Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    edited October 2018
    America really isn't doing just fine. You will never convince me of that.

I have been to America countless times (I was just there once again in fact) - I definitely know what it's like! And I like it a lot for many reasons. It's just not doing fine IMO. Not at all. That doesn't mean I think it's worse than a 3rd world country or anything. For a first world nation, it's not doing fine.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    We all have different opinions on the issue of Immigration I believe most here would like to see our elected officials actually work on reform , maybe come up with a working solution but the bickering here is starting to take the focus off the real problem ! There’s still kids in captivity more to follow I’m sure ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    PJ_Soul said:

I have been to America countless times (I was just there once again in fact) - I definitely know what it's like! And I like it a lot for many reasons. It's just not doing fine IMO. Not at all. That doesn't mean I think it's worse than a 3rd world country or anything. For a first world nation, it's not doing fine.
    How is it not?
  • Options
    Speaking of American immigration... our friend Jose is a great example of the American dream... came here many years ago looking hoping for a better life... stayed... has a great family... grows his own lol... speaks out when he feels he should... he was here before Trump, will be here afterwards hopefully... he helps me believe in my country and what is beautiful about it
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,752
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:

How is it not?
    I figure I have probably thousands of posts here explaining why not. I just don't have the energy to write all those again!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Would you allow undocumented immigrants access to healthcare and educational systems?

Shit, they can get a drivers license here 
    No, you can't access our health care system without a health services card, and you can't enter a school without being documented either. And they certainly can't get a driver's license. You need official documentation to do stuff in Canada (that does include people in the process of applying for some level of legal status though). I don't know why Americans don't understand that people come to America because the US system makes it so much easier for them to do such things without being documented at all.
    And still there is an etimated 50,000 to 200,000 undocumented immigrants in Canada, because, of course, some people hire them and pay them under the table, and it's not that hard to find landlord willing to rent to people without credit checks and shit.
    And we get a bad name for how we treat undocumented immigrants? lol 

So if a family has a 10 year old child that chikd will not be able to go to school or access healthcare? 

Hillary got ROASTED in the 2008 primaries for hesitating whether she would support drivers licenses for undocumented workers... its become pretty obvious we are far more liberal and tolerant towards immigration than a lot of our western allies that like to do a lot of American shaming. Interesting.

I would say that people say that about America because they are treated like sub-humans by many Americans, and are subjected to amazing levels of racism and bigotry and anger, and the way the government acts when they do start proceedings against them, and the means they use to find them, is inhumane. 
    Stereotype much? Much of what you said right there is hyperbolic bullshit

If its so evil and bad here, why do they keep coming here? 

I live in a fairly populated county, with a diverse population, been here for 40 years and have seen an influx of hispanic immigrants, and ive never really seen anything close to what you are claiming. Are there issues, obviously, but to hear you tell it we have concentration camps set up. At least we lets kids go to school and go to the hospital lol

My county is approximately 58% white, 26% black, and 10% hispanic... and we seem to be doing just fine.... 

Pretty sure California has maybe 35% white population... 8th largest economy? Progressive controlled... 

Considering humans have  feared and not trusted those that dont look the same i think my country is doing pretty fucking good considering our diversity on such a large scale. Work still needs to be done, but the picture you paint just isnt accurate.  
    Are you denying that racism and inhumane treatment of migrants exists in America or what?? I'm not stereotyping. I didn't even mention a specific group, so how could I be? Surely you're aware of the terrible rhetoric being used against these migrants and other illegal immigrants by some people in the US, and by the current administration. And I know you're aware of the kids in cages, the ICE community raids, and the shady tactics used to arrest people for deportation. That is all the stuff I'm talking about. If you thought I meant every single American in the US is doing this or something, then I don't even know what to say.

And sorry, no, America doesn't seem to be "doing just fine." It is scary you think that, frankly. You seem to be in defensive mode here, turning what everyone says into black and white.

