Options

MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    Verlander is the last pitcher I'd poke fun at.  Dude is a HOF'er,  where u at Darvish?!?
    Verlander tweeted this exact same thing about him after a bad slide. All in good fun
    Ahhh, ok, so they bust each other's cohones?  That is in good fun.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    igotid88 said:
    Verlander is the last pitcher I'd poke fun at.  Dude is a HOF'er,  where u at Darvish?!?
    Verlander tweeted this exact same thing about him after a bad slide. All in good fun
    Awesome that Darvish waited almost two years to do it too. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Don't think he's had any other opportunity?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,885
    igotid88 said:
    I mean Its that he remembered Verlander's dig at him two years ago and he has been waiting for the chance to get back at him.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,420
    mfc2006 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Originally wanted the Stros to win but now with asshat assistant GM and Gurriel they can go screw. Wouldn't mind seeing Zim and Sherzer win.
    What'd Guriel do?

That Astors exec is being investigated now so if he did anything wrong he will be gone.
    Yeah, Yuli hasn’t done anything. You must be thinking of Osuna. I’m a lifelong fan of the Astros and won’t stop being a fan because of this exec/player. Unfortunately, these things happen on most professional teams these days. 
    I know what you mean.  The Cubs owner is a fuckin Trumptard and on top of that looks like Ted Cruz's lost twin.  I loved the Cubs well before him, will love them long after as well.

I'm assuming JK is referring to Gurriel's slant-eye in reaction to Darvish 2 years ago.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    JV tweeted the same at Darvish early in the 2018 season.  Yu is just getting him back. All in good fun.
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    JV tweeted the same at Darvish early in the 2018 season.  Yu is just getting him back. All in good fun.
    You're late, lol @p@pjsteelerfan informed me of this.

Do you guys follow this much crap on twitter and remember it or you guys just regurgitate info from it?

Twitter seems like a bunch of re-tweets for the most part with only a handful of people offering something?
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    igotid88 said:
    I mean Its that he remembered Verlander's dig at him two years ago and he has been waiting for the chance to get back at him.
    Revenge is a dish best served cold.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    You're late, lol @p@pjsteelerfan informed me of this.

Do you guys follow this much crap on twitter and remember it or you guys just regurgitate info from it?

Twitter seems like a bunch of re-tweets for the most part with only a handful of people offering something?
    Yeah, I sometimes I reply as I'm reading and forget to check how far ahead the thread is .  I saw an article on it earlier this morning.  I've got a pretty good memory, but not that damn good! :lol:
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,519
    Wobbie said:
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he the one that pulled his eyes back when he hit the homer off the Asian pitcher?

something like that but trea turner did some un-PC shit, too, so it’s even.
    People must really be unaware what goes on in a locker room sometimes.  That culture is not going to change...They should be smart enough to NOT tweet about it though.

yup.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    I could see the Astros coming back.

not saying they will, but I could see it.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,810
    DewieCox said:
    Isn’t he the one that pulled his eyes back when he hit the homer off the Asian pitcher?
    Guriel did, yes.

Taubman gone. Go Nats.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    Wobbie said:

gonna be tough especially since the next few games are in Washington.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,461
    I heard that the guy who got fired from the Astros got his job because he was good at fantasy baseball.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    DewieCox said:
    Guriel did, yes.

Taubman gone. Go Nats.
    Glad he was fired. Go Astros!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I heard that the guy who got fired from the Astros got his job because he was good at fantasy baseball.

I’da fired him cuz he looks like Don Jr.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,087
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

so anyone who plays in multiple leagues is qualified? Good for finally acting, guy should have been fired on the spot. Good for AJ Hinch for acting like the adult in the room on a team whose media relations staff is regarded as one of the worst.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

so anyone who plays in multiple leagues is qualified? Good for finally acting, guy should have been fired on the spot. Good for AJ Hinch for acting like the adult in the room on a team whose media relations staff is regarded as one of the worst.
    This is the part that is the most heinous and is going unaddressed. That press conference by Luhnow yesterday was pure garbage.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

This is the part that is the most heinous and is going unaddressed. That press conference by Luhnow yesterday was pure garbage.
    I was skeptical on the story until more info got out and man what a shitshow.  Apparently the guy knew whom the gal was because she always tweeted abuse activism when Osuna pitched.  

