Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Misspelling is not uncommon for politicians, lol. From Dan Quayle spelling “potato” wrong to Obama not being able to spell “respect” 
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-botches-spelling-of-respect-while-lauding-aretha-franklin/
    ;)

It's not? You've provided two examples over the last 30 years. The current president misspells words on a daily basis. Sometimes multiple times per day and multiple misspellings in the same tweet. 

This your argument?
    Just another lame attempt at normalizing stupidity in the highest office in the land.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    Misspelling is not uncommon for politicians, lol. From Dan Quayle spelling “potato” wrong to Obama not being able to spell “respect” 
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-botches-spelling-of-respect-while-lauding-aretha-franklin/
    ;)

It's not? You've provided two examples over the last 30 years. The current president misspells words on a daily basis. Sometimes multiple times per day and multiple misspellings in the same tweet. 

This is your argument?
    Reading comprehension isn’t your strong point, is it?  That’s okay, it’s not for everyone.  I am not sure how you missed the “from” and “to” words...I’m not sure anyone holds Trump in high regards in the realm of English literature.  I definitely do not think Trump comes anywhere close to a great mind...but that being said, some of the greatest minds have been people that cannot spell worth a shit:
      http://mentalfloss.com/article/51224/11-historical-figures-who-were-really-bad-spelling
    Didn’t you mention something about beating a dead horse?  Have you asked yourself why you keep contributing to the beating?  “Thou dost protest too much, methinks”
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,300
    mace1229 said:
    People just don't seem to think these things through.

"Build the wall!"

"Where?"

"Along the border, of course!"

"You live along the border. Should we build it on your land?"

"Of course not! Build it on some other land that no one owns!"

"All of the land is owned by someone. Should the government expropriate your friends' or neighbours' land, then?"

"Ummmm....."
    It isn't always that simple, and in this case is far from that.
    The wall isn't going to be along the border the whole way, and in many cases is miles from the boarder.
    According to this article they are rumors they are considering building the wall on the north side of town, leaving the whole town on the Mexican side.
    I would complain too.

And there is plenty of land that is not owned by individuals, there is a whole lot that is BLM land
    Fuck her I hope the 1st post is right through her living room .,
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    mace1229 said:

"Build the wall!"

"Where?"

"All of the land is owned by someone. Should the government expropriate your friends' or neighbours' land, then?"

"Ummmm....."
    The wall isn't going to be along the border the whole way, and in many cases is miles from the boarder.
    According to this article they are rumors they are considering building the wall on the north side of town, leaving the whole town on the Mexican side.
    I would complain too.

And there is plenty of land that is not owned by individuals, there is a whole lot that is BLM land
    LOL
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    mace1229 said:

"Build the wall!"

"Where?"

"Ummmm....."
    I would complain too.

LOL
    I mean bro I’m not a evil person but if you’re totally uneducated on who you vote for I say own it , let the digging begin ..
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    mace1229 said:

"Build the wall!"

"Where?"

"Ummmm....."
    I would complain too.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:

"Build the wall!"

"Where?"

"Ummmm....."
    I would complain too.

Fucking love you man lol I hope it happens to all who voted for this piece of shit ...one day will meet you I know for sure ..
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,297
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    ;)

This is your argument?
    Reading comprehension isn’t your strong point, is it?  That’s okay, it’s not for everyone.  I am not sure how you missed the “from” and “to” words...I’m not sure anyone holds Trump in high regards in the realm of English literature.  I definitely do not think Trump comes anywhere close to a great mind...but that being said, some of the greatest minds have been people that cannot spell worth a shit:
      http://mentalfloss.com/article/51224/11-historical-figures-who-were-really-bad-spelling
    Didn’t you mention something about beating a dead horse?  Have you asked yourself why you keep contributing to the beating?  “Thou dost protest too much, methinks”
    You're missing the point. It's not necessarily that he cannot spell....it's that he couldn't care less to even proofread the information he decides to send out to the rest of the world on a daily basis. He is an embarrassment either way. 

A third grade teacher would not accept his tweets. 

Covfefe.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Great point...but how does that conflict with the study that I referenced?  Are you trying to say that Trump made you point out grammatical errors?  Just sounds like defending and whining to me.  Trump is an idiot, that is not new news...
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    Great point...but how does that conflict with the study that I referenced?  Are you trying to say that Trump made you point out grammatical errors?  Just sounds like defending and whining to me.  Trump is an idiot, that is not new news...
    Well what was the point of posting an article about great minds being bad spellers if you admit Trump is an idiot anyway?

All of this is moot except for the fact that you and Mace missed the irony of my post. 

Here's an article about it:
    https://www.fastcompany.com/3030622/why-youre-bad-at-understanding-irony

Why You’re Bad At Understanding Irony

The neuroscience of irony: It’s a lot more complicated than rain on your wedding day.

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:

"Build the wall!"

