posted the following on my facebook this morning:

http://blog.sojo.net/2010/06/03/a-time- ... reckoning/

A quote from the article:

“It’s not just that BP has lied, even though they have — over and over — to cover up their behavior and avoid their obligations. It is that BP is a lie; what it stands for is a lie. It is a lie that we can continue to live this way, a lie that our style of life is stable and sustainable, a lie that these huge oil companies are really committed to a safe and renewable energy future. BP should indeed be made to pay for this crime against the creation — likely with its very existence.
    But I am also reminded of what G.K. Chesterton once said when asked what was most wrong with the world. He reportedly replied, “I am.” “

A lot of people have decided to boycott BP in the face of this ecological disaster, which, is certainly justified. However, WE create problems such as this with our demand of fossil fuels. Ultimately, a boycott is NOT going to solve this problem, nor prevent our future from looking like this as well. We ALL need to ask ourselves, how am I living? Am I making choices for a sustainable future? Am I choosing to be a good steward of the Earth? What am I doing to cut down on my fossil fuel consumption?
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    I want Midnight Oil to reform and play infront of BP headquarters like they did to Exxon in the early '90s, stick it to these fucks.
  • DriftEdDriftEd Posts: 74
    I posted about being outraged last week or so. Someone made the point that rhetoric on this board or anywhere else means nothing. WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT IT? !?!?!?!

I WANT REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • Total FUCKING BULLSHIT. Way to go oil company. Fucking fix it already :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    These fuckers should be shut the fuck down like yesterday fuck BP it's by far the worst neglegence of our oceans !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just boycot BP ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    KO282453 wrote:
    I want Midnight Oil to reform and play infront of BP headquarters like they did to Exxon in the early '90s, stick it to these fucks.

Better yet PEARL JAM should do this and we all get to go nuts in protest ....
  • DriftEdDriftEd Posts: 74
    Horrible sight. So sad.

http://i.imgur.com/3JFae.jpg
    I sometimes wonder if they know that I'm gone...
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    KO282453 wrote:
    pete sold out in 04 and went to the aussie labor party. shame people will do anything for money and power.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    animals are always heartbreaking
  • electronblueelectronblue Posts: 3,460
    edited June 2010
    so sad and sickening..
    Post edited by electronblue on
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Its sad.. and just a shame.. I feel it could have been any oil company though. In a round about way, this is most of our faults too.. That is, if you own a car, use plastic products, etc. supply and demand.. I think I will ride my bike to the bar tonight, and I still feel responsible..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    metsfan wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:
    pete sold out in 04 and went to the aussie labor party. shame people will do anything for money and power.

I'm holding out hope it's the system not the individual. i'm mean if you can't believe in Pete, who can you believe in? Whats next Bono kicking puppies, i just don't wana live that world.
    KO282453 wrote:

I'd be SO F"N PROUD of them if they did.
    KO282453 wrote:
    KO282453 wrote:

I'd be SO F"N PROUD of them if they did.

They should. Bring back the Ticketmaster spirit of standing against something that isn't right. Although this is much more disturbing and wrong than Ticketmaster...to a huge degree.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    CJMST3K wrote:
    I'd post this in AMT, but I would have to believe we are all together in seeing how fucked up this is. Watching these animals suffocate to death, slowly, is beyond words.

Bird%20in%20Oil.jpg

baby%20heron.jpg

050310_Animals7.jpg

Bird%20Covered%20in%20Oil.jpg

Bird%20Covered%20in%20Oil%202.jpg
    crying.gif
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I just feels hopeless.......... :cry:
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Fuck BP
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    have no fear obama is here :roll:

such a shame :cry:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    How many of you here would go to a free PJ concert in front of the BP HEADQUARTERS to protest , i would go no matter where it would be held ...that would be cool as hell

For real...I'm sick of hearing "We expect BP to take action."

FUCK BP, they aren't doing shit. Deprive them of their power and solve this ourselves...they obviously aren't going to get off of their greedy, lazy, fat asses and do anything. They're a disgrace to American business and the way we operate. Send them into the ground.
    How many of you here would go to a free PJ concert in front of the BP HEADQUARTERS to protest , i would go no matter where it would be held ...that would be cool as hell

I would go no matter what as well.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • How many of you here would go to a free PJ concert in front of the BP HEADQUARTERS to protest , i would go no matter where it would be held ...that would be cool as hell

Somebody should run this pass Tom Morello
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dcfaithful wrote:

For real...I'm sick of hearing "We expect BP to take action."

FUCK BP, they aren't doing shit. Deprive them of their power and solve this ourselves...they obviously aren't going to get off of their greedy, lazy, fat asses and do anything. They're a disgrace to American business and the way we operate. Send them into the ground.

I would go no matter what as well.

i know heads would be fuckin rolling if i was president
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    i know heads would be fuckin rolling if i was president

You and me both pal... :(
    mikalina wrote:
    I just feels hopeless.......... :cry:

In a nutshell, I feel the exact same way. :cry:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    It would be great except for the fact that many would use oil products to get there and I believe that is the reason why oil is spilling into the gulf in the first place.. Man's need for oil.. BP should do something, I totally agree. but I am just as responsible for it as BP is.. And so are the bulk of us..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    It would be great except for the fact that many would use oil products to get there and I believe that is the reason why oil is spilling into the gulf in the first place.. Man's need for oil.. BP should do something, I totally agree. but I am just as responsible for it as BP is.. And so are the bulk of us..

Unfortunately you're right. As it was said earlier, I think we all need to assess our use of fossil fuels and make a drastic change to relieve our pollution impact on our planet.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL