Options

Breaking Bad...

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    PJ88 wrote:

I think Walter White is becoming the person he is supposed to be. Deep down inside he has always been an uncaring, what's in it for me person. This lifestyle has given him the opportunity to be who he should be: Cold, calculated, deadly. It has been great to watch the transformation.

I also think it has shown that he's always been that person but has never outwardly shown it.
    Clearly he was extremely upset at more or less being screwed over by his former colleague who now owns the company Grey Matter and is worth tens of millions. His idea, which lead to the success of the company, taken from him and he got nothing from it. Once burned, he then had to take what he could get which he even said on the show "being overly qualified for the position of a high school chemistry teacher".

You get kicked in the ass so many times and eventually you're gonna break!
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    PJ88 wrote:
    I think Walter White is becoming the person he is supposed to be. Deep down inside he has always been an uncaring, what's in it for me person. This lifestyle has given him the opportunity to be who he should be: Cold, calculated, deadly. It has been great to watch the transformation.

I think you're dead on. Remember that scene in the first season where his boss at the car wash bullied him. He blew up...he wanted to be a badass...unfortunately, he was a chemistry teacher with tons of responsibilities to adhere to.

His cancer diagnosis freed him to be who he wanted to be.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    i dont know if i agree with that analysis. yes that transformation is there. but i dont think he always wanted to be this guy, the guy he is. I see it more as he was forced into the this situation. He has cancer. Thats where it all stems from. He wouldnt be cooking meth if he was cancer free. he's not using the meth after all and he has been pretty careful with who he deals the meth to and with who he hangs out with. He broke bad, because he wanted to provide for skyler and walt jr and now holly. Thats the whole point of the show in my mind at least. A guy who was normal, a normal chemistry teacher, is forced to become a cold blooded maniac in order to provide for his family because he is dying of cancer. I dont see him doing any of the actions in the series otherwise. What was that scene in the first season with the body being dismembered in a bathtub? i dont think he would have done that if he was cancer free.

This show to me is about absolute desperation, and being put in a position, forced into a position, with no way out. This was his only way to provide for his family. And its certainly caused alot of mayhem and problems as a result.
  • Options
    afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    afroannnie wrote:

Breaking Bad better beat Mad Men for best drama! It probably won't, but it should.

I'm sure Cranston will win best actor. I'm thinking either Aaron Paul or Giancarlo Esposito will win best supporting actor....I'm leaning towards Gus.
  • Options
    i dont know if i agree with that analysis. yes that transformation is there. but i dont think he always wanted to be this guy, the guy he is. I see it more as he was forced into the this situation. He has cancer. Thats where it all stems from. He wouldnt be cooking meth if he was cancer free. he's not using the meth after all and he has been pretty careful with who he deals the meth to and with who he hangs out with. He broke bad, because he wanted to provide for skyler and walt jr and now holly. Thats the whole point of the show in my mind at least. A guy who was normal, a normal chemistry teacher, is forced to become a cold blooded maniac in order to provide for his family because he is dying of cancer. I dont see him doing any of the actions in the series otherwise. What was that scene in the first season with the body being dismembered in a bathtub? i dont think he would have done that if he was cancer free.

This show to me is about absolute desperation, and being put in a position, forced into a position, with no way out. This was his only way to provide for his family. And its certainly caused alot of mayhem and problems as a result.
    To me it's the desperation combined with his being burned over and over in his career and therefore financially. To me, holding on to that anger for so long combined with another kick in the ass...him being diagnosed with terminal cancer...has lead him to become more outwardly angry. He has absolutely nothing to lose so it makes more sense that the "fuck it" attitude would come out.
  • Options
    Whoa!
    Just got back from the grocery store. As I was walking out...a silver/gray Chevy Aztec. Beat up and dumpy looking, just like Walt's! :lol:
  • Options
    afroannnie wrote:

Breaking Bad better beat Mad Men for best drama! It probably won't, but it should.

