MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    No doubt in my mind that Fielder is Detroit's Arod ... A big do nothing come post season.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    oh didn't know his pitch count was that high. turned it on about an inning ago. good game. would be cool to see a no hitter being thrown at fenway.

Apparently a no hitter has never been thrown on the road in the playoffs and the sox were last shutout at home in 1918 in the post season.

Benoit in so it can be tricky.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

Great job by the tigers pitchers ... A 1 hitter in Boston.

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    lukin2006 wrote:

Word...fuck boston
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,773
    Scherzer and Verlander next

Ouch
  • Well, that was beyond stressful. And my team won...

I'm happy to be guaranteed a split in Boston. I far from count Scherezer pitching as a sure win...we always play like such poop in Fenway
    The split is what we are looking for and now we go with our 21 game winner to try and take 2 in Boston, but Boston's pitcher is pretty darn good ... should be another good game.

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Word...fuck boston
    +1
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,856
    CROJAM95 wrote:
    Scherzer and Verlander next

Ouch

word.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    WOW, what a game, and a reminder of how awesome post season baseball can be. Two intense games at Fenway. This has all the signs of being an epic 6-7 game series. Just hope whomever goes destroys STL.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Word...fuck boston
    +1

Fuck New York.
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Word...fuck boston
    +1

Fuck New York.

fuck the AL ;)

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Dunno if anyone mentioned this yet, but I heard on the radio this morning that Pearl Jam will be the official music of the World Series, so to speak. Fox has 46 PJ songs lined up for the event.

Go Tigers!!!
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,699
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Dunno if anyone mentioned this yet, but I heard on the radio this morning that Pearl Jam will be the official music of the World Series, so to speak. Fox has 46 PJ songs lined up for the event.

Go Tigers!!!

yup
    I miss igotid88
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    Just an awesome comeback by Boston....AWESOME!

BOSTON STRONG

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    gross...gross...gross is David Ortiz the Robert Horry of baseball? Big Hit Pap? Detroit needs to win so we can get past this stupid Boston Strong shit...only in 'Merica do we use a tragedy to brand a city, sell shit, and party in the streets.
    RW81233 wrote:
    gross...gross...gross is David Ortiz the Robert Horry of baseball? Big Hit Pap? Detroit needs to win so we can get past this stupid Boston Strong shit...only in 'Merica do we use a tragedy to brand a city, sell shit, and party in the streets.

Thank you for your input. :D

STRONG IS BOSTON

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    g under p wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

STRONG IS BOSTON

peace
    if it makes you feel better 9/11 and the yankees was equally disturbing
  • congrats to the dodgers. we've got ourselves a series boys and girls.

cards played like shit tonight. too many defensive mental errors and baserunning mistakes... can't win playoff games like that....

puig watching the ball hit the fence was pretty amusing. when i was playing college ball and someone did that, next at bat they would have gotten one in their ear hole.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Power outage in Detroit game ... I guess in midst of the bankruptcy the electric bill was not paid :lol:

RW81233 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

STRONG IS BOSTON

peace

totally agree. ANY city in our country would come together after these tragedies.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Way 2 Go RED SOX!!! :thumbup: :clap: :wave:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,394
    fuck you mary hart
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    fuck you mary hart

:lol::lol:

yeah but she's there almost every game and pays attention...unlike a lot of the tools that sit behind home plate
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,394
    norm wrote:
    fuck you mary hart

:lol::lol:

yeah but she's there almost every game and pays attention...unlike a lot of the tools that sit behind home plate

well she saw a couple nice post season series against a certain team that hails from philadelphia a few years back. ;)

for some reason it bugs me seeing her back there. she literally has the best seat in the entire league. i picture kramer in a perpetual state of seizure watching these games.

kramer-maryhart.gif
    www.myspace.com
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    Another doozy...Good to see Carpenter show up. He's been kinda lackadaisical all post season, but he started hitting and made big heads up plays.

Can TBS ditch the Vin Scully crap. Its really forced. And it's not like he's Jack Back or somethin'. :D
  • DewieCox wrote:
    Another doozy...Good to see Carpenter show up. He's been kinda lackadaisical all post season, but he started hitting and made big heads up plays.

Can TBS ditch the Vin Scully crap. Its really forced. And it's not like he's Jack Back or somethin'. :D
    yeah the cards looked a little more like themselves tonight. i am not sure about lance lynn though. i do not trust that guy at all this year.

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    DewieCox wrote:

yeah the cards looked a little more like themselves tonight. i am not sure about lance lynn though. i do not trust that guy at all this year.

Me neither. I suppose he did only give up the 2 runs, but I wouldn't mind seeing Miller in that spot.
  • DewieCox wrote:
    Me neither. I suppose he did only give up the 2 runs, but I wouldn't mind seeing Miller in that spot.
    2 runs would have been more than plenty though if we hit like we did last night. i am much more comfortable with a 3-1 lead though.

RW81233 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

STRONG IS BOSTON

peace

Yes disturbing for you possibly.

I was affected because I lived in Watertown and traveled through Harvard University to the same HS as the bomber. At that time that was Cambridge Ringe And Latin HS.

So yeah I feel very strong about BOSTON STRONG

GO SOX.... The bearded crew will be tough to stop.

Peace