MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    it's awesome that the Angels are paying for Josh Hamilton to go back to Texas.....I would love to see him hurt the Angels at some point.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    imalive said:

it's awesome that the Angels are paying for Josh Hamilton to go back to Texas.....I would love to see him hurt the Angels at some point.

The Angels are dirtballs
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    I don't think Josh hamilton will be hurting any team again. I think his career is essentially over. I think he's got one more season of competitive baseball and he's done.

I like Josh. But between the injuries and the addiction, I just think he's done. I hope he proves me wrong and goes out there and becomes an all star.

I don't think Josh hamilton will be hurting any team again. I think his career is essentially over. I think he's got one more season of competitive baseball and he's done.

I like Josh. But between the injuries and the addiction, I just think he's done. I hope he proves me wrong and goes out there and becomes an all star.

I don't disagree with this but the way the Angels handled it is sickening. Worse than the Yankees with arod, at least they have a legitimate issue. Josh Hamilton has a serious problem and they treated him like shit

I hope free agents take note, though money is obviously the key
  • Totally agree. Angels had buyers remorse and are using incident to get away from him. They signed him knowing his problem and knew this was a strong possibility. Good for the rangers to take a chance and hopefully Josh can stay on the straight and narrow. The fact he self reported is a great sign he truly cares about his sobriety and I wish him nothing but the best.

Moreno = douchebag
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    edited April 2015
    Ugh!! F'in Waino....they can still take the division, but somebody better step up big time if they're to make noise in Oct.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305

I don't disagree with this but the way the Angels handled it is sickening. Worse than the Yankees with arod, at least they have a legitimate issue. Josh Hamilton has a serious problem and they treated him like shit

I've wondered what his reception would be when he gets back here, considering how he trashed the fans after he signed with the Angels. But it looks like most of the comments on social media are that they are glad to have him back. A week ago it was announced that he and his wife are divorcing and people really feel that the Angels have kicked him while he's down.

Not many of his former teammates are left but the Rangers can really use him if he's up to it. There's always drama with Josh but he's a talented athlete when he can keep it together.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Artie Moreno is a scumbag

you signed a player who is at/past his prime for a ridiculous contract, all the while knowing that he is a heroin addict who could relapse at any time and when he does, you go about a smearing campaign in the press and now you just get rid of him

i hope you get seeping, infected hemorrhoids, artie
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    DewieCox said:

Ugh!! F'in Waino....they can still take the division, but somebody better step up big time if they're to make noise in Oct.

yeah that sucks, sorry Cards fans
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623
    norm said:

you signed a player who is at/past his prime for a ridiculous contract, all the while knowing that he is a heroin addict who could relapse at any time and when he does, you go about a smearing campaign in the press and now you just get rid of him

Angels fan since 1989 and even I agree. He's done a poor job handling this controversy. I just hope they get some good players in return for the trade. It's bad enough without Kendrick. Even if he did hit into a lot of double plays, he was a solid hitter for the club.
  • InHiding80InHiding80 Posts: 7,623

I've wondered what his reception would be when he gets back here, considering how he trashed the fans after he signed with the Angels. But it looks like most of the comments on social media are that they are glad to have him back. A week ago it was announced that he and his wife are divorcing and people really feel that the Angels have kicked him while he's down.

Not many of his former teammates are left but the Rangers can really use him if he's up to it. There's always drama with Josh but he's a talented athlete when he can keep it together.
    I hate how my team has treated him. Philip Seymour Hoffman was my favorite living actor and it sickened me to see people judge him as a junkie and it sickens me to see personnel on my club be of no help to him. You need to be in that person's shoes to understand. Addiction is NEVER easy to quit.

norm said:

Angels fan since 1989 and even I agree. He's done a poor job handling this controversy. I just hope they get some good players in return for the trade. It's bad enough without Kendrick. Even if he did hit into a lot of double plays, he was a solid hitter for the club.
    I thought the Angels were getting nothing, other than some cash...

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    That dope Scherzer says the NL needs the DH :nuh_uh:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited April 2015

I hate how my team has treated him. Philip Seymour Hoffman was my favorite living actor and it sickened me to see people judge him as a junkie and it sickens me to see personnel on my club be of no help to him. You need to be in that person's shoes to understand. Addiction is NEVER easy to quit.
    Baseball is a business. If you don't produce, you're done. The angels did him wrong with the negative press but it does not surprise me they dumped him. I think I heard the angels are still paying out most of his contract except for like $7 million. I may have hat wrong. If that is the case, it makes no sense to trade him and pay most of his salary. Something else has to be going on here. They wanted him suspended to get out of paying his salary.

Either way, I hope he can stay sober. It seems like boredom is the biggest problem hamilton faces. He seems to slip mostly during the off season and during DL stints. I feel like when his career is over, his story could end very badly. Hopefully, he can find something to occupy his mind to help keep him off the drugs.

As far as P.S. Hoffman, he was a junkie, wasn't he? I mean you don't have to be a homeless bum to be a junkie. That's the term used for opiate addicts right? I liked him also and was shocked to hear about his addiction problems. But from what I heard he dealt with this for 20 years. If that's not the definition of a junkie, I don't know what is.
    Post edited by Last-12-Exit on
    Albert Pujols completely shatters his bat and hits it to the warning track. That dude is still a beast. He's just not getting the hits.

Albert Pujols completely shatters his bat and hits it to the warning track. That dude is still a beast. He's just not getting the hits.

fuck poo hole.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Poo hole. That's funny. But he's still a beast
    And Mike trout just jammed himself and hit it over the fence. Fucking best hitter in the game. The real beast
  • The way Moreno dealt with this who thing was awful -- he is reacting like Hamilton did rails with his daughter or something. I can see how he might be butt-hurt over things but to make your wrath public and make your organization look so bad is really stupid.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Wainwright out for the year. Sucks for my fantasy team.
  • Wainwright out for the year. Sucks for my fantasy team.

But the Cubs fan in you is OK with this development, right?

But the Cubs fan in you is OK with this development, right?
    I never like to see a guy get hurt. As much as I hate to say it, I like waino. He's been a stud for a while.
  • Yeah, not rooting for injuries but one man's pain is another man's pleasure. Today Cubs fans have a better shot than they did going into the weekend.
    True

no one cares about your fantasy team.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive said:

no one cares about your fantasy team.

I'm not not sure how you still don't get it, EVERYONE CARES!

:rofl:
  • He's the commissioner and still we don't care. Just his denial left to go.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,401
    www.myspace.com
    I know this article doesn't really focus on it but I can't see any argument that would think a double switch is more important to baseball than one of the better pitchers in the game blowing his Achilles batting