Celtic and Lakers anyone

Comments

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076

>
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dcfaithful wrote:

>

wow thats so ............... not manly :lol:

i can't wait till the lakers smack the irish upside their head
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    dcfaithful wrote:

>

:eh:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

>

:eh:

im just uptight at the moment..forgive me

i can't stand to see the irish win again
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    That new avatar kicks ass!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    dcfaithful wrote:

>

You've got some anger issues.. :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    dcfaithful wrote:

>

You've got some anger issues.. :roll:

just rooting for the lakers
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Go Celtics!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Oh Yeah Baby!!!

celticschamps.jpg

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad

just rooting for the lakers

That's plenty enough to be angry about. ;)8-)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    I love how New Yorkers are pulling for a team 3000 miles away that they have no attachment to. Meanwhile, their own team will be mired in putridity until 2092.

I've always wondered why the acoustics were so good at MSG compared to the garden, but when I saw our boys there last week, it all made sense: There are no banners to block the sound. :lol:
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    I love how New Yorkers are pulling for a team 3000 miles away that they have no attachment to. Meanwhile, their own team will be mired in putridity until 2092.

I've always wondered why the acoustics were so good at MSG compared to the garden, but when I saw our boys there last week, it all made sense: There are no banners to block the sound. :lol:

actually i despise the knicks

been a lakers supporter for 27 years
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,241

so that puts your fandom since 1983? I like the Lakers because they have two NY guys in Odom and Artest. I also like the Celtics because I've always liked Doc Rivers and watching Garnett, Allen and Pierce. This time, I'd lean for the Lakers because I don't want to see that knucklehead Nate Robinson get a ring.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

ouch. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Oh sorry. Damn, these next two weeks are gonna be rough on you buddy. Don't take it too hard when the Lakers put up 71 in Game 1.

I'm actually pissed that I won't even be able to watch the game tomorrow. We're going to see The National at the House of Blues, so I gotta set the DVR and tune out peripheral conversation the entire night.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    Well since it isn't possible for both teams to lose, I guess I'll be pulling for the Lakers here.

The NBA is ridiculous with these breaks between series. They claim they do it for ratings, but no one is watching the NBA these days anyways. The way that they stretch out these playoffs is a joke.

so that puts your fandom since 1983? I like the Lakers because they have two NY guys in Odom and Artest. I also like the Celtics because I've always liked Doc Rivers and watching Garnett, Allen and Pierce. This time, I'd lean for the Lakers because I don't want to see that knucklehead Nate Robinson get a ring.

i used to smoke blunts with artest after his games at Lasalle here in NYC . a good friend of mine was on his team .Those were the days
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    Go Celtics!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: Oh Yeah Baby!!!

celticschamps.jpg

See, I can do that too. Except mine is more recent. ;)

3627475373_6cc6ffb260.jpg
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
    The NBA is ridiculous with these breaks between series. They claim they do it for ratings, but no one is watching the NBA these days anyways. The way that they stretch out these playoffs is a joke.

What's so bad about a 5 day break?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

of course... you need your old men to heal up :lol:
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,825
    dcfaithful wrote:

It's not necessarily bad for the players, but it just seems that the NBA stretches out these playoffs so much more than is necessary. The thing that really kills me is when they have two days off between games when they are in the same city.
  • walkunafraidwalkunafraid Posts: 2,569
    dcfaithful wrote:

It's not necessarily bad for the players, but it just seems that the NBA stretches out these playoffs so much more than is necessary. The thing that really kills me is when they have two days off between games when they are in the same city.

...and then one day off when traveling between cities. If they're going to force themselves to a Thursday/Sunday/Tuesday-only schedule, why not start at least start on a Tuesday so that the three-day layoffs will at least be between travel days?
    Everything has chains...Absolutely nothing's changed. - PJ

“The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” - Albert Camus
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,241

i used to smoke blunts with artest after his games at Lasalle here in NYC . a good friend of mine was on his team .Those were the days

I was in a class with him at St. John's and knew him fairly well then. He's a little nutty but a helluva nice guy.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
    dcfaithful wrote:

The thing that really kills me is when they have two days off between games when they are in the same city.

I agree with that...kind of bogus.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

...and Kobe needs time to committ another rape? :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

...and Kobe needs time to committ another rape? :lol:

cmon you're better than that :roll:

I was in a class with him at St. John's and knew him fairly well then. He's a little nutty but a helluva nice guy.

yea no doubt he was chill

I am, but I can't help it, I just like making fun of Kobe's misfortune.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

yea those 4 rings really suck :lol:
    dcfaithful wrote:

yea those 4 rings really suck :lol:

I'm talking about his accusations of being a rapist... :roll:

No number of rings can rid you of that stamp. Ask Ben Ruthlessraper, excuse me Roethlisberger.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    Can we get the OP to change the thread title to "Celtics and Lakers anyone", with an S? Please?