Options

Your opinion about Immigration.

Comments

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,842
    Anyone who isn’t bright enough to figure out that you can’t build a wall along the entire exact, legal border for a multitude of reasons like terrain, water supplies, and natural hazards gets what they deserve. Like I said, didn’t think it through. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Like I said, didn’t think it through. 
    I think you are describing most Trump voters.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,341

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

Thanks. I guess my point is useless since I misspelled 1 woard.
                                                                                                ^ that was a joke.
    Don’t worry, it had been scientifically proven that people that always point out grammatical or spelling errors are pretty much assholes, lol
    I’m not sure how you can scientifically prove this.

But I agree that stupid people spouting stupid things with words like ‘cat’ spelled wrong in their ramblings should be fully respected... and the error of their ways should just be left alone with opinion and delivery left untouched.
    Post edited by Thirty Bills Unpaid on
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.
    Don’t worry, it had been scientifically proven that people that always point out grammatical or spelling errors are pretty much assholes, lol

But I agree that stupid people spouting stupid things with words like ‘cat’ spelled wrong in their ramblings should be fully respected... and the error of their ways should just be left alone with opinion and delivery left untouched.
    Lol, while I tend to agree, anyone with half a brain usually understands what the context of the statement is and understands that even the greatest writers hire editors to find typos and grammatical errors.  It is a double edged sword.  Here is an article with links to the studies I referenced, lol:https://www.psychreg.org/grammar-nazis-losers/

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

Lol, while I tend to agree, anyone with half a brain usually understands what the context of the statement is and understands that even the greatest writers hire editors to find typos and grammatical errors.  It is a double edged sword.  Here is an article with links to the studies I referenced, lol:https://www.psychreg.org/grammar-nazis-losers/

A scientific study that begs the oh so serious question, "Are grammar Nazis losers?" Wow, just wow. That's your supporting proof. Very professional piece.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    tbergs said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

A scientific study that begs the oh so serious question, "Are grammar Nazis losers?" Wow, just wow. That's your supporting proof. Very professional piece.
    Lol, yet true in sooooooo many ways.  It does link to the actual studies, if you would have read.  Don’t shoot the messenger :)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

And in the case of a Trump supporter misspelling the word in the same exact way as Trump himself does on a daily basis, we're not allowed to point out that delicious irony, right?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

And in the case of a Trump supporter misspelling the word the same incorrect way the president does on a daily basis, we're not allowed to point out that delicious irony, right?
    You are allowed to do what you please, just pointing out what studies have said on the subject of people that continuously point out grammar errors...Again, don’t shoot the messenger.
    Post edited by PJPOWER on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

And in the case of a Trump supporter misspelling the word the same incorrect way the president does on a daily basis, we're not allowed to point out that delicious irony, right?
    You are allowed to do what you please, just pointing out what studies have said on the subject of people that continuously point out grammar errors...Again, don’t shoot the messenger.
    how can you possibly have a scientific study that measures the assholiness of a person?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

how can you possibly have a scientific study that measures the assholiness of a person?
    It is more related to personality traits...read the article.
    If you are not going to read it and the linked studies, then I am not going to debate it.
    But you are right, “asshole” is open to interpretation, maybe I should have said that they “typically hold several negative personality traits”.
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

If you are not going to read it and the linked studies, then I am not going to debate it.

I am sometimes wary of clicking links at work. I'll make sure to study up before I come to class next time. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

So there is no difference between pointing out a spelling error and simply pointing out sweet, delicious irony? I say covfefe to that. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

I am sometimes wary of clicking links at work. I'll make sure to study up before I come to class next time. 
    Or just google “Grammer Police study” and you will find some links that would probably fit your company’s internet policy:
    https://www.sciencealert.com/people-who-pick-up-grammar-mistakes-jerks-scientists-find
    https://www.businessinsider.com/people-who-correct-typos-may-be-jerks-study-finds-2016-3

• Options
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

So there is no difference between pointing out a spelling error and simply pointing out sweet, delicious irony? I say covfefe to that. 
    Well, for the record, you didn’t point out the irony of it until afterwards...
    I would be more concerned if you made a habit out of it, though, but I don’t really care enough to research your posting history...
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

I would be more concerned if you made a habit out of it.

Sir, if the irony is lost on folks, that's entirely on them. Should be obvious. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,121
    You know, anyone that needs a “study” to show them that people that constantly correct people spelling and grammar on messageboard are assholes is pretty stupid themselves. 

