Options

Breaking Bad...

Comments

• Options
    Been pretty spoiled by streaming the first 4 seasons. No waiting a whole week for the next episode. No sitting thru commercials. Now the waiting!!! AHHH!

Looks like Season 4 is now streaming on Netflix.

When do those posters go onsale?
    Really wish I coulda snagged that Lily of the Valley one. That shit is sweet!
    http://admitwhatyoudid.com/bg/awud/
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Been pretty spoiled by streaming the first 4 seasons. No waiting a whole week for the next episode. No sitting thru commercials. Now the waiting!!! AHHH!

Looks like Season 4 is now streaming on Netflix.

When do those posters go onsale?
    Really wish I coulda snagged that Lily of the Valley one. That shit is sweet!
    http://admitwhatyoudid.com/bg/awud/

They've gone on sale at random times. The Breaking Bad facebook page has been announcing when they go on sale. They have all sold out pretty fast.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    A funny video compiling many of jesse's "yo"s

http://gawker.com/5925569/yo-heres-a-su ... ying-yo-yo
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'm up to Episode 5 of season 2. Jesse describing that his new place will be "Asiany Modern" to his boys. :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Jnich2424 wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:
    Tonight's the Night!! :D:D:clap: :corn:
    Dear Little Baby Jesus, let someone put the torrent online for this immediately after it is done so I can download before I go to work Monday morning and watch when I get back. :D

If you haven't seen it yet, AMC.com is streaming episode 1 for free.
  • Options
    Watched Season 2 episodes 6 "Peekaboo", ATM and 7 "Negro y Azul, Turtle bomb. Wow :o :shock:
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Better call Saul. Best episdoe yet.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    JK_Livin wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqnHtGgVAUE
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Heisenberg wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqnHtGgVAUE

:lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,257
    Annnnnnnnd....caught up!
    Awesome show!!!

Of of my biggest gripes about the show... Why doesn't anyone park their car in their fn garage? Empty garage, desert heat, car in the driveway.... :?

• Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    mca47 wrote:
    Annnnnnnnd....caught up!
    Awesome show!!!

Of of my biggest gripes about the show... Why doesn't anyone park their car in their fn garage? Empty garage, desert heat, car in the driveway.... :?

:fp: :lol:
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Annnnnnnnd....caught up!
    Awesome show!!!

It's true.
    It's ridiculous!

Nobody. Walt, Skylar, Hank, Walt Jr...
    Hell, Jesse parks on the street!!

I think if I was Walt and knowing I could be offed at any moment...I'd think that putting the car in the garage might be a better idea.
    Bad guy: "Hey, is that his car? Oh....oh yeah...he's home."

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    mca47 wrote:
    Annnnnnnnd....caught up!
    Awesome show!!!

I told you that you would catch up fast! So addicting, right?

:lol::lol: I never thought about the car parking thing...so true now that I think of it.
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    mca47 wrote:
    Annnnnnnnd....caught up!
    Awesome show!!!

interesting observation. As the seasons have gone on, i think part of it, maybe subconsiously is, it takes longer to park in the garage, and thus takes longer to get out. There have been many times where walk needed to be out of the house quick, or times when he needed to leave in the middle of the night. Plus lets not forget he and skyler were seperated for awhile, and as far as i remember his apartment didnt have a garage. And it would have been wierd for him to park in the garage because skyler kicked him out. In terms of them worried about being offed at any moment, I would think having a car outside the garage, not in the garage, would be the better choice, given that stress hanging over them. Opening the garage door, waiting for the door to open etc... takes alot longer than just backing out the drive way. Theres also been times, walt has wanted to stay hidden and not seen or heard by skyler or walt jr, so parking in the garage really isnt the best way to go for that route either. Plus we have no idea if the garage is even clean and neat, it could be piled high with a bunch of old toys for walt jr, or boxes of chemistry stuff etc...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    mca47 wrote:
    Annnnnnnnd....caught up!
    Awesome show!!!

interesting observation. As the seasons have gone on, i think part of it, maybe subconsiously is, it takes longer to park in the garage, and thus takes longer to get out. There have been many times where walk needed to be out of the house quick, or times when he needed to leave in the middle of the night. Plus lets not forget he and skyler were seperated for awhile, and as far as i remember his apartment didnt have a garage. And it would have been wierd for him to park in the garage because skyler kicked him out. In terms of them worried about being offed at any moment, I would think having a car outside the garage, not in the garage, would be the better choice, given that stress hanging over them. Opening the garage door, waiting for the door to open etc... takes alot longer than just backing out the drive way. Theres also been times, walt has wanted to stay hidden and not seen or heard by skyler or walt jr, so parking in the garage really isnt the best way to go for that route either. Plus we have no idea if the garage is even clean and neat, it could be piled high with a bunch of old toys for walt jr, or boxes of chemistry stuff etc...

:lol::lol:

Definitely overthinking it when you wonder how messy a fictional garage is
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Annnnnnnnd....caught up!
    Awesome show!!!

It's true.
    It's ridiculous!

Nobody. Walt, Skylar, Hank, Walt Jr...
    Hell, Jesse parks on the street!!

