The Golf Thread

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    I don’t really understand the whole sponsor thing with Phil. The Asian/European tour are in bed with the Saudis and nothing, and what Phil said was pretty gross, but kinda ridiculous to support those tours who have actually taken money and cut Phil off who just said some pretty shitty things.

I get the PGA tour side of things, not sponsors 
    Not surprising these days.  Callaway "paused" their relationship with Phil.  Once all of this dies down I'm sure he'll get back most of these sponsors.  Same thing happened with Tiger when he lost a bunch of sponsors after all his mistresses came forward.  
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Would like for Berger to hold on to this one, please and thank you 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    Would like for Berger to hold on to this one, please and thank you 
    Got some dough on this one? 
    What the fuck, Berger.

have him in my one and done pool and would be a nice little boost
    Not many are talking about Greg Norman's role in  all this.  They guy just has it out for the PGA Tour.   He doesn't give up that's for sure.  
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Played my best round of 22' today. Shot 80. Hopefully can stay consistent. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
    Played for the first time since November. No practice range. Went to first tee and first three balls didn’t go 10 feet combined.  Once I got going everything was pulling way left.  Got some work to do.
    This is an absolute bloodbath at Bay Hill today.  These greens look like they're putting on ice.
    Got out to the course again today.  Stoked to get these season going.  

Scheffler...2 wins in three weeks.  Great showing at the Ryder Cup.  Gonna be a force going forward?   
    Hideki with a last second WD this morning.  Was seriously considering him for my 1 and done this week.  That would have been brutal.  Went with Hovland for this week.  Half the pool went with Morikawa...hoping he's a MC.  Huge week for the 1 and done pools with this purse.....$3.6M to the winner!
    Hideki with a last second WD this morning.  Was seriously considering him for my 1 and done this week.  That would have been brutal.  Went with Hovland for this week.  Half the pool went with Morikawa...hoping he's a MC.  Huge week for the 1 and done pools with this purse.....$3.6M to the winner!
    I went with Morikawa....such a damned if you do, damed if you don't situation.  He misses the cut and you pick the winner, you are sitting reeeeal pretty.  If he wins and half the pool has him, you're pretty much completely out of it.  One and done pools are the best.
    They'll be lucky to finish by Monday at this point.  
    Dealing with some wind today!
    17 is going to be absolute carnage all day long.  This is great.
    Live from The Players - I love how the European commentator (Paul McGinley) is the one that is perfectly fine with the weather and the 17th hole.  Such a disparity between the Euro tour and PGA tour, along with golf in Europe vs US in general.
    Going to be a wild finish here.  Cam Smith is tough when he gets his putter going.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    Hate having this end on a day I cannot watch it
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Does Cam Smith ever miss a par putt????  Incredible putting by him today.
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Does Cam Smith ever miss a par putt????  Incredible putting by him today.
    It was incredible.  I feel bad for Paul Casey.  He had a great chance after Cam duck hooked it into the woods and then he got that horrible break.  
    Always cool to fly into Philly over south jersey…you get to see Pine Valley

edited March 2022
    Nice mail day today.....

Post edited by JojoRice on

Goooodness…sounds like Phil isn’t in the Masters. Sounds like it’s gonna be a while. A few weeks ago on the podcast, No laying up said they heard it would be a lot longer than they or people expected 
    Wow.  He must be suspended?   I wonder if he will ever tee it up on the PGA Tour ever again.  Can’t imagine he isn’t playing in the LIV league when it has started.  You don’t screw over the Saudis.  
    Thought for sure he'd play The Masters since it has nothing to do with the PGA Tour and any suspension that he might have received.  That's wild.  2 more weeks until Augusta!  My wife's friend is having a 1 year old bday party on Masters Sunday.....already told her that there's 0% chance I'll be attending that.
    Saw Tiger wasn’t on the list of non-playing prior winners (yet).   I wonder why he doesn’t indicate his decision sooner, unless he is really that close to getting out there again.   Would be shocking if he played. 

Anyone heading to the Masters?   Could go on Monday for practice round but work is in the way.
    Saw Tiger wasn’t on the list of non-playing prior winners (yet).   I wonder why he doesn’t indicate his decision sooner, unless he is really that close to getting out there again.   Would be shocking if he played. 

Anyone heading to the Masters?   Could go on Monday for practice round but work is in the way.
    I'm going Sunday to the Drive, Chip, Putt event before practice rounds start. 

Match Play has been entertaining.  The Koepka-Rahm matchup was great this morning.  Now DJ-Koepka in the afternoon.
  • ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 624
    Kiz won the last 4 holes in a row to beat Adam Scott 1up.  I've got Kiz in the 1 and done this week!
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
    Moment of truth...No Laying Up and others are tracking Tiger's plane to Augusta this morning
    Moment of truth...No Laying Up and others are tracking Tiger's plane to Augusta this morning
    Would have low expectations for him but would be great to see him play.  I can't imagine the preparation he needs to do to play one round of golf (with a bum back, knew, neck, ankle, etc..).