Now, if done from time to time it’s funny. And if if supporting an idiot and making the same misspelling is pointed out, that is just hilarious.

if you have any further questions or need a ruling in the future, just pm me
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

Well, many folks do not have a twitter account and do not spend their day underlining Trumps grammatical errors (he probably spells more things wrong than right if I were to guess).  So not “that” obvious.
    It came out more as a pathetic attack against Mace’s intelligence, if you are not aware of Trump’s constant misspellings of certain words.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    You know, anyone that needs a “study” to show them that people that constantly correct people spelling and grammar on messageboard are assholes is pretty stupid themselves. 

Now, if done from time to time it’s funny. And if if supporting an idiot and making the same misspelling is pointed out, that is just hilarious.

if you have any further questions or need a ruling in the future, just pm me
    I respect the court’s opinion on this matter, lol
  • Options
    Stupid is as stupid does. Just wait until Team Trump Treason supporters file their taxes in the coming months and the $1.8BB comes out of a litany of domestic programs they’re the prime beneficiaries of and then complain when the Wall still doesn’t get built because it’s unconstitutional and Mexico doesn’t pay for it. 2019 is going to be epic.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    When someone is trying to come across as a real smarty pants, their point is stupid, and their post resembles something that might have been comprised by a four year old... it’s legit to point out their poor spelling and grammar when dismissing their spew..

Conplaining about people pointing out your weak grammar when you’re trying to come across as a real smarty pants is comical.

”Come on. Take me seriously. Who cares if I spelled border wrong and have not used a period or comma in my passage? I’m legit!”
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

Well, many folks do not have a twitter account and do not spend their day underlining Trumps grammatical errors (he probably spells more things wrong than right if I were to guess).  So not “that” obvious.
    It came out more as a pathetic attack against Mace’s intelligence, if you are not aware of Trump’s constant misspellings of certain words.
    Oh come on! He talks and tweets about the "border" and spells it wrong on every day. You don't have to have twitter to know this. Fox News splatters his tweets across their programming all day long. 

Surprisingly (or not)  you and Mace are the only one's here who did not pick up on the irony....and you have killed this poor horse and beaten it to smithereens. I can't believe we're still talking about this. This poor animal.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

Oh come on! He talks and tweets about the "border" and spells it wrong on every day. You don't have to have twitter to know this. Fox News splatters his tweets across their programming all day long. 

Surprisingly (or not)  you and Mace are the only one's here who did not pick up on the irony....and you have killed this poor horse and beaten it to smithereens. I can't believe we're still talking about this. This poor animal.
    *ones

should be plural not possessive. 

HAHA, sorry dude. I couldn't resist. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

*ones
    Gawdang smartypants. Get the possessive/plurals right. Sheesh.

• Options
    Suckers. Seriously, how do you Team Trump Treason supporters continue to support the clown? Oh, yea, prison reform, right?

https://apple.news/AT94VVylnQ2qGKHB3FZPPaQ

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    PJPOWER said:
    mace1229 said:
    "BORDER"

^ that was a joke.

*ones

should be plural not possessive. 

HAHA, sorry dude. I couldn't resist. 
    haha....well done.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    When someone is trying to come across as a real smarty pants, their point is stupid, and their post resembles something that might have been comprised by a four year old... it’s legit to point out their poor spelling and grammar when dismissing their spew..

Conplaining about people pointing out your weak grammar when you’re trying to come across as a real smarty pants is comical.

”Come on. Take me seriously. Who cares if I spelled border wrong and have not used a period or comma in my passage? I’m legit!”
    So does that mean that you are not legit for spelling “complaining” wrong, or am I an asshole for pointing it out? Lol. “Smarty-pants”... ;)
  • Options
    Misspelling is not uncommon for politicians, lol. From Dan Quayle spelling “potato” wrong to Obama not being able to spell “respect” 
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-botches-spelling-of-respect-while-lauding-aretha-franklin/
    ;)

• Options
    edited December 2018
    PJPOWER said:
    Misspelling is not uncommon for politicians, lol. From Dan Quayle spelling “potato” wrong to Obama not being able to spell “respect” 
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/obama-botches-spelling-of-respect-while-lauding-aretha-franklin/
    ;)

It's not? You've provided two examples over the last 30 years. The current president misspells words on a daily basis. Sometimes multiple times per day and multiple misspellings in the same tweet. 

This is your argument?
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg