Options

***MEN***

Comments

• Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I was married to the wrong man for too long... my wish is to be a man's "everything", first of all his best friend, and everything else will fall into place... ;)

"... my wish is to be a man's "everything""

Being a man, I would advise against this. Smothering is no good. Be what he needs you for. But leave preparing his taxes to his accountant, and his fillings to his dentist.
  • Options
    Ms. Wes C.addleMs. Wes C.addle Posts: 2,559
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    When I worked at a domestic violence treatment program, and volunteered at places for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assualt I was scared of men - probably for a few years.

Since then my view of men has unfolded like a rose - with each year I realize that more and more men are good people, and see more and more relationships made by good people. Even though it's been over 10 years since I left that field of work I think I'm still a little scared. It's cool to think that maybe there's a good man out there for me :)

The guessing, the wonder, is the spice of life. Life without spice is jello. That's it! Without men, life would be jello!
    I was married to the wrong man for too long... my wish is to be a man's "everything", first of all his best friend, and everything else will fall into place... ;)
    I think the 'best friend' quality is key to a strong relationship, and then be eachother's 'everything'..... Once that doesn't exist or isn't there from the start, respect and trust and closeness is gone.

Good for you for wanting more! We all want those things. I can't even imagine that feeling anymore.
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993

Being a man, I would advise against this. Smothering is no good. Be what he needs you for. But leave preparing his taxes to his accountant, and his fillings to his dentist.
    I don't want to be smothered, been down that route before, but I have needs too!! ;)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options

I don't want to be smothered, been down that route before, but I have needs too!! ;)

I think i'm confused. you said you wanted to be a mans "everything", therefore him being the smothered one...
  • Options
    Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,191
    I agree with Dissident...smothering is no good what so ever...However...
    being each others best friends is extremely important. I was friends with my wife before
    we decided to date. Do we have our issues? Sure we do (Dissident knows more than anyone that we do)
    but we make it work.

Be each others friend and the rest will fall into place.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    I think i'm confused. you said you wanted to be a mans "everything", therefore him being the smothered one...
    Being loved doesn't mean smothering... just a sweet caring man who has the same passions and interests as I do..

I've had enough controlling and smothering...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Theovl316 wrote:
    I agree with Dissident...smothering is no good what so ever...However...
    being each others best friends is extremely important. I was friends with my wife before
    we decided to date. Do we have our issues? Sure we do (Dissident knows more than anyone that we do)
    but we make it work.

Be each others friend and the rest will fall into place.
    That's exactly what I want! ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Being loved doesn't mean smothering... just a sweet caring man who has the same passions and interests as I do..

but again, you have to becareful what you wish for. Having the same needs and wants isn't always a good thing. Henceforth the cliche` "opposites attract"
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    I'm don't ask for the moon, and all of the treasure in Mesopotamia. . . I just want Clark Kent :D

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_rzdB5a4kLAo/Sk4z2Ck718I/AAAAAAAAO5I/zLY3oyNECP0/s320/clark_kent.jpg
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Theovl316 wrote:

but again, you have to becareful what you wish for. Having the same needs and wants isn't always a good thing. Henceforth the cliche` "opposites attract"
    I hear ya! ;) Maybe I misspoke when I said be a man's everything, what I should have said is to be an important person in his life. I married really young, and friendship never really was part of our marriage. It was a more of a physical attraction. His mistress was alcohol, and will always be...

I don't plan on marrying again, but I would like to be in a loving and caring relationship, and have a lot in common. That's not really asking for too much... :D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Never say never....
  • Options
    The sea is a cruel mistress...
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    The sea is a cruel mistress...

eeyy, it 'tis matey
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Our 31 year relationship started with a very strong sexual attraction and just really enjoying time together. I believe that is the basis to a good lasting relationship and then people learn how to be a good partner. They learn what makes the other happiest and a friendship grows through trust and faith. Each individual must find the importance in life, not for everyone is that another human being. We were lucky to have found that we together was the most important thing in our lives and we have worked to keep it so.
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Our 31 year relationship started with a very strong sexual attraction and just really enjoying time together. I believe that is the basis to a good lasting relationship and then people learn how to be a good partner. They learn what makes the other happiest and a friendship grows through trust and faith. Each individual must find the importance in life, not for everyone is that another human being. We were lucky to have found that we together was the most important thing in our lives and we have worked to keep it so.

Why must you turn every serious thread into a joke?

:D
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Well, you both are amazing people.... so, together, ultra amazing!!! ;)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    im a man,i love women,wtf we talking here?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options

It's all Greek to me.

LOL. HAHA. I bet you've never heard that before!

Bazinga!
  • Options
    And ladies love greek style! Oh, wait- that ain't right! :?
  • Options
    pandora wrote:
    Well, you both are amazing people.... so, together, ultra amazing!!! ;)
    Thank you, and you a wonderful and beautiful young woman with a happy life ahead. You are very sensitive and smart a great combination, good things are bound to find their way to you!
  • Options
    pandora wrote:

Why must you turn every serious thread into a joke?

I'm a comedian that way :mrgreen:

but the women have been serious the men they joke
  • Options
    You are one of the exceptions "D", and yes there are some really good men out there!!! ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I like men, but there's good and bad. I suspect I might like chocolate a lot more than some of them.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Claireack wrote:
    I like men, but there's good and bad. I suspect I might like chocolate a lot more than some of them.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=133717&start=120#p3013663

• Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    norm wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=133717&start=120#p3013663

:lol:
  • Options
    It's Raining Men!!! ;)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-n9Zdf19-c :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    jojojojo Posts: 645

nice

lol men rock and suck all at once ;)

but then again so do us ladies..... sometimes

that what keeps it interesting
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • Options
    jojo wrote:

nice

lol men rock and suck all at once ;)

but then again so do us ladies..... sometimes

that what keeps it interesting
    It sure does! :thumbup:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options

Be what he needs 'me' for? :think: I've been there, done that... :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Claireack wrote:

+1
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more