And dude, wow, you are fucking rough on here with everyone. Frankly, you seem like one of the angriest on the boards. It's a side of you that I've never seen before, and suddenly you are here with guns blazing. It's hard to know how to deal with it, lol.
    Dont have the time or patience to get into too many deep points or a discussion so I'll keep it brief, or try at least lol

Of course there are issues... everywhere has issues... and uf you arecas diverse as America you're definitely going to have issues of all sorts

Let me make this point very clear. Donald Trump and the last 19 months do not define America,  it doesnt even represent a majority. Of course im aware of recent issues and disagree with most of it. But immigration is a real issue down here, and people that want to address it arent all racists. Honestly it mostly comes down to services and money. As you've pointed out America is being taking advantage of by some. This is Unsungs point, he isnt racist, he just wishes it was like your country where immigration was done legitimately, and if not the country and taxpayers wont pay for your social benefits, so you cant be taken advantage of. Some will argue that these drastic measures recently taken had to be deployed to make a point to try and stop undocumented immigrants from coming. They see it simply as a broken system being taken advantage of and felt a shock was needed to send the message. Not that i agree, but i can at least wrap my gead around it and try to understand it isnt racism or xenophobia, as i recently would label it myself. 

And yes, America is doing just fine... some things could be improved, absolutely... but we will survive the current circus and move on to the next circus... as the great melting pot and beacon of hope for many... we have racists, and we have black presidents from a single parent home... we have xenophobes, and latina supreme court justices... we have sexists, and women getting 3 million more votes for POTUS... we have David Duke, and we have black female billionaires... we have Ted Nugent, we have Beyonce, and we have Pitbull.... we are a work in progress, but we are a beautiful work in progress.... the arc of history is long, but it bends towards justice

Screw Vancouver, I think someone should take you out for coffee in America, and show you what they don't on the news ;)

And im DEFINITELY not angry, at all.  I just like slapping my boy Watson around. He likely hates me, but I still love the TTT maniac lol
    From the Cato Institute, one Unsung should be able to get behind. Seems native born are the real problem when it comes to abusing the benefits. But Team Trump Treason doesn’t want to criticize his base. Illegals aren’t eligible for most benefits. But you know, invasion.

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/dont-blame-immigrants-bloated-welfare-state

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    There’s so many quotes on top of quotes I’m lost lol 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    Would you allow undocumented immigrants access to healthcare and educational systems?

No, you can't access our health care system without a health services card, and you can't enter a school without being documented either. And they certainly can't get a driver's license. You need official documentation to do stuff in Canada (that does include people in the process of applying for some level of legal status though). I don't know why Americans don't understand that people come to America because the US system makes it so much easier for them to do such things without being documented at all.
    And still there is an etimated 50,000 to 200,000 undocumented immigrants in Canada, because, of course, some people hire them and pay them under the table, and it's not that hard to find landlord willing to rent to people without credit checks and shit.

So if a family has a 10 year old child that chikd will not be able to go to school or access healthcare? 

Hillary got ROASTED in the 2008 primaries for hesitating whether she would support drivers licenses for undocumented workers... its become pretty obvious we are far more liberal and tolerant towards immigration than a lot of our western allies that like to do a lot of American shaming. Interesting.

I would say that people say that about America because they are treated like sub-humans by many Americans, and are subjected to amazing levels of racism and bigotry and anger, and the way the government acts when they do start proceedings against them, and the means they use to find them, is inhumane. 

I live in a fairly populated county, with a diverse population, been here for 40 years and have seen an influx of hispanic immigrants, and ive never really seen anything close to what you are claiming. Are there issues, obviously, but to hear you tell it we have concentration camps set up. At least we lets kids go to school and go to the hospital lol

My county is approximately 58% white, 26% black, and 10% hispanic... and we seem to be doing just fine.... 

Pretty sure California has maybe 35% white population... 8th largest economy? Progressive controlled... 

