Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    mcgruff10 said:
    Migrant caravan numbers have now swelled to 7,000.  yikes.  How do you process that many people?  Where do you put them?  How do you take care of that many at one time?
    We dealt with 50,000 people last month. I'm sure we can handle this. Also, Mexico estimates the number at around 3,700.

Caravan's have been coming for years. Main difference now is the president wants to scare up his racist base to the voting booths in 9 days. I suspect we'll hear a lot less about this after 11/ 6...

Gonna take them 4-5 weeks to walk across the entire country of Mexico. Relax. This is no crisis. Immigration in general has been on the decline for quite some time now. 
    Exactly. The same ones here telling us not to buy into the narrative by the mainstream media are the same ones buying into this caravan BS by Trump, the GOP and the same mainstream media.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited October 2018
    I'm assuming that's directed at me, you're neighborhood hero Captain Contrarian... so I'll gladly point out its total horseshit

It's funny how if you dare to break at all with the AMT echo chamber and offer a slightly different viewpoint, on anything, and realize screaming and yelling that the other side are only moronic racists is wrong and totally ineffective in actually making progress let alone making a point, you get labeled as being a Trump supporter or somehow duped by Trump. It's pretty fucking funny actually. I'm sure I'll be called a racist Nazi or something along those lines soon

If what I see in here is playing out nationally, I'm worried about the dems picking up as many seats as people think. He who laughs last and all that jazz

Wait for it, bro

lol
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    my2hands said:
    I'm assuming that's directed at me, you're neighborhood hero Captain Contrarian... so I'll gladly point out its total horseshit

It's funny how if you dare to break at all with the AMT echo chamber and offer a slightly different viewpoint, on anything, and realize screaming and yelling that the other side are only moronic racists is wrong and totally ineffective in actually making progress let alone making a point, you get labeled as being a Trump supporter or somehow duped by Trump. It's pretty fucking funny actually. I'm sure I'll be called a racist Nazi or something along those lines soon

If what I see in here is playing out nationally, I'm worried about the dems picking up as many seats as people think. He who laughs last and all that jazz

Wait for it, bro

lol
    Oh don't you know?  I'm a racist fascist and apparently a Trump supporter that can only post memes or fake pictures.  

Everyone right of Fauxahontas is a Nazi too.  Eventually they may be right.

I least I know the difference between illegal and legal, asylum seeker and invader, and that gun laws don't do anything to stop criminals.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

Wait for it, bro

lol
    Oh don't you know?  I'm a racist fascist and apparently a Trump supporter that can only post memes or fake pictures.  

I least I know the difference between illegal and legal, asylum seeker and invader, and that gun laws don't do anything to stop criminals.
    Like they say if the shoe fits ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,126
    my2hands said:

Wait for it, bro

lol
    Yeah you are experiencing what happens here when you don’t fall 100% in line with a very far left agenda. And I’d say to some extent when you just don’t fall 100% onto 1-sides agenda.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

Wait for it, bro

lol

Yeah I don’t think anyone in that caravan is an asylum seeker...they are coming for economic reasons.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,314
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

Wait for it, bro

lol

Yeah I don’t think anyone in that caravan is an asylum seeker...they are coming for economic reasons.
    For the white women don’t forget that ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

Wait for it, bro

lol

On what do you base that? 
  • Options
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

Wait for it, bro

lol

I’ll have to go back and find the article. I believe CNN. Had I individual stories of the people. All we’re looking for jobs/$. Not saying that’s a bad reason....but it doesn’t meet the definition of an asylum seeker.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

Wait for it, bro

lol

I’ll have to go back and find the article. I believe CNN. Had I individual stories of the people. All we’re looking for jobs/$. Not saying that’s a bad reason....but it doesn’t meet the definition of an asylum seeker.
    I posted an article a few days ago which also interviewed people, including families who were being extorted by protection rings and threatened with death if they didn’t pay up.

Do you dispute that Honduras, for example, has a high rate of violence that people might be fleeing?
  • Options
    unsung said:
    my2hands said:

Wait for it, bro

lol

I posted an article a few days ago which also interviewed people, including families who were being extorted by protection rings and threatened with death if they didn’t pay up.

Do you dispute that Honduras, for example, has a high rate of violence that people might be fleeing?
    You have i point. I used poor language. I should have not used “anyone”. Fair point. From what I’ve read I’d say the majority are looking for better life meaning job/$. But you are right, I shouldn’t have said it the way I did.

hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Migrant caravan numbers have now swelled to 7,000.  yikes.  How do you process that many people?  Where do you put them?  How do you take care of that many at one time?
    We dealt with 50,000 people last month. I'm sure we can handle this. Also, Mexico estimates the number at around 3,700.

Caravan's have been coming for years. Main difference now is the president wants to scare up his racist base to the voting booths in 9 days. I suspect we'll hear a lot less about this after 11/ 6...

