MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    What a horrible display of ball/strike calling. Juat 2 totally different zones for the teams.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Yeah Baby!!! Go Sox!!! Love you Lester!!! In it 2 Win it!!! 10010412.gif

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,384
    why else would they be in it?
    www.myspace.com
    why else would they be in it?
    You're just "SO" funny Jiggler!!! ;):lol:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    i11509_1383099969178.gif
    aqo2t.jpg
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,855
    someone who knows how to twitter needs to post ken rosenthal's picture of victorino's shoes.

(btw - years ago, someone on this board referred to rosenthal as a "robotic turd burglar"..... I can never see the dude without thinking of that description :lol: )
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited October 2013
    "Congrats to the Boston Red Sox World Series Champions of 2013!!!! Yeah Baby!!!!
    Post edited by PearlOfAGirl on

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • congratulations to you boston!!

i do not mind losing to an organization as classy as the sox. your organization and your fanbase are top notch. they deserve it.

enjoy :D

(gimme grabs clippers and heads to the bathroom to get rid of his playoff beard....)
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,698
    Can't wait until they finally catch David Ortiz juicing
    I miss igotid88
    Evil Empire Red Sox
    I miss igotid88
    Best team in ALL of Baseball!!! The Boston RED SOX!!! http://youtu.be/04854XqcfCY

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
    Congrats Sox, but fuck the stupid beards and all the Boston Strong crap we're gonna hear about.
    igotid88 wrote:

He was already caught, though not officially I suppose and if his performance this post season isn't enough to prove he's still using, people have learned very little from the steroid era.

Cards will be back.
    DewieCox wrote:
    Congrats Sox, but fuck the stupid beards and all the Boston Strong crap we're gonna hear about.
    igotid88 wrote:

He was already caught, though not officially I suppose and if his performance this post season isn't enough to prove he's still using, people have learned very little from the steroid era.

Cards will be back.

I know. But not just let it pass. Like him cursing on live tv.
    I miss igotid88
    Best team in ALL of Baseball!!! The Boston RED SOX!!! http://youtu.be/04854XqcfCY
    Congrats to BIG POPI MVP of 2013!!! Simply the BEST!!!! :mrgreen:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,169

Well put POAG they got the job done. Let's see in 13 years BOSTON teams have won 8 world titles amongst the 4 teams and 4 other championship entries. One in hockey, one in basketball and two in football that didn't come out victorious......not bad, not bad at all.

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox....now I can shave, finally. :D

BEANTOWN IS NOW TITLETOWN USA!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSB67l8OJCpU2QZTktCp-sfAZXwxnFXWTLgx58wyy77CUu_YvaMSg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ977tJ9fikKf7nSdYuH45bccTYRrSaHTjBu0hFOITXJnpl1OrI
    igotid88 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:

Cards will be back.

I know. But not just let it pass. Like him cursing on live tv.

He'll probably only get his when it comes time of the HoF vote. Gonna have a hard enough time to get in being a DH. The roid issue should keep him out for the long haul. The media look like buffoons, yet again. I even heard one talk about a comeback story and talked about how Ortiz forgot how to hit a few years back.
    g under p wrote:

Well put POAG they got the job done. Let's see in 13 years BOSTON teams have won 8 world titles amongst the 4 teams and 4 other championship entries. One in hockey, one in basketball and two in football that didn't come out victorious......not bad, not bad at all.

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox....now I can shave, finally. :D

BEANTOWN IS NOW TITLETOWN USA!

Peace

Oh let's not forget the 4 Boston College and 1 Boston University NCAA Hockey Championships. It's been one hell of an run and this bearded crew made it especially special.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

That little feel good piece ESPN is runnin on Ortiz is absurd. Of course they're gonna hype the Sox today, but the dudes a lifetime juicer. They should at least slip that in at some point, since they'll use it in the future to get views, clicks etc. Buster Olney gets some respect for the low level enthusiasm in which he delivers it.
    DewieCox wrote:
    That little feel good piece ESPN is runnin on Ortiz is absurd. Of course they're gonna hype the Sox today, but the dudes a lifetime juicer. They should at least slip that in at some point, since they'll use it in the future to get views, clicks etc. Buster Olney gets some respect for the low level enthusiasm in which he delivers it.

let it go, dewie. your boys had mcgwire and ankiel and a "sure fire first ballot hall of fame" manager who looked the other way through most of his success. my team had bonds (who I loved). not a fan of big sloppy but it has more to do with his feeling "disrespected by an $18M/yr offer :shock: than anything else.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

let it go, dewie. your boys had mcgwire and ankiel and a "sure fire first ballot hall of fame" manager who looked the other way through most of his success. my team had bonds (who I loved). not a fan of big sloppy but it has more to do with his feeling "disrespected by an $18M/yr offer :shock: than anything else.

:) that's the last ill mention it. I'm not trying to bitch about Ortiz. ESPN hyping it is just kinda silly considering how they'll come down on him at some point. There's another dude or 2 on the Sox that deserves as much attention as Ortiz.
    DewieCox wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

:) that's the last ill mention it. I'm not trying to bitch about Ortiz. ESPN hyping it is just kinda silly considering how they'll come down on him at some point. There's another dude or 2 on the Sox that deserves as much attention as Ortiz.

I hear ya. but we are all guilty of pointing fingers at other people and kind of ignoring the skeletons in our own closets. SD fans were brutal towards bonds but they sure did love their MVP caminiti (RIP)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    http://www.cultoflearning.com/rstd

Classy move, Red Sox.

:clap:
    DewieCox wrote:

Yes indeed that was a nice thing to do which I think started with the Blackhawks sending the same to the Boston Globe after the Cup finals.

Peace

g under p wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

Yes indeed that was a nice thing to do which I think started with the Blackhawks sending the same to the Boston Globe after the Cup finals.

Peace
    This is one of the reasons I "love" this team.... ;):D

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Holy fuck balls
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    norm wrote:
    Good riddance.. as a life long, die hard Tiger fan.. I am so happy to say "peace out" !! Free up some money.. Plus, that guy is a heartless, non-hitting joke that will be forgotten in our lifetime.. have fun in Texas!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Caveeze wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Good riddance.. as a life long, die hard Tiger fan.. I am so happy to say "peace out" !! Free up some money.. Plus, that guy is a heartless, non-hitting joke that will be forgotten in our lifetime.. have fun in Texas!

:o

Had such high hopes... Gotta use the freed up money to sign Scherzer and get a closer. Maybe our season tickets will drop in price, too. :lol:
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• norm wrote:
    Texas loves players that can't produce in the post season. :lol:
    So now Prince can get even fatter on that Texas BBQ.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'