Another great nugget of info.  When asked if he apologized to her he replied "No, not yet." during the interview he did before he was fired.  SHE WAS IN THE ROOM DOING THE PRESS CONFERENCE!!!!

• Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

I was skeptical on the story until more info got out and man what a shitshow.  Apparently the guy knew whom the gal was because she always tweeted abuse activism when Osuna pitched.  

Another great nugget of info.  When asked if he apologized to her he replied "No, not yet." during the interview he did before he was fired.  SHE WAS IN THE ROOM DOING THE PRESS CONFERENCE!!!!

Correct. It's why the "fake news" term referenced above is so important in this story. Their revisionist's history on things can't be forgotten. They didn't initially apologize, they demeaned the journalists and made it a point to say when you want to get rid of something, or whitewash legitimacy, just shout that the reporter, and said report, is/are illegitimate. It wasn't until they had completely no where to go and they were basically called out on everything did they walk some things back, and ultimately fire the over-privileged douchebag. And furthermore, it speaks to the org's real view on all this, and how they really think, by how Lunhow responded and conducted himself.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

Correct. It's why the "fake news" term referenced above is so important in this story. Their revisionist's history on things can't be forgotten. They didn't initially apologize, they demeaned the journalists and made it a point to say when you want to get rid of something, or whitewash legitimacy, just shout that the reporter, and said report, is/are illegitimate. It wasn't until they had completely no where to go and they were basically called out on everything did they walk some things back, and ultimately fire the over-privileged douchebag. And furthermore, it speaks to the org's real view on all this, and how they really think, by how Lunhow responded and conducted himself.
    The Astros are seen as an organization that is head and shoulders above everyone else in player development but last in crisis management, lol.

The "Fake news" thing.  Where was that ever said?
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

The Astros are seen as an organization that is head and shoulders above everyone else in player development but last in crisis management, lol.

From https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-houston-astros-dig-a-deeper-hole-11572016969:

"A recap, if you’re behind: on Monday, Sports Illustrated published a story from baseball reporter Stephanie Apstein about an incident amid Houston’s ALCS clinching celebration, in which assistant Astros GM Brandon Taubman, taunted a trio of female reporters with loud, profane shouts in support of pitcher Roberto Osuna, whom Houston traded for as he served a 75-game suspension for violating the league’s domestic violence policy.

The Astros first attacked the Sports Illustrated report, calling it “misleading and completely irresponsible” and saying its executive was merely “supporting the player during a difficult time.”

“We are extremely disappointed in Sports Illustrated’s attempt to fabricate a story where one does not exist,” the Astros said in a statement."

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,666
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

I posted and you replied to it?

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    mfc2006 said:
    JK_Livin said:
    Originally wanted the Stros to win but now with asshat assistant GM and Gurriel they can go screw. Wouldn't mind seeing Zim and Sherzer win.
    What'd Guriel do?

That Astors exec is being investigated now so if he did anything wrong he will be gone.
    Yeah, Yuli hasn’t done anything. You must be thinking of Osuna. I’m a lifelong fan of the Astros and won’t stop being a fan because of this exec/player. Unfortunately, these things happen on most professional teams these days. 
    I know what you mean.  The Cubs owner is a fuckin Trumptard and on top of that looks like Ted Cruz's lost twin.  I loved the Cubs well before him, will love them long after as well.

I'm assuming JK is referring to Gurriel's slant-eye in reaction to Darvish 2 years ago.
    Bingo.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It's a game of inches!  If the dewpoint was just a little different ... if the wind shifted just a little bit ... who knows?  That was a big game. 
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Hope they can tie up this series tonight!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,975
    Wobbie said:

gonna be tough especially since the next few games are in Washington.
    then again..... Go Stros!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

Yes I did and after reading the story never saw a mention of the term "fake news" in the story which is why I asked about it.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    igotid88 said:

Yes I did and after reading the story never saw a mention of the term "fake news" in the story which is why I asked about it.
    I get the FN reference now, Nevermind!!