Considering humans have  feared and not trusted those that dont look the same i think my country is doing pretty fucking good considering our diversity on such a large scale. Work still needs to be done, but the picture you paint just isnt accurate.  
    Are you denying that racism and inhumane treatment of migrants exists in America or what?? I'm not stereotyping. I didn't even mention a specific group, so how could I be? Surely you're aware of the terrible rhetoric being used against these migrants and other illegal immigrants by some people in the US, and by the current administration. And I know you're aware of the kids in cages, the ICE community raids, and the shady tactics used to arrest people for deportation. That is all the stuff I'm talking about. If you thought I meant every single American in the US is doing this or something, then I don't even know what to say.

And sorry, no, America doesn't seem to be "doing just fine." It is scary you think that, frankly. You seem to be in defensive mode here, turning what everyone says into black and white.

And dude, wow, you are fucking rough on here with everyone. Frankly, you seem like one of the angriest on the boards. It's a side of you that I've never seen before, and suddenly you are here with guns blazing. It's hard to know how to deal with it, lol.
    Dont have the time or patience to get into too many deep points or a discussion so I'll keep it brief, or try at least lol

Of course there are issues... everywhere has issues... and uf you arecas diverse as America you're definitely going to have issues of all sorts

Let me make this point very clear. Donald Trump and the last 19 months do not define America,  it doesnt even represent a majority. Of course im aware of recent issues and disagree with most of it. But immigration is a real issue down here, and people that want to address it arent all racists. Honestly it mostly comes down to services and money. As you've pointed out America is being taking advantage of by some. This is Unsungs point, he isnt racist, he just wishes it was like your country where immigration was done legitimately, and if not the country and taxpayers wont pay for your social benefits, so you cant be taken advantage of. Some will argue that these drastic measures recently taken had to be deployed to make a point to try and stop undocumented immigrants from coming. They see it simply as a broken system being taken advantage of and felt a shock was needed to send the message. Not that i agree, but i can at least wrap my gead around it and try to understand it isnt racism or xenophobia, as i recently would label it myself. 

And yes, America is doing just fine... some things could be improved, absolutely... but we will survive the current circus and move on to the next circus... as the great melting pot and beacon of hope for many... we have racists, and we have black presidents from a single parent home... we have xenophobes, and latina supreme court justices... we have sexists, and women getting 3 million more votes for POTUS... we have David Duke, and we have black female billionaires... we have Ted Nugent, we have Beyonce, and we have Pitbull.... we are a work in progress, but we are a beautiful work in progress.... the arc of history is long, but it bends towards justice

Screw Vancouver, I think someone should take you out for coffee in America, and show you what they don't on the news ;)

And im DEFINITELY not angry, at all.  I just like slapping my boy Watson around. He likely hates me, but I still love the TTT maniac lol
    From the Cato Institute, one Unsung should be able to get behind. Seems native born are the real problem when it comes to abusing the benefits. But Team Trump Treason doesn’t want to criticize his base. Illegals aren’t eligible for most benefits. But you know, invasion.

https://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/dont-blame-immigrants-bloated-welfare-state

And im sure the response by most would be no problem, we dont want to pay for them either so boot them off social services, no sweat. Whats that tactic of deflection people say the right uses all the time??? Its slipping my mind??????? Ah, yes, whataboutism.

• Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

And im sure the response by most would be no problem, we dont want to pay for them either so boot them off social services, no sweat. Whats that tactic of deflection people say the right uses all the time??? Its slipping my mind??????? Ah, yes, whataboutism.

Maybe you meant scapegoating?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844
    unsung said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    unsung said:
    I think we do.  Our system is abused. 

That why I call out those that keep saying that the group is seeking asylum, no they are not, they are seeking American handouts.
    Then why can undocumented immigrants get driver's licenses, access the health care system and send their children to school?

But yes, a very large number of those people are seeking asylum, but I came to the conclusion that you are devoid of empathy for refugees a long time ago, so it doesn't matter what you think about their circumstances.
    A refugee exits his homeland and takes up safety in the first place that offers it, like Mexico has just done.  These aren't refugees anymore than what happened to Europe.  They aren't seeking refuge, they are seeking resources.