Gonna take them 4-5 weeks to walk across the entire country of Mexico. Relax. This is no crisis. Immigration in general has been on the decline for quite some time now. 
    Yeah but that is 1,666 a day over the whole border.  How do you safely process 7,000 in one place?
    I pointed out that difference too. This is unlike anything we face on a regular basis, I don't know why people pretend it is.
    And it could potentially grow before they arrive. And then we all know there will be complaints that there isn't enough clothes, food and shelter when they arrive, even though many are just claiming its just like any other day on the boarder. 
  • Options
    unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    You don't.  Let them stand there.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,608
    edited October 2018
    my2hands said:
    The only numbers I find about Hispanics in Canada is that only 1.5% of Canada is Latin American. No wonder they don't want to go there lol

Your food scene must be horrible... 1.5% lol
    It's also considerably colder than where they are from.  Now, I live in farm country and greenhouse country, we have plenty of Mexican migrant workers.  The Mexican government even has an office in the area.
    Hispanics just spent the last month painting the outside of my apartment building. They did a good job.
    FYI my2hands, that stat of yours doesn't include the many Latin Americans who come here to work. Only the permanent residents and citizens. 
    But it is true, our Latin American food scene isn't great in terms of numbers ... Although what we have tends to be amazing. Of course, our Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Indian, and Middle Eastern food scene is huge and to die for.
    Oh, and also, Canada has way smarter administrative systems when it comes to education and health care than America does, which is why illegal immigrants don't come flooding in. The way it's set up, you can't really access the health care system and education system when you're an illegal immigrant. I hear it's not really like that in the US. No wonder everyone wants to go there.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Would you allow undocumented immigrants access to healthcare and educational systems?

Shit, they can get a drivers license here 
  • Options
    Still, nobody can tell me what jobs the caravan people will do when they arrive.
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    my2hands said:
    Would you allow undocumented immigrants access to healthcare and educational systems?

Shit, they can get a drivers license here 
    No, you can't access our health care system without a health services card, and you can't enter a school without being documented either. And they certainly can't get a driver's license. You need official documentation to do stuff in Canada (that does include people in the process of applying for some level of legal status though). I don't know why Americans don't understand that people come to America because the US system makes it so much easier for them to do such things without being documented at all.
    And still there is an etimated 50,000 to 200,000 undocumented immigrants in Canada, because, of course, some people hire them and pay them under the table, and it's not that hard to find landlord willing to rent to people without credit checks and shit.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I think we do.  Our system is abused. 

That why I call out those that keep saying that the group is seeking asylum, no they are not, they are seeking American handouts.
  • Options
    unsung said:

That why I call out those that keep saying that the group is seeking asylum, no they are not, they are seeking American handouts.
    I guess you didn’t take responsibility for your education to understand what those 7 million unfilled jobs are made up. Still afraid, I see. 
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsung said:

Then why can undocumented immigrants get driver's licenses, access the health care system and send their children to school?

But yes, a very large number of those people are seeking asylum, but I came to the conclusion that you are devoid of empathy for refugees a long time ago, so it doesn't matter what you think about their circumstances.
  • Options
    unsung said:

I guess you didn’t take responsibility for your education to understand what those 7 million unfilled jobs are made up. Still afraid, I see. 
    I'm still waiting for you, in your words, to provide some examples of the jobs that will be done by people in this caravan.  Not a link.  Your words.  
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    unsung said:

I thought they were coming for all those high paying unskilled jobs to steal from 'muricans?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I'm still waiting for you, in your words, to provide some examples of the jobs that will be done by people in this caravan.  Not a link.  Your words.  
    I don’t want to be accused of being an elitist and I don’t want to spend my time educating you. Why don’t you explain what jobs the may not?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:

Then why can undocumented immigrants get driver's licenses, access the health care system and send their children to school?

But yes, a very large number of those people are seeking asylum, but I came to the conclusion that you are devoid of empathy for refugees a long time ago, so it doesn't matter what you think about their circumstances.
    A refugee exits his homeland and takes up safety in the first place that offers it, like Mexico has just done.  These aren't refugees anymore than what happened to Europe.  They aren't seeking refuge, they are seeking resources.

Maybe Treadeau has sent the planes down to Mexico though, I haven't watched much news the last few days.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,836
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

I don’t want to be accused of being an elitist and I don’t want to spend my time educating you. Why don’t you explain what jobs the may not?
    they'll work at a chain of Comet Pizzas. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    unsung said:
    unsung said:

Maybe they'll end up doping jobs like these two fellas? Your turn.

http://news.mit.edu/2018/mahdi-ramadan-alexi-choueiri-students-1026

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:

A refugee exits his homeland and takes up safety in the first place that offers it, like Mexico has just done.  These aren't refugees anymore than what happened to Europe.  They aren't seeking refuge, they are seeking resources.

Maybe Treadeau has sent the planes down to Mexico though, I haven't watched much news the last few days.
    Yeah, how dare they seek out a safe, stable place for their children. What a bunch of bastards.
  • Options
    Ugh, it isn't a turn until you stop avoiding the question.

Was is something so simple so hard for you to answer?
  • Options
    unsung said:
    Ugh, it isn't a turn until you stop avoiding the question.

Was is something so simple so hard for you to answer?
    What are you asking? Why they don't just stop in Mexico? Because Mexico is not a safe and stable place for them, by comparison. I thought I just said that. Also, it's really weird that you think seeking refuge doesn't involve seeking resources.