Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Shot my best round since I was in high school this weekend. Not impressive for most, but I broke 90 for the first time since I can remember, including 6 pars.

Nice good job
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Shot my best round since I was in high school this weekend. Not impressive for most, but I broke 90 for the first time since I can remember, including 6 pars.

9 or 18?

regulation or miniature?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,604
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

9 or 18?

regulation or miniature?

Ha, I'm not that bad now....that included a 42 on the back. I left a couple strokes out there too.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nice good job

Thanks, man. It was fun. Really got going on the back when I usually fall apart.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Still waiting to use my free birthday round at Hershey Links (one of the nicest courses in the area). Have had to eat it the last 4 years...damn November birthdays.

I need a 50+ degree day with no wind
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,962
    imalive wrote:
    In golf, you should wear 2 pairs of pants in case you get hole in one.

thanks, woody ;)

:lol: yeah saw that on around the horn :)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RoughMixRoughMix back of a lorry Posts: 385
    Still waiting to use my free birthday round at Hershey Links (one of the nicest courses in the area). Have had to eat it the last 4 years...damn November birthdays.

Have you played Latrobe? Home course of "The King".
    I might make a pilgrimage there this summer.

Nice avatar by the way.
    "They don't give a shit Keith Moon is dead,
    is that exactly what I thought I read."
  • Options
    RoughMix wrote:

Have you played Latrobe? Home course of "The King".
    I might make a pilgrimage there this summer.

Nice avatar by the way.

Thanks and you as well.

I have not played Latrobe, but the last couple of years we have done a baseball weekend in Pittsburgh, Philly priced us out, and have talked about heading west a day earlier to golf. Latrobe area has been mentioned, unless someone lets a bunch of knuckleheads on Oakmont.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    60 degrees this weekend :shock:

New Driver for Christmas - thank you In-Laws for the gift card

First round of 2013 is coming soon
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    Rory signs on with Nike. Just don't get married, dude.
  • Options
    And the first Tiger/Rory commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NCDYjHt ... r_embedded
  • Options
    Saturdays round went great. Par / Birdie start :D

Bird on 7 and 18 as well, yeah a few doubles as well. Completely fell apart last year, high numbers all over and I knew it was my grip. Got real weak with my right hand and just wasn't hitting the ball, but couldn't fix it. A few weeks off of golf and a mental reset, a stronger grip and back to normal.

Now we wait till March.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,324
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

ha.
    i was gonna post this. quite a solid commercial. reminds of the old bird/magic one's from way back.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    hey, it's been a pretty bizarre day in sports, so here's the cherry on top :shock: :lol::lol:
    Tiger Woods is a single man these days, but he may not still be over his ex-wife Elin Nordegren.

According to the National Enquirer, Woods wants to remarry Nordegren and he's offering a huge chunk of change to get her back. The magazine also reports that Tiger even proposed to her over Christmas, getting down on one knee and presenting Nordegren with a ring.

Nordegren is reportedly considering the proposal from Woods, who is desperate to get Nordegren back, but wants a $350 million anti-cheating clause added to the contract.

Woods' proposed deal reportedly is worth over half of his estimated $600 million fortune.

"Tiger didn't even balk at the demand. Even though his accountants think he's crazy, he's ready to sign the pre-nup and set a wedding date," a source told the magazine.

"The guy has never recovered from being dumped by Elin. He's dated lots of models and bimbos, but none of them were more than a one night stand."

The Enquirer reports that Woods and Nordegren have even begun having a sexual relationship again.

"Tiger stopped by Elin's rental house one afternoon when their kids were out with a nanny and they had sex for the first time since the split," a source reportedly told the Enquirer.

Woods and Nordegren met in 2001 after being introduced by Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik, for whom Elin was a nanny. The couple became engaged in November 2003 and married more than a year later in October 2004.

Woods and Nordegren have two children, but the marriage went awry after Nordegren discovered Woods had been cheating on her with multiple women. After learning of such news at Thanksgiving in Nov. 2009, she allegedly attacked Woods, who crashed his car into a tree.

Since the divorce, Nordegren has dated billionaire Jamie Dingman and reportedly NHL player Douglas Murray.

