Options

*** Boston Fanviews Here 5/17/10 ***

Comments

• Options
    ConnieConnie Posts: 6
    Excellent show... My best friend and I had the great luck of running into Mike McCready out side a bar - Purple Shamrock before the show and had our picture taken with him....OMG....
    Had my picture taken with Mike McCready on 5/17/10 outside the Purple Shamrock, Boston, MA!
  • Options
    idreaminredidreaminred Posts: 314
    It wasn't my favorite show, but I was thrilled when he said that they played Crown of Thorns. I had mentioned to my friend, before the show, that I was hoping for it....wish granted!
  • Options
    SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    I wasn't at this show. I was at MSG 1 and 2 though. They were great shows no doubt. But this Boston set list is ridiculous. If I had a crystal ball, I would've traded traded MSG 2 for this show. Just sayin....
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    jimed14 wrote:
    From Black Sabbath this morning ... they posted this link.

Pearl Jam Pays Tribute to Ronnie James Dio

About the 5:40 mark of the video is when Heaven and Hell kicks in for about 15 seconds or so.
    I get goosebumps just hearing this... :mrgreen:;)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Sidnum wrote:
    I wasn't at this show. I was at MSG 1 and 2 though. They were great shows no doubt. But this Boston set list is ridiculous. If I had a crystal ball, I would've traded traded MSG 2 for this show. Just sayin....

This might be the best setlist at a show I have attended. There are some big contenders. What made Boston special though was how unexpected the whole thing was. Within 5 or 6 songs of the opener this weird vibe overcame the venue and I got the sense that we were seeing something special. Ed addressed the crowd sparsely when compared with many shows, but when he did he made it very clear that they were in the mood to make some magic. The Boston crowd wasn't the loudest I've been a part of, but it was respectful, adoring, and enthusiastic. The setlist was sick, the band's performances were tight and concise from the first note. Aside from a brief moment in Crown of Thorns, I can recall no glaring lyrical flubs. All in all, the show was close to perfect. It may be the best I've seen out of my now 34 Pearl Jam shows.

That being said, MSG II was marvelous and easily places in my top 10. I think that everyone has their own experiences of a show. Who you are with and where you are sitting can often be as much of a factor in things as what the band plays. But I have a feeling that once I get boots for my 3 shows (Boston and MSG 1 and 2) it's going to be the one from Boston that I come back to most often.
  • Options
    Sidnum wrote:

This might be the best setlist at a show I have attended. There are some big contenders. What made Boston special though was how unexpected the whole thing was. Within 5 or 6 songs of the opener this weird vibe overcame the venue and I got the sense that we were seeing something special. Ed addressed the crowd sparsely when compared with many shows, but when he did he made it very clear that they were in the mood to make some magic. The Boston crowd wasn't the loudest I've been a part of, but it was respectful, adoring, and enthusiastic. The setlist was sick, the band's performances were tight and concise from the first note. Aside from a brief moment in Crown of Thorns, I can recall no glaring lyrical flubs. All in all, the show was close to perfect. It may be the best I've seen out of my now 34 Pearl Jam shows.

That being said, MSG II was marvelous and easily places in my top 10. I think that everyone has their own experiences of a show. Who you are with and where you are sitting can often be as much of a factor in things as what the band plays. But I have a feeling that once I get boots for my 3 shows (Boston and MSG 1 and 2) it's going to be the one from Boston that I come back to most often.

Is this Boston show in your top 10 as well? MSG II was my 29th. I'd put it in my top 5. I have a really good feeling that if I did make it to Boston, I'd put it in my top 3. Damn I wish I could've made it, but in the same breath, I'm very fortunate to have made it to 7 shows this tour! I'll definitely be getting this boot.
  • Options
    Sidnum wrote:

Is this Boston show in your top 10 as well? MSG II was my 29th. I'd put it in my top 5. I have a really good feeling that if I did make it to Boston, I'd put it in my top 3. Damn I wish I could've made it, but in the same breath, I'm very fortunate to have made it to 7 shows this tour! I'll definitely be getting this boot.

As I said above, it may be the best I've seen. It's definitely in my (unranked) top 3 at the very least. A very special show.
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    8-) WOOOO :shock: OOOOW WHAT A SHOW! This is epic. I am so glad I was there. Amazing setlist. Energy super-high. The best show ever. Blew MSG away.. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN!!! KEEP ON ROCKIN' :D
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    Sidnum wrote:

same boat.

release, pilate, undone, red mosquito, rival, smile.
  • Options
    Sidnum wrote:

same boat.

release, pilate, undone, red mosquito, rival, smile.

Plus...
    In My Tree, Sad, Soldier of Love, and Crown of Thorns. Arghhhh. haha. Oh well, until next time.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,450
    Sidnum wrote:

I too, wasn't at this show. I was at the MSG 1 & MSG 2, and i wish we had this set list. I"m also with you, in that i would've traded MSG 2 for this show too. I wanted to see this Boston show, but it being on a Monday night i couldn't swing it. Oh well, i" ll have to listen to the boot.

For what its worth: those MSG shows don't crack my top 5.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I was wondering if this boot will be a 3 CD set or 2? I know they played longer than normal but with cutting out the encore breaks on the CD will it still break 2 discs?
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    elsels Posts: 11
    I'm still smiling from the Boston show ... THANK YOU PJ for bringing it all that night and playing such a great set of songs!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for the boot!!
  • Options
    LCLC North Andover, MA Posts: 260
    This show is at the top of my list for the 18 I've seen.

Ottawa - 05 is #2.
    8-29-00 Mansfield, 6-29-03 Montreal, 7-2-03 Mansfield, 7-3-03 Mansfield, 7-11-03, Mansfield, 9-28-04 Boston, 9-29-04 Boston, 10-8-04 Kissimmee, 9-15-05 Montreal, 9-16-05 Ottawa, 5-12-06 Albany, 5-13-06 Hartford, 5-24-06 Boston, 5-25-06 Boston, 6-28-08, Mansfield, 6-30-08 Mansfield, 5-15-10 Hartford, 5-17-10 Boston, 7-19-13 Chicago, 10-15-13 Worcester, 5-2-16 New York City, 8-5-16 Boston, 8-7-16 Boston
    EV- 2008, 2011 Boston
  • Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I wish I could go back to the 17th.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    Any pics. from this show? ;):mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Big Thanks to Pearl Jam for playing Release!!! Love You Guys!!! 10010412.gif

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    Having done the last 6 shows of the tour (Bristow thru MSG II)...I would say this was the best of what I saw with MSG II a close but still 2nd 8-)
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    Danimal wrote:
    I wish I could go back to the 17th.

i was sitting on a beach 3 days ago just thinking about that night... good times
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    :thumbup:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Ok, I was in the back but did Theo Epstein come out in disguise and jam a song with the mates???
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    Connie wrote:
    Excellent show... My best friend and I had the great luck of running into Mike McCready out side a bar - Purple Shamrock before the show and had our picture taken with him....OMG....

OMG!

I hate you!

:mrgreen:
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Sidnum wrote:

:D
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    McNairn wrote:
    I hate to say it but that was the best of all shows.
    I came from Ontario for the show.
    It was unbelievable from start to finish and you knew from the first second that it was going to rock.
    why> because of the crowd. The entire stadium was electrified like it was everyone's last night on earth.
    It was my 11th show including Philidelphia night 3 and Hartford two years ago which were my prior favourites.
    but this was the best hands down no question
    and it was only the best because the crowd was the best
    The band responded - after a few songs Eddie mentioned that they were going to have to kick it up a notch to match the crowds energy - so they could be worthy of the response they were getting.
    I have seen "just breathe" live a few times but the response to that song in Boston was INCREDIBLE. It was like it was a timeless classic that everyone had been waiting for. If people freaked out for Just Breathe imagine what it was like for Red Mosquito, State of Love and Trust, Pilate, Push me Pull me (an absolutely spot on version - way better than the album verison), Crown of thorns,
    for an 11th show to hear 8 songs I haven't heard - too much.
    Thank you Boston and Bostonians for being so amazing.
    Thank you ten club for giving the fans a chance to see the best band in history up close and repeatedly
    Thank you Pearl Jam for giving every ounce possible to the music.
    get this boot.

we're wicked into Pearl Jam in Boston..
    ;)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Cow Man wrote:
    Great show! I would like to thank everyone for the great time! I am happy to see my photo up in the gallery too!

dude.. you almost made it up on stage AGAIN!..

what happened? did the band or security wave you off?