"Where?"

"Ummmm....."
    I would complain too.

Fucking love you man lol I hope it happens to all who voted for this piece of shit ...one day will meet you I know for sure ..
    Definitely! Still thinking about an Oregon move? I'll come visit.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    Well what was the point of posting an article about great minds being bad spellers if you admit Trump is an idiot anyway?

All of this is moot except for the fact that you and Mace missed the irony of my post. 
    Well I agree with that, this is all moot :). Carry on with your day.
  • Options
    jeffbr said:
    jeffbr said:
    mace1229 said:

"Build the wall!"

"Where?"

"Ummmm....."
    I would complain too.

Definitely! Still thinking about an Oregon move? I'll come visit.
    Yes it’s still on ,, like I said ... 
    https://apple.news/AT94VVylnQ2qGKHB3FZPPaQ
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    When someone is trying to come across as a real smarty pants, their point is stupid, and their post resembles something that might have been comprised by a four year old... it’s legit to point out their poor spelling and grammar when dismissing their spew..

Conplaining about people pointing out your weak grammar when you’re trying to come across as a real smarty pants is comical.

”Come on. Take me seriously. Who cares if I spelled border wrong and have not used a period or comma in my passage? I’m legit!”
    So does that mean that you are not legit for spelling “complaining” wrong, or am I an asshole for pointing it out? Lol. “Smarty-pants”... ;)

hahahahahaha

I knew I was taking a chance posting from my phone- my vision is bad and my thumbs fumble with the best of them!

Touche!
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    When someone is trying to come across as a real smarty pants, their point is stupid, and their post resembles something that might have been comprised by a four year old... it’s legit to point out their poor spelling and grammar when dismissing their spew..

Conplaining about people pointing out your weak grammar when you’re trying to come across as a real smarty pants is comical.

”Come on. Take me seriously. Who cares if I spelled border wrong and have not used a period or comma in my passage? I’m legit!”
    So does that mean that you are not legit for spelling “complaining” wrong, or am I an asshole for pointing it out? Lol. “Smarty-pants”... ;)

hahahahahaha

I knew I was taking a chance posting from my phone- my vision is bad and my thumbs fumble with the best of them!

Touche!
    Lol, it was too good of timing!  You’re alright Thirty :)
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,888
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

hahahahahaha

Touche!
    I hate to air private conversations but once thirty hit sixty some five years ago his vision went to shit.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:

hahahahahaha

Touche!
    I hate to air private conversations but once thirty hit sixty some five years ago his vision went to shit.  
    In all seriousness, my vision is going to shit.

It happened fast. I need glasses to read. Period. I’m more or less guessing on my phone. Fak.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Hey, he mentioned the Caravan. In case you didn't know, it was thwarted by ICE and border patrol.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

Thanks. I guess my point is useless since I misspelled 1 woard.
                                                                                                ^ that was a joke.
    Don’t worry, it had been scientifically proven that people that always point out grammatical or spelling errors are pretty much assholes, lol
    I’m not sure how you can scientifically prove this.

But I agree that stupid people spouting stupid things with words like ‘cat’ spelled wrong in their ramblings should be fully respected... and the error of their ways should just be left alone with opinion and delivery left untouched.
    Lol, while I tend to agree, anyone with half a brain usually understands what the context of the statement is and understands that even the greatest writers hire editors to find typos and grammatical errors.  It is a double edged sword.  Here is an article with links to the studies I referenced, lol:https://www.psychreg.org/grammar-nazis-losers/

And in the case of a Trump supporter misspelling the word the same incorrect way the president does on a daily basis, we're not allowed to point out that delicious irony, right?
    You are allowed to do what you please, just pointing out what studies have said on the subject of people that continuously point out grammar errors...Again, don’t shoot the messenger.
    how can you possibly have a scientific study that measures the assholiness of a person?
    It is more related to personality traits...read the article.
    If you are not going to read it and the linked studies, then I am not going to debate it.
    But you are right, “asshole” is open to interpretation, maybe I should have said that they “typically hold several negative personality traits”.
    I know someone is displaying negative personality traits here, and it ain't the one who humourously pointed out an ironic spelling error.
    And give me a grammar nazi over an idiot who can't be bothered to spell things properly any day please.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.
    Don’t worry, it had been scientifically proven that people that always point out grammatical or spelling errors are pretty much assholes, lol

But I agree that stupid people spouting stupid things with words like ‘cat’ spelled wrong in their ramblings should be fully respected... and the error of their ways should just be left alone with opinion and delivery left untouched.
    Lol, while I tend to agree, anyone with half a brain usually understands what the context of the statement is and understands that even the greatest writers hire editors to find typos and grammatical errors.  It is a double edged sword.  Here is an article with links to the studies I referenced, lol:https://www.psychreg.org/grammar-nazis-losers/

And in the case of a Trump supporter misspelling the word the same incorrect way the president does on a daily basis, we're not allowed to point out that delicious irony, right?
    You are allowed to do what you please, just pointing out what studies have said on the subject of people that continuously point out grammar errors...Again, don’t shoot the messenger.
    how can you possibly have a scientific study that measures the assholiness of a person?
    Is this scientific enough?