I'm sure Cranston will win best actor. I'm thinking either Aaron Paul or Giancarlo Esposito will win best supporting actor....I'm leaning towards Gus.

I love Giancarlo..he did an amazing job. I hope Mark Margolis pulls off a win too..his ability to communicate without saying a word (except flashbacks) was pretty impressive.
  • Options
    JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
    Finally watched the first episode of season 5...

One thing I can't remember for the life of me is what happened to Ted??
    If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    He ran in his house, fell and then rammed his head.

I thought he was dead. There was a pile of oranges on the table...a sure death symbol in tv/movies.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    afroannnie wrote:

I hope so too -- Aaron Paul and Giancarlo are awesome...but what about Mike, the hitman? He's fucking fantastic too.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    afroannnie wrote:

I hope so too -- Aaron Paul and Giancarlo are awesome...but what about Mike, the hitman? He's fucking fantastic too.

Yeah, Mike is pretty damn good. It looks like he is going to have a pretty prominent role this season so maybe he'll get nominated next year.
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    tomorrow cant come fast enough. Like alot of people on this thread, i caught up on seasons 1-4 last year, so this year is the first season im watching live. So the week in between is a killer. Seems like from now until september my entire week is going to be consisting of waiting until sunday for this show. I just want to see how this all pans out.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    DS1119 wrote:

Yeah Bitch!!!...BOB BARKER!!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

:lol::lol: I can't believe he came so close to winning the showcase showdown.
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    afroannnie wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I want a Bob Barker cameo in season 5 now too
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    Is Breaking Bad on tonight?
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    See Tio Salamanca's reaction to Aaron on The Price Is Right here..

http://shelovesbeautifulpeople.tumblr.c ... eaking-bad
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Just finished season 2 last night. The last 3 episodes were powerful. Can't wait to keep watching while trying not to hear any spoilers.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    Mike is IN!

dude is so badass.
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Q: Would you rather fight 12 duck-sized horses, or 1 horse-sized duck? Which would Walter White choose? WE NEED TO KNOW! -- zkrauss

A: I'd rather go with the 12 duck-sized horses, because I think they'd look really cute, those little tiny horses. And then I'd kill them all.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Cooking Mama: Breaking Bad Edition
    cooking-mama-breaking-bad-edition-cook-the-highest-quality-product-with-mama-walt.jpg

Breaking Bad fans, I've found the most amazing flash game you'll play all day. Feast your glossy eyes on Breaking Bad Cooking Mama from Juan David Gómez. In this clever game you'll go through the steps of making meth as seen in the hit AMC show, like crushing sudafed pills, mixing ingredients in the right order, and adding ingredients to your mixture at the right time. What's great is how Mama Walt guides you through every step of the way in order to make sure your product is up to his standards. It's really short, but definitely got me smiling.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/726531/cooking-mama-breaking-bad-edition-cook-the-highest-quality-product-with-mama-walt/

Ive never heard of this game before, but cookin up some virtual meth could be fun.
    Unfortunately, every time I try the site to play the game, it says servers are down.
    Game must be pretty popular :lol:
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Wow, I had to search through 15-16 pages of Breaking Bad pages to find the BB losers thread. I have 2 episodes left of Season 4. What an unbelievable show. The acting is top notch. One episode tonight and the finale tomorrow. It's very tough trying to not find out current info on the show. I have to be careful what I read on twitter on Sundays 10-11pm. Watching all the seasons on Blu-ray unedited is pretty cool.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Wow, I had to search through 15-16 pages of Breaking Bad pages to find the BB losers thread. I have 2 episodes left of Season 4. What an unbelievable show. The acting is top notch. One episode tonight and the finale tomorrow. It's very tough trying to not find out current info on the show. I have to be careful what I read on twitter on Sundays 10-11pm. Watching all the seasons on Blu-ray unedited is pretty cool.

I didn't know they had unedited versions of the episodes. Hmm