Maybe Treadeau has sent the planes down to Mexico though, I haven't watched much news the last few days.
    Mexico is not considered a Safe Third Country under law, but in addition to that, any reasonable person would not view Mexico as a safe option for refugees, given record high numbers of homicides. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

No, they will be allowed to go to school or access health care because their parents will be forced to enter the system one way or another. Also, it's not an anti-immigration tactic. It's simply a good administrative method for Canadians that doesn't happen to serve undocumented immigrants.
    I'm not too sure what your attitude is about lately, but suggesting that such a system is "treating undocumented immigrants badly" seems pretty off to me. I would say that people say that about America because they are treated like sub-humans by many Americans, and are subjected to amazing levels of racism and bigotry and anger, and the way the government acts when they do start proceedings against them, and the means they use to find them, is inhumane.
    Actually, any child in Canada, whether here legally or illegally, citizen or refugee, is eligible to go to school. Federal law prohibits schools from refusing to admit any child.

Health care is another issue. All refugee claimants automatically get free health care while awaiting adjudication of their claims. Illegal immigrants typically don't, because typically the claims would be adjudicated quickly; however, because we are also getting a lot of illegal immigrants (walking over from the US), adjudication is taking longer, so those without status are also currently get temporary coverage. This is for more routine coverage; no one gets refused emergency coverage.
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Yeah, that's a really valuable contribution, slapping people around.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,470
    Yeeup

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Perhaps one of the two, maybe three, actual real journalists on the ENITRE NETWORK

He is probably positioning for Megyn’s open seat so he can live the dream of getting sent home with $50M someday for giving a hot take on his favorite Thanksgiving dish. 
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,124
    Yeeup

Does twitter have an “are you sure” button when you tweet your reply?  Just a general question...
  • Options
    https://apple.news/AOzUozkjiQXSBDWMxLx8Cdw
    Let me get this straight Baffoon states that he will sign an EO and his advisors say the 14th amendment can be interpreted to match these times yet when talking about the 2nd A this can never be interpreted different...
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    my2hands said:

Yeah, that's a really valuable contribution, slapping people around.
    Oh. My. God.

Do you ever lighten up? Seriously *eye roll*
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590
    Let me get this straight Baffoon states that he will sign an EO and his advisors say the 14th amendment can be interpreted to match these times yet when talking about the 2nd A this can never be interpreted different...
    Do you really believe that the troll-in-chief came up with this?
    It comes from the disturbed mind of little eichmann(steven miller).

Unamerican unconstitutional 
  • Options
    Little Steven... and we aint talking bout the E Street Band lol
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,093
    Hahahahaha this is priceless! 

You 2 are too much!!!
    H2M has found his new JC
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:

How is it not?
    neo-nazi rallies excused by the PRESIDENT for just ONE. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:

How is it not?
    Everybody forgets that he did denounce them.  This always seems to elude people.
  • Options
    OK I've got an idea.

Let them all in.

Grant them asylum.

Assign them SS numbers.

Let them go to work.

Once you get everyone to be in the system you can actually see if they are a boom or bust to society.

If they fail to be good in society and not add to the community then deport them.

You'll have all sorts of facts and numbers in a years time.

Thoughts?

We should start seeing what goes on in these other countries that we may be able to help with and fix them so their people don't run away in droves?  Not a really popular idea considering our past?
  • Options
    Hahahahaha this is priceless! 

You 2 are too much!!!
    H2M has found his new JC
    Nah, there can only be one JC, as individual as a snowflake.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:

How is it not?
    Keep going... anything not Trump related?
  • Options
    Health care 
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    my2hands said:
    PJ_Soul said:

How is it not?
    Keep going... anything not Trump related?
    cops killing minorities. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    gun violence
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited October 2018
    We're fat, we shoot each other too much, and Donald Trump is our President 

Thats the low hanging fruit as i see it lol

What else we got?
  • Options
    Do you really believe that the troll-in-chief came up with this?
    It comes from the disturbed mind of little eichmann(steven miller).

Unamerican unconstitutional 
    Yeah that creep Miller he's a real vile peice of shit , and no i don't believe the baffoon at all ...