I think if I was Walt and knowing I could be offed at any moment...I'd think that putting the car in the garage might be a better idea.
    Bad guy: "Hey, is that his car? Oh....oh yeah...he's home."

plus you seem to be thinking of low level criminals. they would be worried or interested to know if he's home or not. The kinds of guys walt has run into and dealt with the past 4 seasons, now 5, are cold blooded killers and hitmen, insane drug dealers. Mike and or gus or the cartel, or whoever, those guys who entered his house while he was taking a shower, they dont give a damn if his car is parked there or not, they are getting in the door. They are coming in the house no matter what, car outside or not.
  • Options

As someone who just watched every episode in the last week and a half... :lol: they've shown some garages.
    At the house, Walt was storing money in the garage behind some insulation. Garage had plenty of space for a car or two.
    At his place, after Walt and Jesse got into the fight, Walt Jr. stopped by to see why he missed his birthday. Walt let him in through the garage, which...was completely empty.

I don't know. I think I'd feel safer if the bad guys couldn't immediately tell if I was at home. Hell, the guy makes remote controlled bombs, pretty sure he could rig up a souped-up garage door! :lol:

Also, as someone who lives in the desert...bad guys or not, my car is going in the f'n garage! Shit gets hot! :lol:
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Annnnnnnnd....caught up!
    Awesome show!!!

I told you that you would catch up fast! So addicting, right?

:lol::lol: I never thought about the car parking thing...so true now that I think of it.

Yeah, it didn't take long at all! hahaha!
    I got spoiled watching those episodes back to back and without commercials! :D
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, it didn't take long at all! hahaha!

I got spoiled watching those episodes back to back and without commercials! :D

Yeah, I've caught up on a few shows like this watching everything back to back on dvd/netflix. Sucks when you have to start waiting a week for every episode.
  • Options
    mca what did you think of season 4? I thought the last 3 or 4 episodes, Crawl Space, End times, Face off etc.. were some of the greatest episodes in tv history. I found myself on the edge of my seat. When he went to the crawl space to get the money! Wow! and when the cartel was going after him in the last half of last season. brilliant.

theres no better tv show on the air.

its pretty exciting, its like seeing jordan in his prime or something. this is a special show. when a show is firing on all cylinders like BB is
  • Options
    mca what did you think of season 4? I thought the last 3 or 4 episodes, Crawl Space, End times, Face off etc.. were some of the greatest episodes in tv history. I found myself on the edge of my seat. When he went to the crawl space to get the money! Wow! and when the cartel was going after him in the last half of last season. brilliant.

theres no better tv show on the air.

Yeah, the last few episodes of season 4 were fantastic. It probably would have been a little more climatic had I not seen previews of season 5 (showing Walt, Skylar, Hank, family, etc) as I started up the first season. For as crazy as shit got, I knew all of them would be fine...at least during season 5.

But yeah, those last 3-4 episodes were amazing! Incredibly smart writing, and fantastic acting!

I think I watched at least 15 episodes last weekend! :lol:
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I saw something the other day about how they originally wanted Mathew Broderick or John Cusack to play Walter White.
    is one of those, Im glad Magnum didnt play Indian Jones moments?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    its pretty exciting, its like seeing jordan in his prime or something.

That's a great way to put it.

Networks have nominees in the drama category at the Emmys this year. All the shows are from PBS, HBO or AMC. That's quite telling.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I saw something the other day about how they originally wanted Mathew Broderick or John Cusack to play Walter White.
    is one of those, Im glad Magnum didnt play Indian Jones moments?

ugh.
    Matthew Broderick!?!
    That would make the show unwatchable!!
    John Cusack... well, I don't dislike him, but I just can't see that either.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Options
    No offense, but if someone told me that the guy who played Tim Whatley would be able to pull off the Walter White role 5 years ago, I would have scoffed at the idea.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    No offense, but if someone told me that the guy who played Tim Whatley would be able to pull off the Walter White role 5 years ago, I would have scoffed at the idea.

PBM

thats an excellent point
    i just can't see anyone else filling the role now tho

• Options
    I can't either.

The transformation he's made in that role over the past 4 seasons is remarkable. You slowly watch him turn away from this normal human being. I think that's the hardest part to watch. You see how quickly your life can change given certain circumstances.

PBM

• Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217

PBM

Very good point, but still, had they landed one of their first two choices...its hard to say if it would be such a success. Either way, I've always said that this is the best casted show i've seen.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    I can't either.

The transformation he's made in that role over the past 4 seasons is remarkable. You slowly watch him turn away from this normal human being. I think that's the hardest part to watch. You see how quickly your life can change given certain circumstances.

PBM

i agree, i think thats a very good observation. Where Mr White was on Episode 1 season 1 and where he is now, as a person, and as a meth manufacturer, i think its a very interesting and astounding transformation.

Im not sure what exactly was the turning point. What flipped the switch. Many people suggest it was possibly the I am the one who knocks speech
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074
    I can't either.

PBM

i agree, i think thats a very good observation. Where Mr White was on Episode 1 season 1 and where he is now, as a person, and as a meth manufacturer, i think its a very interesting and astounding transformation.

Im not sure what exactly was the turning point. What flipped the switch. Many people suggest it was possibly the I am the one who knocks speech

I think Walter White is becoming the person he is supposed to be. Deep down inside he has always been an uncaring, what's in it for me person. This lifestyle has given him the opportunity to be who he should be: Cold, calculated, deadly. It has been great to watch the transformation.