MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Keep it classy, Braves fans.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • norm wrote:
    infield fly? :? :fp:

A4ez611CEAEl5G4.png
    Absolutely ridiculous!
    The fans are going to burn the place down if they don't overturn that awful call. :corn:
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    never really understood throwing shit on the field...you're not helping

assholes
    norm wrote:
    infield fly? :? :fp:

A4ez611CEAEl5G4.png
    Absolutely ridiculous!
    The fans are going to burn the place down if they don't overturn that awful call. :corn:
    Those umps are going to be hunted down if the Braves lose.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I walked in the house to see that play. What an awful call. Has the game resumed?
  • So if Atlanta wins the protest, do they come back tomorrow and play from that point in the game with 1 out and bases loaded?
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    Enkidu wrote:
    I walked in the house to see that play. What an awful call. Has the game resumed?

i'm a couple minutes behind, but yes it has
    So if Atlanta wins the protest, do they come back tomorrow and play from that point in the game with 1 out and bases loaded?

i hope so...

:lol::lol:
  • So if Atlanta wins the protest, do they come back tomorrow and play from that point in the game with 1 out and bases loaded?

Yes it would be like the pine tar game with the yanks
  • I just tuned it. What exactly happened? It seems like they had guys on 1st and 2nd and an infield fiy was called on a ball that fell between the left fielder and shortstop and Atlanta thinks it shouldn't have been called. Is that what happened?
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I'm a dumb girl right now, but how does the protest thing work?

Yes it would be like the pine tar game with the yanks
    So I would imagine game 1 1/2 should be tomorrow.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • Get a hit here, Chipper

Love,

A Phillies fan

(well not "love" but you get it)
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Enkidu wrote:
    MLB has 24 hours to make a ruling. If they rule in favor of the Braves, they have to replay the game from that point with the bases loaded and 1 out in the 8th inning.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    classy way the braves fans sent chipper out
  • norm wrote:
    classy way the braves fans sent chipper out

classy move by the ump to not call him out too because I thought the 1st baseman got his foot back on the bag. But you're not getting out of there alive if you call him out on a bang-bang play there.

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • Enkidu wrote:
    MLB has 24 hours to make a ruling. If they rule in favor of the Braves, they have to replay the game from that point with the bases loaded and 1 out in the 8th inning.

This is going to be a longshot, dont think the cardinals are going to stick around tonight and I doubt MLB will overturn this and make them fly back from Washington and play the same day.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,863
    at least we don't have to endure any more tomahawk chop chant.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • what a bizarre game. Seriously terrible call. Freddy is soft though...Bobby would have gotten tossed in under 10 seconds. Another heartbreaking season from the Bravos
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • And this one-game wild card thing sucks.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,424
    Horrible call, but there has surely been worse. Maybe it's a makeup call for the Denkinger call in the 85 series.

That place was loud as shit and either a dipshit fan or the ump's call pulled Kozma off that ball. He had it, but no way was it "ordinary effort".

Real classy of Atlanta fans. They should've been begging for a curtain call from Chipper after that last out, instead they shower the field with trash.

And speaking as a Cards fan, yes, the one game wild card stinks.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    So if Atlanta wins the protest, do they come back tomorrow and play from that point in the game with 1 out and bases loaded?
    probably finish it tonight if the call is reversed and it should be. im a die hard braves hater, obviously, but the braves got really royally screwed on that call. how the fuck is that an infield fly rule when both the holiday and the ss abandoned the ball? seriously that LF umpire should be done for umping the rest of the postseason.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

probably finish it tonight if the call is reversed and it should be. im a die hard braves hater, obviously, but the braves got really royally screwed on that call. how the fuck is that an infield fly rule when both the holiday and the ss abandoned the ball? seriously that LF umpire should be done for umping the rest of the postseason.
    It was probably one of the replacement refs.

This call is not going to be overturned but if it was there's no way they would play tonight, the Cards are boozing it up right now :lol:
    Newch91 wrote:
    It was probably one of the replacement refs.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

This call is not going to be overturned but if it was there's no way they would play tonight, the Cards are boozing it up right now :lol:
    oh shit totally forgot bout that part, lol . hope they don't go to any clubs in ATL or else it could get ugly.

• Protest has been denied.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,405
    162 game season decided by that.
    www.myspace.com
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,751
    And this one-game wild card thing sucks.

Yea, but now it's more important to win the Division(i like that part).
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,751
    Protest has been denied.

Are we really surprised?

I didn't think you could protest a judgement call?

I think it was a BAD call, but the Braves played like crap(3 E's).