Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,618
    edited October 2022
    McCarver would invent some little quirk that was happening.... like the catcher holding out his pinky or something, get some meaning for it, and yammer on loudly about it for like 3 innings.  It was terrible.  But at this point if I heard him, I would feel nostalgia.

I was stuck in a car for a Yankees/Cleveland game and had to listen to John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman.  That had to be the worst broadcast I have ever heard.  No idea what was going on.  No atmosphere.  They werent describing the action at all.  Karinchak walked the 1st batter on 4 pitches and they PR Locastro.  Waldman invented some sort of narrative that Locastro on base was rattling Karinchak and he was all over the place.  Rattled by it.  Every pitch, both announcers were giddy that this pitcher was rattled and the Yankees would get go ahead runs because of it.  All they were talking about every pitch was how he was rattled.  Annoying and Im sure nobody else in the ballpark was thinking the same thing.  It was a totally invented drama (Yankees didnt score).  

Post edited by MayDay10 on
  • Options
    I never really minded McCarver, but here's his funniest moment by far.....

https://youtu.be/tv_v7V22JrM
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,427
    MayDay10 said:
    McCarver would invent some little quirk that was happening.... like the catcher holding out his pinky or something, get some meaning for it, and yammer on loudly about it for like 3 innings.  It was terrible.  But at this point if I heard him, I would feel nostalgia.

I was stuck in a car for a Yankees/Cleveland game and had to listen to John Sterling and Suzyn Waldman.  That had to be the worst broadcast I have ever heard.  No idea what was going on.  No atmosphere.  They werent describing the action at all.  Karinchak walked the 1st batter on 4 pitches and they PR Locastro.  Waldman invented some sort of narrative that Locastro on base was rattling Karinchak and he was all over the place.  Rattled by it.  Every pitch, both announcers were giddy that this pitcher was rattled and the Yankees would get go ahead runs because of it.  It was a totally invented drama (Yankees didnt score).

I agree they are both terrible! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,403
    I am absolutely worthless at the office today. I think I may take the afternoon off.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    I am absolutely worthless at the office today. I think I may take the afternoon off.
    I’ve been worthless for the last 9 days with COVID! You work hard do it get yourself ready for the game tonight 
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    I’ve been worthless for the last 9 days with COVID! You work hard do it get yourself ready for the game tonight 
    Oh man, sorry. Hope you start to feel better soon!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I’m turning the corner thanks! It should be a fun WS to watch good luck to your team.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I’m turning the corner thanks! It should be a fun WS to watch good luck to your team.
    Thanks, man!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    mfc2006 said:
    PJ1973 said:
    I like Costas too. Liked McCarver back in the day. New guys all talk too much but 
    no one stands out to me the way they used to. 
    They were two of the biggest talkers, especially Costas.
    Yeah McCarver never shut up and said the same tired yarns over and over.
    Fact.
    Yes it is. I use to call him MouthCarver
  • Options
    PJ1973PJ1973 Winston-Salem, NC Posts: 407
    MayDay10 said:

That's probably more the truth. I probably complained about him all the time twenty years ago or whenever he used to call games.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,724
    McCarver droned for over an hour about Cole Hamels' perfectly legal pickoff throw and whether or not it was a balk. He's the worst.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    LFG!!!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,826

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,652

The most northeast of all northeast haircuts 
  • Options
    That was a tough one last night. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,278

that is awesome. love the smirk. 
  • Options
    Good win. Astros had to win that one. Looking forward to game 3!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I got a ban on FB for commenting about this, lol.

Nobody seems to give a shit that Pujols used this bat.  Oh well.
  • Options

The most northeast of all northeast haircuts 
    Mullets and the Boz haircuts are back in style.  This is not limited to the NE!
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,540
    igotid88 said:

Because he didn't break any rule?

Calling for rain
  • Options
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:

Calling for rain
    I can see people say that it is an uneven playing field being grandfathered in like that.
  • Options
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:

Calling for rain
    I can see people say that it is an uneven playing field being grandfathered in like that.
    MLB said it was a safety issue with the bat not a competitive advantage issue.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    cutz said:
    igotid88 said:

Calling for rain
    MLB said it was a safety issue with the bat not a competitive advantage issue.
    Ahhh, this is the splinter bat.  I didn't see one damn article that said that.  TY.  Shitty reporting as usual.  I had to sift through a bunch of articles to finally explain this.

Thanks.

I remember when the bats were shattering and MLB changed that.  This is also why they preferred ash bats but that damn beetle ate all the ash trees.
  • Options
    I am worthless at the office today & just realized that we're going to a concert on Thursday. DAMN IT.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,423
    Hard to imagine a more successful uniform redesign than the White Sox moving to silver & black in the 90s. We were in Chicago in 2010 and they still had a giant "2005 World Champions" banner on their stadium to troll the Cubs fans.
    Trust me, we are never actually trolled by White Sox fans. They may think that, we certainly don't. :lol:
  • Options
    ToO mAnY HoMe RuNs
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,125
    130th instance of allowing five homers for a pitcher but first in a postseason game.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    ToO mAnY HoMe RuNs
    Jealous?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Not a jealous kinda guy, but of course I'd love to see the Yankees doing this.  Enjoying it though.

And the comment was for the numbskulls who say home runs don't work in the playoffs