Woods and Nordegren have been living apart since 2010 as Nordegren works to rebuild her mansion in Palm Beach, Fla.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/tig ... dal-011613

now it's the national enquirer so take it wit a grain of salt

but... :corn:
  • Options
    ^^^^^ love it! :lol:

don't do it, elin. :nono:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    hey, it's been a pretty bizarre day in sports, so here's the cherry on top :shock: :lol::lol:
    Tiger Woods is a single man these days, but he may not still be over his ex-wife Elin Nordegren.

According to the National Enquirer, Woods wants to remarry Nordegren and he's offering a huge chunk of change to get her back. The magazine also reports that Tiger even proposed to her over Christmas, getting down on one knee and presenting Nordegren with a ring.

Nordegren is reportedly considering the proposal from Woods, who is desperate to get Nordegren back, but wants a $350 million anti-cheating clause added to the contract.

Woods' proposed deal reportedly is worth over half of his estimated $600 million fortune.

"Tiger didn't even balk at the demand. Even though his accountants think he's crazy, he's ready to sign the pre-nup and set a wedding date," a source told the magazine.

"The guy has never recovered from being dumped by Elin. He's dated lots of models and bimbos, but none of them were more than a one night stand."

The Enquirer reports that Woods and Nordegren have even begun having a sexual relationship again.

"Tiger stopped by Elin's rental house one afternoon when their kids were out with a nanny and they had sex for the first time since the split," a source reportedly told the Enquirer.

Woods and Nordegren met in 2001 after being introduced by Swedish golfer Jesper Parnevik, for whom Elin was a nanny. The couple became engaged in November 2003 and married more than a year later in October 2004.

Woods and Nordegren have two children, but the marriage went awry after Nordegren discovered Woods had been cheating on her with multiple women. After learning of such news at Thanksgiving in Nov. 2009, she allegedly attacked Woods, who crashed his car into a tree.

Since the divorce, Nordegren has dated billionaire Jamie Dingman and reportedly NHL player Douglas Murray.

Woods and Nordegren have been living apart since 2010 as Nordegren works to rebuild her mansion in Palm Beach, Fla.
    http://msn.foxsports.com/golf/story/tig ... dal-011613

now it's the national enquirer so take it wit a grain of salt

but... :corn:

Wow, this week can't get anymore bizarre. The National Enquirer was the first one to have the original Tiger story
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    sooo ... he apparently is having sex with her ... but wants to remarry her and is willing to sign off a tanker full of money to do so?

this guy is real desperate to refurbish his rep ...
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    sooo ... he apparently is having sex with her ... but wants to remarry her and is willing to sign off a tanker full of money to do so?

this guy is real desperate to refurbish his rep ...

Maybe he, you know, actually likes her and wants to raise his kids in a normal household. Bizarre, I know.
  • Options
    PGA is back. Woo

Only good thing about being sick today
  • Options
    tiger off to a good start this year...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I love when Tiger abuses the field...maybe getting back with Elin is the elixir?
  • Options
    fuck tiger. :wave:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    RW81233 wrote:
    I love when Tiger abuses the field...maybe getting back with Elin is the elixir?

apparently ... he's dating lindsey vonn ...
  • Options
    Got a little nervous at the beginning of the 4th round when Tiger was all over the plave on 1 and 2 and Snedeker was charging. 11 holes to go with a 6 stroke lead is as comfortable as it gets though. Hopefully it will be a big win to start the season.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

apparently ... he's dating lindsey vonn ...

you forgot the quotes........"dating"

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    was he wearing red?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    was he wearing red?

With a black sweater on top.

Struggled down the stretch a bit there, but admitted at getting really frustrated with the pace after the round. I think it was around 6 hours in total between yesterday and today. Brutal. Those are the days I end up playing about 13, he couldn't exactly do that.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,748
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Struggled down the stretch a bit there, but admitted at getting really frustrated with the pace after the round. I think it was around 6 hours in total between yesterday and today. Brutal. Those are the days I end up playing about 13, he couldn't exactly do that.

Yeah, what was with the slow pace out there? I had it on in the background while I was working at home today and they were just crawling out there. Ridiculous for that to happen on the PGA Tour.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, what was with the slow pace out there? I had it on in the background while I was working at home today and they were just crawling out there. Ridiculous for that to happen on the PGA Tour.

87 players had to play a full 36. They had originally planned to cut it down after Saturday with so many players making the cut but couldn't since they were playing straight through yesterday.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    was he wearing red?

With a black sweater on top.

Ha my course has a escape on 13, comes in handy when the men's club has a tournament and those bozos think its a tour event. :fp: