Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    Wobbie said:
    My halos had a mini hot streak that fizzled pretty damn quick.

They are now on the other end of a losing streak.  Losing by 1 most nights...

Ohtani has cooled off.  He needs to find a rhythm again and Trout should be back soon.

And yes I am still delusional that they can make the playoffs.
    they have about as much chance at the playoffs as mike stanton has at getting 20 HRs this month.
    I think Mike actually has the better chance.

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,442
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Ohtani has cooled off.  He needs to find a rhythm again and Trout should be back soon.

they have about as much chance at the playoffs as mike stanton has at getting 20 HRs this month.

Boooooo!
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    cutz said:
    Looked like Ramirez got a lucky punch that nailed Anderson?
    Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,554
    Poncier said:
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 127 8/9:
    Rarity: 352
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    You missed the same one I did.
    Rarity: 257
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    I missed the same one

SUMMARY
    IMMACULATE GRID 127
    RARITY SCORE
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,807
    edited August 2023
    cutz said:
    Looked like Ramirez got a lucky punch that nailed Anderson?
    It could look like that....or that Timmy squared up like a bad ass and then flailed a few times, like something significantly less, leaving himself wide open for getting what he deserved.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,807
    cutz said:
    Poncier said:
    Rarity: 352
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    You missed the same one I did.
    Rarity: 257
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    I missed the same one

SUMMARY
    IMMACULATE GRID 127
    RARITY SCORE
    Who in hell played for those 2 teams?  Went for one of the Nomad guys as a guess, and was wrong.
    Rarity: 357
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:

• Options
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Boooooo!
    Fine outing by Charlie Sheen last night.
    7 losses in a row.
    8 games out of the 3rd wild card with 3 other teams ahead of them to boot.
    Fork is in them. They should have sold not bought at the deadline.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,629
    @Baseballfan77

Today

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 128 7/9:
    Rarity: 328
    🟩🟩⬜️
    🟩⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,757
    I didn't see it but I've seen plenty of really bad umpiring this year, seems like more than in past years. Maybe it has to do with them having to monitor the pitch clock and their eyes can only be in so many places. Either way it's going to bring on robot umpires in some form sooner than later.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 128 9/9:
    Rarity: 146
    IMMACULATE!
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
    @immaculategrid x @baseball_ref
    I’m surprised so many people knew whom a rangers player w 200Ks was,  Besides NR I was surprised!
  • Options
    I've only picked pitchers for all squares and have 1 left I am struggling to finish.
    Keep thinking on it.  If I hadn't been stuck on all pitcher selections I would have had it....the guy I want to use in the open space left was used elsewhere.  Lol.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,670
    I've only picked pitchers for all squares and have 1 left I am struggling to finish.
    Keep thinking on it.  If I hadn't been stuck on all pitcher selections I would have had it....the guy I want to use in the open space left was used elsewhere.  Lol.

get a life.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I'm embarassed

And I missed 5 !!

SUMMARY
    IMMACULATE GRID 128
    RARITY SCORE
  • Options
    cutz said:
    I'm embarassed

And I missed 5 !!

SUMMARY
    IMMACULATE GRID 128
    RARITY SCORE
    I thought it was +100 for every miss?  You must have been better than to miss 5 if you scored a 479.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

get a life.
    I would think a baseball fan like yourself would like this game.  Is it because you need to use technology?
  • Options
    Finally took a guess and was wrong.
    Tigers / 200k.  The only great tigers pitchers I could come up with I foolishly guessed in the other 2 spots.
    This game is fun, wob.

⚾️ Immaculate Grid 128 8/9:
    Rarity: 284
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩🟩⬜️
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,670
    Wobbie said:

get a life.
    I would think a baseball fan like yourself would like this game.  Is it because you need to use technology?
    pretty sure I’d crush it.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    OF THE 8 SPOTS WHERE the player could be wearing the hat of the team I only have 2 guys doing the correct team.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    I'm embarassed

And I missed 5 !!

SUMMARY
    IMMACULATE GRID 128
    RARITY SCORE
    I thought it was +100 for every miss?  You must have been better than to miss 5 if you scored a 479.
    I was wrong as I missed 4. Still, I did real BAD !

I didn't know it was +100 for every miss.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    cutz said:
    I'm embarassed

And I missed 5 !!

SUMMARY
    IMMACULATE GRID 128
    RARITY SCORE
    I was wrong as I missed 4. Still, I did real BAD !

I didn't know it was +100 for every miss.
    Eh.  I get around 7 on average, and I usually have to revisit 3-4 times (when I remember) throughout the day.  
    As most of us commented....when we were young this would have been much easier.  (Memory was like a steel trap!)  
    I also strictly do not ask others for input or look any teams/players/stats up before entering guesses.
    Raw scores.  ;)  don't spend too much time thinking about, either.  Don't have too much time to spare.
    So, I don't see 6 as BAD.  

• Options
    Twins Rookie of the Year was unreasonably difficult. I cheated so I won't post my score.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 129 7/9:
    Rarity: 407
    🟩🟩🟩
    ⬜️⬜️🟩
    🟩🟩🟩
    Play at:

I KNEW ALL OF THE BIG ANSWERS TODAY AND MISSED THE TWO RANDOM TEAM QUESTIONS.   Looking at the answers for Twins Pirates I recognized 1 name…
  • Options
    Do you guys think Rich Hill can remember all the teams he pitched for?

• Options
    Dick Mountain is a great nickname.
  • Options
    Another bad one for me(I got frustraded on the Twins ROY that I kept on guessing about 4 times in a row and missed everyone. I SHOULD'VE know one who was a HIRer too)

SUMMARY
    IMMACULATE GRID 129
    RARITY SCORE
  • Options
    Phillies.  No hitter?  Anyone?  124 pitches.  Years ago that was nothing.  Todays game?  Wow.
  • Options
    Phillies.  No hitter?  Anyone?  124 pitches.  Years ago that was nothing.  Todays game?  Wow.
    It was funny - I couldn't remember the guy's name, even after he pitched 8 innings at Miami. Then I was like - it's the South St. pizza place with obnoxiously oversized slices (Lorenzo's) plus an "n" and I've been good ever since. Anyway he was really struggling in the 1st inning but he got out of it and had a lot of pitches. Then the bats went off in the bottom of the 1st. The whole time watching the Nationals still have zero hits it's like, Lorenzen has way too many pitches, Topper is definitely gonna take him out, this sucks. Then he's already at 100 and he goes out for the 8th, looks like he might get a shot at it. And Rojas the CF looks like friggin Willie Mays out there, catching everything in a 3 mile radius. Then Dylan Covey is warming up in the bullpen - this has to be some joke. So Mike comes out for the 9th and finishes it off.

This was after Tombstone Sheriff Westin Wilson blasted a homer in his first major league at bat. And Castellanos hit his 200th homer. And Trea Turner has a 6 game hitting streak since his "undeserved" standing ovations. Philly Philly!

• Options
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 130 6/9:
    Rarity: 416
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜️🟩
    ⬜️⬜️🟩
    Play at:

Started out like a house afire then hit the wall and was just drawing blanks.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    ⚾️ Immaculate Grid 130 6/9:
    Rarity: 416
    🟩🟩🟩
    🟩⬜️🟩
    ⬜️⬜️🟩
    Play at:

Started out like a house afire then hit the wall and was just drawing blanks.
    I started a thread for these now too.  Figured they deserve their own.