Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    mcgruff10 said:
    g under p said:
    Never in professional sports has teams in a 7 game series won ALL the road games. The Nationals have a chance to do that tonight.

It's never happened in the NBA, or the NHL.

I cant wait for spring training whe the Nats and Astros play each other twice. The park is just a short walk from my house.

Peace
    Are they cactus or Grapefruit League?
    Grapefruit
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,334
    I don’t know how to imbed twitter stuff here but the best part of Martinez’s ejection was that it occurred exactly during Take Me Out to the Ballgame. So funny watching this dude lose his shit while hearing the whole park sing in unison. Somebody please post it....and then explain to me how to do the same. Thanks!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,605
    That call was horrendous. 

Is verlander a fraud? I think he may be. 0-6 in the World Series. 4 losses in this years playoffs 
  • Options
    g under p said:
    Never in professional sports has teams in a 7 game series won ALL the road games. The Nationals have a chance to do that tonight.

I cant wait for spring training whe the Nats and Astros play each other twice. The park is just a short walk from my house.

Peace
    I was wondering (and assuming) this was the first time in baseball. Didn’t realize the first time across all sports. Finish it off Nats
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    edited October 2019
    g under p said:

Peace
    I was wondering (and assuming) this was the first time in baseball. Didn’t realize the first time across all sports. Finish it off Nats
    Just 7 games sports series. In the NFL the Steelers and Giants both won all road games on the way to wining the Superbowl.

Hope the Nats win tonight. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,236
    That Spasm not such a bad thing today

Rooting for Scherzer .... he’s been great so many years, hope he gets a chip tonight

crazy series
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    kinda like bulldog scherzer v. delicate flower grienke.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420

Is verlander a fraud? I think he may be. 0-6 in the World Series. 4 losses in this years playoffs 
    Pretty crazy the rap that Kershaw gets when Verlander has been to 4 World Series and still hasn't managed a single victory.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    g under p said:

Peace
    Both teams have a chance to do that tonight. Whoever wins will have won ever Road game in the series. Had the Astros won last night they would have accomplished that.
    Unless you meant win ONLY road games instead of ALL.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,612
    great stuff.

Not really caring who wins.....  maybe a slight edge to Washington due to their 'drought' and it would be fun to see new blood and rub it in Harper's face....  but not invested.  Will sit back and enjoy all the marbles being won
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Give me 1988 Orel Hersheiser and 67/68 Gibson.  Gibson had 6 starts and 6 complete games.  The only reason he lost was because Curt Flood screwed up!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Ugh. Last nights game was so damn frustrating. Tonight’s game will be nuts. Let’s go, Astros!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258

mace1229 said:
    g under p said:

Peace
    Both teams have a chance to do that tonight. Whoever wins will have won ever Road game in the series. Had the Astros won last night they would have accomplished that.
    No.
    Astros are the home team, if they win tonight (or won last night), then a home team would win a game in the series. Not sure what's unclear about that.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options

Pretty crazy the rap that Kershaw gets when Verlander has been to 4 World Series and still hasn't managed a single victory.
    I don't know how I didn't realize he's been to 4.  Never a win.  Bum.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258

But he does have a ring, Kershaw doesn't.
    And while he hasn't won a WS game, he's 14-5 in DS and CS games, and his postseason ERA is a full run lower than Kershaw's (3.40 to 4.43)
    Kershaw clearly still a more spectacular post season failure by a fair margin.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:

And while he hasn't won a WS game, he's 14-5 in DS and CS games, and his postseason ERA is a full run lower than Kershaw's (3.40 to 4.43)
    All true, yes.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Poncier said:

he also has Kate Upton.  game over
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,023
    Poncier said:

mace1229 said:
    g under p said:

Peace
    No.
    Astros are the home team, if they win tonight (or won last night), then a home team would win a game in the series. Not sure what's unclear about that.
    I was thinking from the perspective of the team, not the series as a whole. I thought you meant whoever wins the series would have won all the away games.
    If Astro’s won last night or tonight they would have won every road game (plus 1 home. But I see what you’re saying now.
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

I wouldn't turn Ellen Kershaw down, either.. not that it matters because she's not offering herself to my dumb ass! :lol:
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413

Has Verlander ever had a meltdown like Kershaw’s 2014 NLDS game 1?
  • Options
    DewieCox said:

Has Verlander ever had a meltdown like Kershaw’s 2014 NLDS game 1?
    Nah he gives up all his runs in the first inning. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

Kershaw has the coveted Sketchers sponsorship though, so I'll call them even steven.
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,521
    Poncier said:

we agree on something! :hug:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Jason P said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

Kershaw has the coveted Sketchers sponsorship though, so I'll call them even steven.
    Close call, but I don’t think memory foams can quite hang with Kate Upton when you get right down t’it.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,218
    Jason P said:
    pjhawks said:
    Poncier said:

have you seen this thread?

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/188570/official-kate-upton-thread
  • Options
    Fuck verlander. Go nats 
  • Options
    Joe Buck Sucks...

Go Nats!

And Epstein didn't kill himself...
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Joe Buck Sucks...

Go Nats!

And Epstein didn't kill himself...
    I like buck a lot but too much of the “first time for this in game 7 since...”...who cares 
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    I like Buck....on the Brockmire show
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Hope the astros regret stranding a billion runners so far