Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945
    Wobbie said:
    hope I’m wrong, but I think this stupid five day layoff can only hurt the Phillies’ hot bats and help houston’s hot arms.
    They probably should have started the World Series on Wednesday. 
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,798
    Nah this is perfect. MLB should always start on a Friday so you skip any chance of the NFL eating up ratings. Especially so if you're an Eagles fan.  =)
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I like Costas and Buck
    Of course you do...

I like McCarver more than those two toolbags.

:lol:

If I had to choose between one of them I would take Buck.
    I grew up listening to McCarver and hated him w the mets but enjoyed him somewhat better when he went National.  I used to love when Kiner would get a little sauced and argue with McCarver.  The distain that McCarver had for Kiner was great, lol!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    I don't mind the break between the CS and WS. I don't think this will be a short series - whether there was a long break or not. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,489
    I like Joe Buck - don't know why everyone hates him. Bob Costas is so annoying. Joe Davis as I said has done well and really nailed the Harper homer.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Big fan of Joe Buck as well. Definitely better at football though, and I'll take Joe D over Joe B.

In other news - Houston: EAD.
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Every time we talk Joe Buck I refer to Brockmire.  He was awesome on that show and appears to take himself far less seriously than I thought

I hate Aikman, so Buck the better half of that team

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Joe Buck doing golf sealed it for me.  He went on and on about Mickleson and his tap putt in a tourney and he lost it.  That tirade he did galvanized my disdain of him.
  • Options
    It's fuckin golf who gives a shit. I don't think there's any other sport that I'd rather hear the announcer talk more.
  • Options
    It's fuckin golf who gives a shit. I don't think there's any other sport that I'd rather hear the announcer talk more.
    You like Buck so you aren't going to get it.  And you don't get golf...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Joe Buck doing golf sealed it for me.  He went on and on about Mickleson and his tap putt in a tourney and he lost it.  That tirade he did galvanized my disdain of him.
    When he hit the rolling ball?!?! He should have been DQ'd. I don't remember what Buck said, but he was probably right.

Also, Buck is good.

McCarver is not.

Costas sucks. Pretty sure he is not aware that baseball after the year 2000 exists.
  • Options
    Yes, that's the issue for sure.

When he hit the rolling ball?!?! He should have been DQ'd. I don't remember what Buck said, but he was probably right.

Also, Buck is good.

McCarver is not.

Costas sucks. Pretty sure he is not aware that baseball after the year 2000 exists.
    I liked Costas and McCarver for no other reason than they reminded me of being a kid. At some point you realize they both suck - one for jerking himself off to the same nostalgia at like 70 years old and believing their own bullshit (Costas) and the other for being a windbag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xdTYVxzEwI
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,643
    Ha.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Yes, that's the issue for sure.

Also, Buck is good.

McCarver is not.

I liked Costas and McCarver for no other reason than they reminded me of being a kid. At some point you realize they both suck - one for jerking himself off to the same nostalgia at like 70 years old and believing their own bullshit (Costas) and the other for being a windbag.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xdTYVxzEwI
    lol, I'm busting your balls, it's ok if you don't get golf.  See I did it again.

McCarver I do think is bad too, Joe Morgan was another one I didn't get.  He wasn't good either.
  • Options

Also, Buck is good.

McCarver is not.

Oh I know he should have but to see him go off about it when the pro announcers weren't that up in arms was funny.
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    edited October 2022
    Listening to Buck last night only makes me wish he was calling the World Series more. Joe Davis is the definition of blah to me....although his Harper call was really good. I will give him that. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Anybody remember Mel Allen?
  • Options
    Listening to Buck last night only makes me wish he was calling the World Series more. Joe Davis is the definition of blah to me....although his Harper call was really good. I will give him that. 
    You don't think Buck and Aikman sound and delivery is alike?  
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The fact that This Week in Baseball is not on television anywhere is a travesty. One of the greatest sports intro songs of all time too. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Buck and Davis, you mean? I do think they are similar...which is all the more reason why Davis is blah. He's like a generic knock off version of Buck, without Buck's wit. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The fact that This Week in Baseball is not on television anywhere is a travesty. One of the greatest sports intro songs of all time too. 
    I wish they would do a weekly highlights again.  I think it would get people to appreciate players more.

• Options
    Buck and Davis, you mean? I do think they are similar...which is all the more reason why Davis is blah. He's like a generic knock off version of Buck, without Buck's wit. 
    I do not agree with that - I think Davis matches Buck on silence, letting the moment breath, not talking too much, etc etc. But I think he actually lends emotion to his calls, as oppose to Buck who can turn the volume up but it's the same tone. What makes Buck good is the wry wit and deadpan humor, though.
  • Options
    No, I think Aikman and Bucks voices sound alike.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385

LOL

TWIB was awesome
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

LOL

TWIB was awesome
    TWIB notes!
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:

LOL

TWIB was awesome
    Every Sunday around noon in the Philly area....right before the Phils pregame show, if I'm not mistaken. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    The layoff is dumb. Why make a big fuss about playing 5 games in 5 days in the LCS or whatever it was and all this talk about rushing the postseason to get all the games in....

Then they take a week off?!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,419
    Also, I was at the first Phillies game this year after they fired Girardi.  Phillies won. I feel like I played some small superstitious part in this.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945
    mfc2006 said:

LOL

TWIB was awesome
    Every Sunday around noon in the Philly area....right before the Phils pregame show, if I'm not mistaken. 

and The Baseball Bunch! :smiley:
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    The layoff is dumb. Why make a big fuss about playing 5 games in 5 days in the LCS or whatever it was and all this talk about rushing the postseason to get all the games in....

Then they take a week off?!
    They have to account for if the LCS' go 7 games though.
    chinese-happy.jpg