MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    DewieCox said:

What's so funny is that most of the Cardinals fans on there are making references to him leaving STL for the money. Reports are that he was offered 200 million by both the Cardinals and the Nationals. His 8 year deal with the Cubs is 8 years/184 million. The guy left STL foe 16 million less.

Funnier still.....the Cub fans that think he based his choice on winning, and not betting that he'll get a bigger deal in 3 years.

Plenty of justification going on both sides. It was just a better deal than other teams offered, for somebody with Heywards potential.

The Cubs would probably love for him to opt out after 3. Every single team in baseball would sign him to a 3 year $69 million deal
  • DewieCox said:

What's so funny is that most of the Cardinals fans on there are making references to him leaving STL for the money. Reports are that he was offered 200 million by both the Cardinals and the Nationals. His 8 year deal with the Cubs is 8 years/184 million. The guy left STL foe 16 million less.

Funnier still.....the Cub fans that think he based his choice on winning, and not betting that he'll get a bigger deal in 3 years.

Plenty of justification going on both sides. It was just a better deal than other teams offered, for somebody with Heywards potential.

The Cubs would probably love for him to opt out after 3. Every single team in baseball would sign him to a 3 year $69 million deal
    Cliffs nailed it on the head.

Redbird fans were going psychotic on Heyward's twitter. Most commonly by calling him a traitor. I mean, the dude never made the choice to even go to STL. He was forced there via a trade for only 1 year.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • imalive said:

fuck the cubs.

Have fun with Jeff Samardzija.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,857

imalive said:

fuck the cubs.

Have fun with Jeff Samardzija.
    Righetti is going to turn him into an ace. He and Bummy will be 1 and 1A :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Giants get Cueto. 6 years at 130 million. Opt out after 2 years. Value of first 2 is 46 million.

I like it assuming Cueto takes the opt out. Otherwise not a fan of 6 years.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
    if has has two good seasons, he'll take the opt out.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

^why I hate the Giants
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Fuck the Giants.

They are now the Yankees.
  • If Giants were Yankees they would have given Greinke the 200million he was looking for. Greinke only went to AZ as Giants and D*dgers wouldn't go a 6th year. When you have record ticket prices and still sell out every single game you can afford this signing.

The rotation could be tops in the NL if Rags can fix Sharks delivery as Giants are sure he can do. Shark wouldn't really work with ChiSox coaches but told Giants during negotiations he wants to work with Rags after seeing what he did with MadBum:

Rotation:
    1. MadBum
    2. Cueto
    3. Shark
    4. Peavy
    5. Cain
    6th/Long Reliever: Heston

Plus now they are saying Timmy may come back on a 1 year low money deal to be that 6th emergency starter or a bullpen piece.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle

imalive said:

^why I hate the Giants
    because of the opt out, you hate them? that makes no sense....the opt out is all for Cueto's benefit, not the Giants'. go ahead and hate but come up with a real reason.

who's your team?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    no one needs a reason to hate the giants. it's just common sense.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,275
    edited December 2015
    imalive said:

imalive said:

^why I hate the Giants
    because of the opt out, you hate them? that makes no sense....the opt out is all for Cueto's benefit, not the Giants'. go ahead and hate but come up with a real reason.

who's your team?
    Really, I was just mocking your "real reason" for bashing on the Cubs on a thead dedictated to the Cubs. On December 11, you posted "fuck the cubs...you're now the yankees".

You simply typed that because they signed Jason Heyward that day. Since then, your Giants signed both Jeff Samardzjia and Johnny Cueto. Seems my retort of "fuck the giants...you're now the yankees" is only warranted.

Next, on December 13th,

PJ-Cubs said:

Need to add one more starting pitcher

Imalive responded:

^^^ one reason I don't care for the cubs

Now, it seems to me that if someone thinking the Cubs should add one more starting pitcher makes you not care for the Cubs... I need not provide 1 single "real reason" to dislike the Giants.

That's all.
    Post edited by darwinstheory on
    ^^^^ I can respect that! :lol:

seriously, I hate what baseball has become with free agency. The giants actually have a core of home grown players; as do the cubs.

fuck the d**gers!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • imalive said:

^^^^ I can respect that! :lol:

seriously, I hate what baseball has become with free agency. The giants actually have a core of home grown players; as do the cubs.

fuck the d**gers!

^^^we have agreed. You say fuck the Dodgers and I say fuck the Cardinals. Fuck em both.
    edited December 2015
    Puig going to the White Sox?

Edit: Nope. Frazier to White Sox in 3 team deal.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • Puig going to the White Sox?

Edit: Nope. Frazier to White Sox in 3 team deal.

I got really excited for Puig for a few minutes there.. Not sure how I feel about this deal for the Sox. Gave up 2 of their top prospects in Montas and Thompson for a guy who will be 30 next year in Frazier.
    Puig would scare me.....his contract is good, he has some talent....but he might wreck your team.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • These remaining outfielders may be disapointed from their venture into free agency. Baseball execs when scanning the market do not see many big buyers left willing to give out 100+ million deals. Angels have now stated they are done for this offseason. Giants spent their money, Royals want an outfielder but can't afford to pay. A couple of the players may still find their big paydays but someone is going to end up signing a short term deal that was not what they were looking for. Evans has stated Giants would love one of them but not at the 20mil rates being requested. I would bet Upton and Cespedes get the 100mil deals but Gordon may end up signing for far less than he is asking for. I think Gordon ends up being the Shields of this winter.
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
  • norm said:

Nuff said
  • imalive said:

Puig would scare me.....his contract is good, he has some talent....but he might wreck your team.

I'm sooooo disappointed with his performance this year. He was a lightning rod when he first came up. I really hope he gets it back together because this guy can be something special.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,701
    R.I.P Dave Henderson
    I miss igotid88
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,721
    Chapman traded to the Yankees!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    does your team have a 2x Cy Young winner who can do this?????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86D8B8iwzdM

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

imalive said:

Technically no team does...
    Read that Griffey will be the first number 1 pick to be elected to the hall of fame...good trivia fact
  • Is there anything worse or more pretentious than the baseball HOF voters? Griffey won't be a unanimous selection because some of these jerkoffs refuse to have a unanimous vote. Anyone who doesn't vote for Griffey should have their vote taken away.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Posts: 16,427

Is there anything worse or more pretentious than the baseball HOF voters? Griffey won't be a unanimous selection because some of these jerkoffs refuse to have a unanimous vote. Anyone who doesn't vote for Griffey should have their vote taken away.

There aren't many things that piss me off more than baseball writers, especially when it comes to HOF voting.