Options

The Golf Thread

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,537
    Yesterday I said Tiger would shoot 1 under.  Today my guess is he shoots 2 over.  
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Yesterday I said Tiger would shoot 1 under.  Today my guess is he shoots 2 over.  
    I think he'd gladly take 2 over today
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,738
    Brutal conditions for the guys with late tee times.  Wind all over the place.  12 is going to be a mess....and Spieth just put 2 in the water there.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    Brutal conditions for the guys with late tee times.  Wind all over the place.  12 is going to be a mess....and Spieth just put 2 in the water there.
    Deja vu
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    Nice bird. Tiger's battling out there
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Nice bird. Tiger's battling out there
    I missed 11 and 12, but he looks better today than yesterday, to me at least 
  • Options
    So is this over? 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,923
    So is this over? 
    No way. Still wide open. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 632
    Kevin Na and Charl Schartzel will run him down!  Jk.  Datagolf has Scheffler at 57% to win after rd 2.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    Well, another good guess.
  • Options
    JojoRice said:
    So is this over? 
    No way. Still wide open. 
    anything could happen, but dude is the hottest player on the planet, probably the hottest player in a while, and has a sizable lead. Some good players up there, but tough to see anyone running him down. 
  • Options
    Well, another good guess.
    Hope you’re a gambling man 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,923
    JojoRice said:
    So is this over? 
    No way. Still wide open. 
    anything could happen, but dude is the hottest player on the planet, probably the hottest player in a while, and has a sizable lead. Some good players up there, but tough to see anyone running him down. 
    Speith blew a 5 shot lead on the back 9 in 2016. Anything can happen. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    JojoRice said:
    JojoRice said:
    So is this over? 
    No way. Still wide open. 
    Speith blew a 5 shot lead on the back 9 in 2016. Anything can happen. 
    Similar players in some ways too. Flushing irons, making every single 10 foot putt imaginable.

That was an all time collapse
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    This is incredible

Since Bryson stated Augusta is a par 67 he is 43 over par in 8 rounds based on a par 67 measure. What a fucking tool bag 

• Options
    This is incredible

Since Bryson stated Augusta is a par 67 he is 43 over par in 8 rounds based on a par 67 measure. What a fucking tool bag 

There were a lot of fun Bryson stats floating around yesterday.  He's such a clown.

So that Scheffler guy is pretty good huh?  Insane run he's on right now.  I wish Tiger missed the cut....now CBS is going to show every single shot from a guy who is 10 shots off the lead.  I mean, I get it.  He moves the needle and everyone wants to see him but it takes away from other guys who are actually contending in a major.
  • Options
    This is incredible

There were a lot of fun Bryson stats floating around yesterday.  He's such a clown.

So that Scheffler guy is pretty good huh?  Insane run he's on right now.  I wish Tiger missed the cut....now CBS is going to show every single shot from a guy who is 10 shots off the lead.  I mean, I get it.  He moves the needle and everyone wants to see him but it takes away from other guys who are actually contending in a major.
    Yeah man. Gotta see every charl shot! Absolute worst case scenario is him winning

Getting late out there early 
  • Options
    Finished up a pretty big house project a couple hours ago. Wife and daughter just went to her moms. Masters and yanks/Sox. Hell of an afternoon 
  • Options
    That chip in on 3 sure did suck the fun out of the final round Masters.  
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,458
    This is incredible

not EVERYONE wants to see the attention whore.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Big ole yawn. Dudes balling. Vanilla as can be
  • Options
    What a run for Scheffler.  Has won 4 out of 6 at 4 very different courses.  Type of shit Tiger used to do back in the day.
  • Options
    And classic Rory with the backdoor top 5.  Dude always shows up on Sunday when he has no chance to win.  
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    That round by Rory was one of the best I have ever seen. Incredible. 
    Australian Grand Prix. Masters. Yanks/Sox.  What a day!
  • Options
    Nobody in this generation of players wants to take the reigns and run with it.  Is the money too good?  Family distractions?  I don't think it is because there is more parity than there has been in the past.  We'll see.    Only a select few can get to the consistency of Tiger in his prime (which was a 10 year period).  

Maybe Scheffler can be that player.  I doubt it though as he seems pretty grounded and may not prioritize winning at all costs versus family.

• Options
    I found myself rooting against Scheffler but not really knowing why.  I think it was just because I wanted to see a close finish.  I don't want to root for Smith much either because of that filthy rat's nest he wears on his head (ha).   
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,726
    I found myself rooting against Scheffler but not really knowing why.  I think it was just because I wanted to see a close finish.  I don't want to root for Smith much either because of that filthy rat's nest he wears on his head (ha).   
    Because he was leading. The same reason me and everybody was rooting against him (unless you had money on him). Such is the life of being the leader on Sunday of a major with a three-stroke (or more) lead.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,629
    edited April 2022
    Agree completely.  The chip in sucked.  I like Scheffler but I wanted to see some drama.  I can't believe how that changed everything.  

My wife doesn't like Cam.  I tend to like people who dress or look weird playing golf.  I root against douchers like Patrick Reid and Bryson.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,261
    edited April 2022
    Yeah I was rooting against him. I had some money on Rory winning and then I also had Morakowa with a top 5. How about those two chip ins though? Pretty awesome
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Yeah I was rooting against him. I had some money on Rory winning and then I also had Morakowa with a top 5. How about those two chip ins though? Pretty awesome

Awesome is right!  I also loved watching complete rounds, with no commercials on masters.com. Watched Tiger's complete round on Thursday and Rory on Sunday.  Fantastic seeing the entire round in sequence rather the selected shots on CBS.  CBS is almost unwatchable because the broadcast is so scripted.