• Options
    Wow, an asshole metre sure would be an amazing invention. :how_interesting:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

So there is no difference between pointing out a spelling error and simply pointing out sweet, delicious irony? I say covfefe to that. 
    Well, for the record, you didn’t point out the irony of it until afterwards...
    I would be more concerned if you made a habit out of it.

Sir, if the irony is lost on folks, that's entirely on them. Should be obvious. 
    Well, many folks do not have a twitter account and do not spend their day underlining Trumps grammatical errors (he probably spells more things wrong than right if I were to guess).  So not “that” obvious.
    It came out more as a pathetic attack against Mace’s intelligence, if you are not aware of Trump’s constant misspellings of certain words.
    Oh come on! He talks and tweets about the "border" and spells it wrong on every day. You don't have to have twitter to know this. Fox News splatters his tweets across their programming all day long. 

Surprisingly (or not)  you and Mace are the only one's here who did not pick up on the irony....and you have killed this poor horse and beaten it to smithereens. I can't believe we're still talking about this. This poor animal.
    I had no idea he spelled it that way. So I found no irony in it.
    But to be honest, when a comment is just to point out one mistake and not responding to any of the context, it comes across to me as if you are trying to put that person down, minimize what they say over 1 typo and paint them as ignorant. And in the previous comment I wrote "border," so I have no idea what other purpose there would be to point out that I had a typo in the follow-up. I'm a terrible typer, and have a habit of combining letters when typing that I would never do when writing by hand. So I threw in an extra letter when rushing my response, I guess that makes my whole argument invalid.  
    Its probably pretty clear that I rarely, if ever, proof read any of these and just write something and move on. I have typos all the time, I write "don;t" more often than I write "don't". Who cares about 1 typo in a reply?
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    The Juggler's funny, lol.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

So there is no difference between pointing out a spelling error and simply pointing out sweet, delicious irony? I say covfefe to that. 

Well, many folks do not have a twitter account and do not spend their day underlining Trumps grammatical errors (he probably spells more things wrong than right if I were to guess).  So not “that” obvious.
    It came out more as a pathetic attack against Mace’s intelligence, if you are not aware of Trump’s constant misspellings of certain words.
    Oh come on! He talks and tweets about the "border" and spells it wrong on every day. You don't have to have twitter to know this. Fox News splatters his tweets across their programming all day long. 

Surprisingly (or not)  you and Mace are the only one's here who did not pick up on the irony....and you have killed this poor horse and beaten it to smithereens. I can't believe we're still talking about this. This poor animal.
    But to be honest, when a comment is just to point out one mistake and not responding to any of the context, it comes across to me as if you are trying to put that person down, minimize what they say over 1 typo and paint them as ignorant. And in the previous comment I wrote "border," so I have no idea what other purpose there would be to point out that I had a typo in the follow-up. I'm a terrible typer, and have a habit of combining letters when typing that I would never do when writing by hand. So I threw in an extra letter when rushing my response, I guess that makes my whole argument invalid.  
    Its probably pretty clear that I rarely, if ever, proof read any of these and just write something and move on. I have typos all the time, I write "don;t" more often than I write "don't". Who cares about 1 typo in a reply?
    There ya have it
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

It is more related to personality traits...read the article.
    If you are not going to read it and the linked studies, then I am not going to debate it.
    But you are right, “asshole” is open to interpretation, maybe I should have said that they “typically hold several negative personality traits”.
    I know someone is displaying negative personality traits here, and it ain't the one who humourously pointed out an ironic spelling error.
    And give me a grammar nazi over an idiot who can't be bothered to spell things properly any day please.
    Don’t be so hard on yourself ;)
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

Can you explain your spelling mistake in just a little more detail please? 
    Thank you.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    edited December 2018
  • Options
  • Options
    Wait until you see it, it will be a big beautiful hedge, the biggest and most beautiful...the hedge will be the greenest ever.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Trump supporters crowdfund millions of dollars for border wall
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/trump-supporters-crowdfund-millions-of-dollars-for-border-wall-1.4226088

Rival crowdfunding campaign looks to raise money for ladders to circumvent border wall
    https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/rival-crowdfunding-campaign-looks-to-raise-money-for-ladders-to-circumvent-border-wall-1.4228924?fbclid=IwAR2eBLEY5dp2n9H7JUIX_9qc3bN3NFcWt8KgcyO5yOKkiWzEufNvPTXZetE

They have only raised 10 million for the wall, so they are a few bucks short of Trump's goal...lol
    Post edited by Meltdown99 on
    Give Peas A Chance…