we were routing for you!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    The Cow Has Been Spotted!! LOL what a rockin' show. Almost 2 weeks after and I'm still reelin'. Hands down the best show EVER!!!! 8-)

Just one question though......why not dress like a cowboy why a cow!? ;)
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    morgie2morgie2 Posts: 1,065
    Any pics. from this show? ;):mrgreen:

got a few, but I can't figure out how to post them on here!!!!! Help!!!!!!!!!
    Boston II 94 Boston II 06 Mansfield I 08 Mansfield II 08 Seattle I 09 Seattle II 09
    Hartford 10 Boston 10 Wrigley 13 Worcester I 13 Worcester II 13 Hartford 13
    NYC I 16 NYC II 16 Fenway I 16 Fenway II 16  Fenway 1 18  Fenway II 18
    E.V. Boston II 08 E.V. Albany II 09 E.V. Providence 11, E.V. Boston 11
    Troubled Souls Unite
  • Options
    bchagnonbchagnon Posts: 164
    There are no words to describe this show. Possibly "Epic"... but I'm not sure even that captures what happened that night. To start, I picked up my tickets only to find out we had won the 10C lottery, ended up with 10th row, center stage. If that wasn't a great sign of what was to come, then I don't know what is. They played some great songs, and threw in more than a few rarities (C'Mon, was I the only one that thought 'Push Me, Pull Me' was awesome?) Being my 23rd show, I have a lot of experiences to live up to. I was at all 3 Mansfield shows in 2003, the last containing a 12 song acoustic set prior to the opening band. I felt that was epic at the time, and this show blew that outta the water.

And this was a very personal show for me too. My wife Katherine passed away in 2007, at the young age of 25, leaving me with our 7 month old daughter. Katherine's favorite song has always been 'Given To Fly'. To hear that song, followed immediately by 'Sad' sent chills down my spine. I felt like Katherine was there at the show with me. I felt like she was the reason I had the tickets that I had. It was a moment I have not had in a long time, one of feeling like there are still good things that can happen. I know this was only a concert, but for me it felt like so much more.

Pearl Jam has been helping me through a lot in the last 3 years, and this tops the list. Thanks Mike, Stone, Ed, Jeff, Matt, and of course Boom. I don't think I would be here right now if weren't for you guys. Love ya!

Peace!

Brian
    Pittsfield, MA

"Leave it to me as I find a way to be.
    Consider me a satellite forever orbiting.
    I knew all the rules but the rules did not know me.
    Guaranteed."
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    bchagnon wrote:
    There are no words to describe this show. Possibly "Epic"... but I'm not sure even that captures what happened that night. To start, I picked up my tickets only to find out we had won the 10C lottery, ended up with 10th row, center stage. If that wasn't a great sign of what was to come, then I don't know what is. They played some great songs, and threw in more than a few rarities (C'Mon, was I the only one that thought 'Push Me, Pull Me' was awesome?) Being my 23rd show, I have a lot of experiences to live up to. I was at all 3 Mansfield shows in 2003, the last containing a 12 song acoustic set prior to the opening band. I felt that was epic at the time, and this show blew that outta the water.

And this was a very personal show for me too. My wife Katherine passed away in 2007, at the young age of 25, leaving me with our 7 month old daughter. Katherine's favorite song has always been 'Given To Fly'. To hear that song, followed immediately by 'Sad' sent chills down my spine. I felt like Katherine was there at the show with me. I felt like she was the reason I had the tickets that I had. It was a moment I have not had in a long time, one of feeling like there are still good things that can happen. I know this was only a concert, but for me it felt like so much more.

Pearl Jam has been helping me through a lot in the last 3 years, and this tops the list. Thanks Mike, Stone, Ed, Jeff, Matt, and of course Boom. I don't think I would be here right now if weren't for you guys. Love ya!

Peace!

Brian
    Pittsfield, MA

Wow, Brian _ I am so glad you've drawn so much comfort from this show. It really is as though Katherine was right there with you, enjoying every minute from those great seats. Good things can happen _ and someday you'll be there with your daughter beside you.

Very best to you and yours...
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    bchagnon wrote:

I know this was only a concert, but for me it felt like so much more.

I agree. This was one of those times when the whole was so much more than the sum of the parts. So glad you were front and center to experience the magic. You deserved it.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.