MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    Does anyone else think its time for McCarver to call it quits? Dude is old as hell and can barely spit out the words. If there was anyone who is the king of stating the obvious, its always been him.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Does anyone else think its time for McCarver to call it quits? Dude is old as hell and can barely spit out the words. If there was anyone who is the king of stating the obvious, its always been him.

he's retiring after the series
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,855
    norm wrote:

he's retiring after the series

at least he knows when it's time :roll: ;)
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    hey prince.....why'nt you earn your money? :fp:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • congrats to the st.louis cardinals and all of their fans!! classy organization!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    san antonio tx 2003
    austin tx 2009
    EV san antonio tx 2011
    dallas tx 2013
    austin tx 2014
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    imalive wrote:
    hey prince.....why'nt you earn your money? :fp:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Arod 2.0 ... Only 7 years and 160 million or so left on that contract.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
    What a joke Fielder is ... If your going, go home and run their Cather over like Boston did to your catcher 2 nights ago ... with his size ... Boston's catchers expression would be :shock:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• jlaustinjlaustin Posts: 2,355
    Well, it looks like I'll be getting $1600 back for World Series tickets...

:fp:

Why the hell would you take Scherzer out?
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Cincy, Detroit, Moline, & Milwaukee
    2015 Central Park
    2016 Lexington, Ottawa, Toronto 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2017 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    2018 Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Chicago 1

• RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    FUCK...let the shirt sales on people's pain begin! This is obviously the team representing BOSTON STRONG against the most vile NL franchise...have fun listening to Pearl Jam.
    jlaustin wrote:
    Well, it looks like I'll be getting $1600 back for World Series tickets...

:fp:

Why the hell would you take Scherzer out?

Well I think that 7th inning kind of summarized the series for the Tigers, in the top of the 7th Boston's shortstop makes a great play and ends the inning, bottom of the 7th Detroit's shortstop boots the ball and misses an double play opportunity and Boston scores 4. Detroit had plenty of opportunities in this series, their hitting was atrocious. This lineup needs a shakeup over the off season, it's pretty obvious that this current lineup tends to struggle at some point in the playoffs.

The first to go would be Leyland ...

• :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

What an evening! KOJI MVP.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,698
    Pearl Jam will be the only good thing about this World Series. Go Cards
    I miss igotid88
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    RW81233 wrote:
    FUCK...let the shirt sales on people's pain begin! This is obviously the team representing BOSTON STRONG against the most vile NL franchise...have fun listening to Pearl Jam.

You must've got some wires crossed. The Cardinals beat the Dodgers Friday night.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    DewieCox wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

You must've got some wires crossed. The Cardinals beat the Dodgers Friday night.
    the Dodgers have likable players and donny baseball is harmless since he's never won anything ever...the cardinals are a franchise of pure evil
    RW81233 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

the Dodgers have likable players and donny baseball is harmless since he's never won anything ever...the cardinals are a franchise of pure evil

gotta agree with Dewie on this one. nothing "likable" about the d**gers....never has been; never will be.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    was pulling for detroit, but I've always liked victorino....except for that brief time he spent with evil empire west.

I'll probably be pulling for the cards....hard as that is to do. jose oquendo will never get off my shit list, tho.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Who PrincessWho Princess Posts: 7,305
    imalive wrote:
    was pulling for detroit, but I've always liked victorino....except for that brief time he spent with evil empire west.

I'll probably be pulling for the cards....hard as that is to do. jose oquendo will never get off my shit list, tho.
    After 2011, I could NEVER pull for SL. :evil:

Didn't have a fave in the ALCS, so I'm OK with Boston. Doubt the Rangers will ever be in another WS in my lifetime. :(
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,236
    Go Cards! Like we have Boston, instead of Detroit. Cards in 4!
    www.cluthelee.com
    RW81233 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    RW81233 wrote:

Yes, a well run team, with gobs of homegrown talent and mostly likeable players is definitely pure evil. :roll: Is somebody jealous?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Go Cards!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Posts: 8,661
    yikes. the umps got the right call, but I'm not a fan of the other umps overruling an umpires call without replay evidence. I hate to agree with McCarver, but that just opens up a pandoras box. Hopefully none of the umps have any money on the series!
  • yikes. the umps got the right call, but I'm not a fan of the other umps overruling an umpires call without replay evidence. I hate to agree with McCarver, but that just opens up a pandoras box. Hopefully none of the umps have any money on the series!

Yeah, that's a slippery slope to go down. How the hell did the ump miss that call in the first place??? That was brutal.
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    Morning folks,

English Sox fan here watching on mlb.tv.

So far,so Sox.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Go Cards
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,169
    That was one heck of a catch by Beltran as my beard continues to grow....

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Great Dp there to stop a rally.
    Go Sox.
  • Why doesn't Victorino switch-hit anymore?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • cardinals.

:fp: :fp:

seriously, they get a few days off and forget the fundamentals of defense. errors = runs in most cases, especially in the world series...they have given this game to the sox.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    cardinals.

:fp: :fp:

seriously, they get a few days off and forget the fundamentals of defense. errors = runs in most cases, especially in the world series...they have given this game to the sox.

I know the game can change with every play, but so far......no errors=no runs

Yadi's gotta bite his lip. Seemed like Waino was getting the squeeze from that point on.

Beltran, plz be alright.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,384
    just got home...have they played any pearl jam?
    www.myspace.com