Options

Bonnaroo Schedule Released

124»

Comments

• Options
    McJuicyMcJuicy Posts: 747
    velogator wrote:
    I saw this over on the Roo board:

"according to Jack Johnsons web page he will be playing a few songs with pearl jam b4 their regular set, to fill in for the allman brothers slot. "

I'm thinking maybe something like the Gorge 05, a nice 10 song set to kick things off (at the end of JJ's set) then 2 hours of mayhem during their slot, that's my theory and I'm sticking to it ;-) Anyway, just looking forward to the whole weekend, should be awesome.

i think that was "exaggerated"
    from jack johnson's website...
    "Jack Johnson has chosen to join his friends Pearl Jam on the main stage Saturday night stepping into the slot vacated by the Allmans. Jack will perform beginning at sunset, to be followed by Pearl Jam's closing main stage set."
    buf dtw buf sce yyz tol grr yhm yyz pit yyz yyz pit bna cae aus lax lax san phl phl cle buf mke mke atl pit buf clt san lax lax gsp cae bna sea sea
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    It stands to reason that the Jack Johnson set will morph into Pearl Jam's set, rather than having a very clear definition between the two.

That's how they're going to get more than 2 hours...I think.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    rhinomagic wrote:
    It stands to reason that the Jack Johnson set will morph into Pearl Jam's set, rather than having a very clear definition between the two.

I agree with this. There is no doubt the two will do something together, so I definitely wouldn't rule out an acoustic set with Jack before the 10:15 start time.
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    rhinomagic wrote:

at the same time, the people that want to see PJ but are not coming here or aware of the connection would miss out on the beginning of it is they started early.
    Sorry but running late is possible, starting early never happens...best case scenario is Ed joining Johnson for a couple of songs.
  • Options
    se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 328
    Are people actually suprized that there is disappointment here???? I cant believe anyone here has the nerve to claim that we should not be disappointed bc we should have expected a 2 hr time slot since its a festival.....NO, what everyone expected was for pj to get a usual headliner time slot, so of course people are gonna be bummed.
  • Options
    djonesrdjonesr Posts: 73
    rhinomagic wrote:

I don't think so. The reason I say this is not only is there 1 1/2 hours between JJ's set and PJ's set, but what about the clearing of the pit between acts?

If JJ's set morph's into PJ's set, what will happen with the pit clearing and the line? I don't think they would clear out the pit while performers are on the stage. Would all the JJ fans wind up staying in the pit for the PJ set while all the PJ fans had to stay in the line or go behind 60,000 other fans.... YIKES!

I think that Eddie will come out for a couple of songs with JJ during JJ's 90 minute set. And then PJ will play a few minutes over the 2 hrs.
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352
    I wish the Allmans were gonna be @ roo
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    I better get into better shape just to run between stages at Bonnaroo. Too many bands too little time.

Definitely liking the sound of Drive By Truckers to Tegan and Sara/Stephen Marley( splitting my time) to Les Claypool to The Raconteurs to Willie Nelson to Chris Rock ( leave Willie early) to Metallica to MMJ . PHEW! One heckuva Friday.

Saturday looks like Donavon Frankenreiter to Little Feat to Gogol Bordello to Cat Power ( 4:30 to 5:15) to B.B. King to a little Levon Helm to Jack Johnson to Pearl Jam to Sigur Ros.

Thankfully Broken Social Scene,Harrybu McCage x 2 sets , Aimee Mann, Death Cab, and Robert Plant and Allison Kraus looks like a relaxed Sunday.

Looking forward to meeting and hanging with many Jammers over the three days I'm there.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Blind3Blind3 Posts: 1,149
    Two hours is okay with me, though I don't believe they'll only two hours. I never planned on The Roo being the defining moment of my trip. The entire thirteen show run is THE highlight. The Roo is a chance to see more than 20 bands I like AND my favorite band (PJ) over three days.
    "Buy the ticket,take the ride"
    Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"If I wanted you to understand, I would have explained it better"
    Johan Cruijff
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,767
    Is there going to be a webcast of any type for the bonnaroo performance?
  • Options
    sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,033
    You guys can stop the panic...

http://bonnaroo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=music&action=display&thread=13516&page=2

A few posts down, all your fears will be put to rest.

From the inforoo board:

A direct quote from Ashley Capps, THE AC in AC Entertainment to Mike McCready on the telecon last week....

"Bonnaroo is a 24/7 experience. And none of us are going to tell Pearl Jam to quit playing."....

And tho I think he was kidding...when asked how long PJ would play at Bonnaroo....Mike said 5 and a half hours....

AND

Well....here's what Mike REALLY said they would probably do.....an exclusive preview for my Inforoo peeps!

"Knowing us, we’ll start off with probably an hour-and-a-half to two hour set. And then come back and do like a 10 song encore and then maybe come back and do more."

So.....there you have it..... Straight from the guitarist's mouth - LOL!
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Sweet.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!