Options

***MEN***

Comments

• Options
    eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    pandora wrote:
    Men are awesome they just need to feel so. You catch more flies with honey, never nag. Ask and reward not necessarily always in that order ;) There is a very old movie that ladies can take a lesson from its called "If A Man Answers" it has a most unique technique for a happy lasting relationship. It really just comes down to the golden rule in the end though for men and women alike and for all relationships.
    What would we do without them ladies? I wouldn't want to find out.

You'd have to deal with spiders your goddamn selves! ;)
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855

pearljameddie.jpg
    Mr Vedder always gets my vote, no contest.
  • Options
    Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
    pandora wrote:
    Men are awesome they just need to feel so. You catch more flies with honey, never nag. Ask and reward not necessarily always in that order ;) There is a very old movie that ladies can take a lesson from its called "If A Man Answers" it has a most unique technique for a happy lasting relationship. It really just comes down to the golden rule in the end though for men and women alike and for all relationships.

Here here! Great post :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    eyedclaar wrote:
    pandora wrote:

spiders I can handle...and I have 2 little mini mountain lions to handle mice...
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    :lol: Agreed. Oh and the accent...forgot to add that in. Excuses for not doing something do sound a touch nicer with the accent.

accent??? what accent???????????? ;):lol:
    :lol: How long will I have to live there to sound like that?

sorry girl... you will never sound australian. you have to be born to it. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

Damn! :( I did accidentally say "brekkie" at work once. No one knew what the hell I was talking about :lol:

• Options
    girl... you dont play fair. hmmmm depp.
    Eddie and Johnny are at the top of my list :D Becks gets a spot as long as he promises not to talk :):lol:

see i suspect i am too much like both those glorious men for it to be healthy.... and yes if becks promises not to talk he just might have a chance. :lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

Damn! :( I did accidentally say "brekkie" at work once. No one knew what the hell I was talking about :lol:

:lol::lol:

classic.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options

I would have. Of course, I was married to one once. She was always lacing my tea and toast with poisonous things like jellyfish, snakes, spiders, and vegemite.

• Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

I would have. Of course, I was married to one once. She was always lacing my tea and toast with poisonous things like jellyfish, snakes, spiders, and vegemite.

you sir are so full of shit that i dont believe a word you say. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    girl... you dont play fair. hmmmm depp.
    Eddie and Johnny are at the top of my list :D Becks gets a spot as long as he promises not to talk :):lol:

see i suspect i am too much like both those glorious men for it to be healthy.... and yes if becks promises not to talk he just might have a chance. :lol:
    Doesn't have to be healthy...just has to be fun ;):mrgreen:

• Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

vegemite *gag* even my cat ran out of the room when I tried to give her some :|

• Options

What the? I haven't even told you about the platypus she turned loose in my bath water once. Those things are poisonous too!

• Options

Doesn't have to be healthy...just has to be fun ;):mrgreen:

im fragile... mental health is everything. fun is the icing. ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    I do feel the need to say this though-
    There are some truly great men out there..... most of them gay or married, but a few that actually have their shit somewhat figured out and aren't completely oozing with bullshit and soul-sucking capabilities.
    I like to think that I know 1 or 2 ;) ..... and it makes me smile.

A gold star to those few left- you are a dying breed!
    thank you.
    ;)

although some people truly dislike me.
    all i know is
    you can't please everyone
    and
    you shouldn't even try too.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    eyedclaar wrote:

What the? I haven't even told you about the platypus she turned loose in my bath water once. Those things are poisonous too!

i dont need to be told... im australian remember?????? i know of the poisonous barb. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    eyedclaar wrote:
    pandora wrote:

and there it is; the TRUTH why we keep ya around. ;)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976

well i wasn't. but even if i was, sex isn't the only reason i put up with my man.
    and......he does do what he says he's going to do. always.
    however, he doesn't always do what i want him to do.
    so there's always that.
    :lol:
    I could live with that. It's all in the follow through.
    Sex and the fact that he's willing to change the litter box...that's what works for me :P

see, who says women aren't easy?
    :mrgreen:

it is the little day-to-day stuff.
    and sure....sex.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378

well i wasn't. but even if i was, sex isn't the only reason i put up with my man.
    and......he does do what he says he's going to do. always.
    however, he doesn't always do what i want him to do.
    so there's always that.
    :lol:
    I could live with that. It's all in the follow through.
    Sex and the fact that he's willing to change the litter box...that's what works for me :P

see, who says women aren't easy?
    :mrgreen:

it is the little day-to-day stuff.
    and sure....sex.

Don't you have something to iron?
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    I just LOVE MEN ........... Most of my best friends are men, and there is always the "added" benefit that comes along. :lol:

There was a very old song - forgot the name of it - I think its called "It's Raining Men" how wondeful would that be :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    mikalina wrote:
    I just LOVE MEN ........... and there is always the "added" benefit that comes along. :lol:

You are speaking of the Dutch oven?
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    mikalina wrote:
    I just LOVE MEN ........... and there is always the "added" benefit that comes along. :lol:

You are speaking of the Dutch oven?

:lol: Too funny, I think I got too much sun today, I must not be thinking clearly ;)
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    If men did what they say they're going to do, cleaned up after themselves and looked like this:

david-beckham-1.jpg

It would be a beautiful, beautiful world *sigh*
    This guy is soooooooooooooooo easy on the eyes, amongst other things I'm sure ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    I cut my own lawn ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    I have no problem with men at all... in fact if anything, I feel a bit sorry for them. They have to put up with our indecision, mood swings, matyring and moaning.

well i don't mind the moaning...hopefully it means i'm doing something right! ;) :P
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,481
    norm wrote:
    I have no problem with men at all... in fact if anything, I feel a bit sorry for them. They have to put up with our indecision, mood swings, matyring and moaning.

well i don't mind the moaning...hopefully it means i'm doing something right! ;) :P

:lol::lol::lol:
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    norm wrote:

Mental *DELETE*
  • Options
    I'm sure there are some great men out there, but right now all my focus is going through a divorce, which is making is making it difficult to even think of trusting any man right now... :roll:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,253
    When I worked at a domestic violence treatment program, and volunteered at places for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assualt I was scared of men - probably for a few years.

Since then my view of men has unfolded like a rose - with each year I realize that more and more men are good people, and see more and more relationships made by good people. Even though it's been over 10 years since I left that field of work I think I'm still a little scared. It's cool to think that maybe there's a good man out there for me :)

The guessing, the wonder, is the spice of life. Life without spice is jello. That's it! Without men, life would be jello!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    When I worked at a domestic violence treatment program, and volunteered at places for survivors of domestic violence and sexual assualt I was scared of men - probably for a few years.

Since then my view of men has unfolded like a rose - with each year I realize that more and more men are good people, and see more and more relationships made by good people. Even though it's been over 10 years since I left that field of work I think I'm still a little scared. It's cool to think that maybe there's a good man out there for me :)

The guessing, the wonder, is the spice of life. Life without spice is jello. That's it! Without men, life would be jello!
    I was married to the wrong man for too long... my wish is to be a man's "everything", first of all his best friend, and everything else will fall into place... ;)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad