MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Great move by the tigers ... Can't believe they found a trade partner for Fielder...still had to send 30 million and Kinslor is owed 62 million. They probably free up enough to extend Miggy, still need a left fielder. The question with Max that I have, is he at Max trade value? Was this past year Just an exceptional year that will never be repeated? Is he more likely a 14-15 game winner with a high ERA? If the tigers think he's more likely to fall back to where he was then I think he'll be traded, plus they need bullpen help ...
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    :cry::cry::cry:

You boys feel free to laugh. I don't even want to think about what stupidity Daniels will pull next. I'm sure they'll be firing Ron Washington soon.

Kinsler is my FAVORITE Ranger. Trading him for Prince Fucking Fielder? :fp:

Where's Flagg? He always puts some intelligent perspective on things.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    So now Prince can get even fatter on that Texas BBQ.
    He claims to be vegetarian ... :crazy:

Are donuts considered a vegetable?
    Everything is bigger in Texas

-big head
    -big hair
    -big body
    -big contract

bye bye a-rod 2.0
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,851

wow :shock: :shock:

the Who Princess is not really known as a potty mouth. she is fired up....as she well should be. as lukin said, I cannot believe detroit was able to unload that albatross of a contract. how come texas never stepped up to take barry zito off our hands? :lol:

cosmically :? I just yesterday afternoon was discussing with a tigers fan how bad the fielder contract was.....and now it's off their hands.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

the Who Princess is not really known as a potty mouth. she is fired up....as she well should be. as lukin said, I cannot believe detroit was able to unload that albatross of a contract. how come texas never stepped up to take barry zito off our hands? :lol:
    You just haven't met me in person. :P :lol:

I am SO disgusted with the Rangers organization. I just can't imagine how much worse it will get.
    I still hadn't gotten over the owners running off Nolan Ryan. :evil:

I am SO disgusted with the Rangers organization. I just can't imagine how much worse it will get. :evil:

mabe a-rod will end his career there :?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:

I am SO disgusted with the Rangers organization. I just can't imagine how much worse it will get. :evil:

mabe a-rod will end his career there :?
    :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

(runs screaming from the room)
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Former Tigers pitcher Denny McClain says internal problems forced Prince from the team.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
    imalive wrote:

cosmically :? I just yesterday afternoon was discussing with a tigers fan how bad the fielder contract was.....and now it's off their hands.

The tigers should now be able to much more this off season ... And Kinsler contract decreases each year which is a bonus.

• groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    Bummer to see Ian Kinsler go, even if I was a bit tired of watching him pop up and get picked off first base. We will miss his defense at second base and his teamwork with Elvis Andrus, which was a joy to watch.

I like Prince, and hope he will succeed here in Texas.

The Rangers better hope for a good year, since they have lost a lot of fan goodwill by losing/letting go a lot of fan favorites lately.
    grooveme wrote:
    Bummer to see Ian Kinsler go, even if I was a bit tired of watching him pop up and get picked off first base. We will miss his defense at second base and his teamwork with Elvis Andrus, which was a joy to watch.

The Rangers better hope for a good year, since they have lost a lot of fan goodwill by losing/letting go a lot of fan favorites lately.

Prince will succeed ... until October ;)

think the california los angeles angels of anaheim orange county got took on this trade.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    lukin2006 wrote:
    grooveme wrote:

Prince will succeed ... until October ;)

I'm not even sure we will make it to October! That may be a moot point
    can't believe latroy hawkins is still making decent coin :shock:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    imalive wrote:
    can't believe latroy hawkins is still making decent coin :shock:
    I can't believe he's still playing.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Fear The Beard in Detroit???

a little birdie told me that Brian Wilson is about an inch from becoming a Tiger :D

This would make me very happy!! Love that guy!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:

a little birdie told me that Brian Wilson is about an inch from becoming a Tiger :D

they definitely have needed a closer.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Caveeze wrote:

The Tigers seem to like really annoying relievers.
    goddam!!!!! :x

I was hoping wilson would go ANYWHERE rather than return to the d**gers. the AL would have been best. fuck.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

The Tigers seem to like really annoying relievers.
    Anything that keeps us beating them Yanks is fine by me..

We got Nathan, and I haven't felt this good about our closer in a couple years.. I just wish he was slightly more annoying ;)
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    imalive wrote:
    goddam!!!!! :x

I was hoping wilson would go ANYWHERE rather than return to the d**gers. the AL would have been best. fuck.
    Rumor has it that he was denied by a few teams because he refused to shave..

If that is true (even though the Tigers would be one of those teams) I really dig his will..
  • Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    Jacoby to the Yanks. At $153 mil, youd think he could pitch.

I like ellsbury, I hope he does well for NY.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,820
    Crazy contract for Ellsbury. 30 years old and he has been hurt a bunch the past few years. I thought the Yankees were looking to reduce payroll and get under that $189M luxury tax number?? I guess not.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,912
    Max bid of $20M on NPB players. Things just got interesting....

Is it the least number or wins or does the player pick? If the player picks, which he should, this entire process has been pointless as the big market teams will still win out.

I actually think this means bigger contracts for the players. I really don't see how this helps small market teams unless they are forced to go to shitty teams.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,737
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Is it the least number or wins or does the player pick? If the player picks, which he should, this entire process has been pointless as the big market teams will still win out.

I actually think this means bigger contracts for the players. I really don't see how this helps small market teams unless they are forced to go to shitty teams.

Yea, you're right: (this entire process is pointless and the BIG market teams will win out).(and the player gets a BIG contract too.

How about this process; How about they have to go into the DRAFT, if they want to play in the MLB?
    $20 million max, anyone can negotiate who is tied for $20 mil or highest bid. Player picks. So higher contracts against the luxury tax for teams. Player has a lot more power than before.

Couldn't do draft since the player is under contract in another professional league.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,912
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just read up more on this. So essentially players are free agents.... and are getting an additional $20M from a team. This no longer makes any sense.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Just read up more on this. So essentially players are free agents.... and are getting an additional $20M from a team. This no longer makes any sense.

They team they are coming from gets the $20 mil for letting them out of their contract, but yeah, essentially.