MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    imalive wrote:
    A's interested in Manny :roll: . boy, has that franchise hit rock bottom.

only if they do this
    Billy beane call me would love to dh for you just give me a tryout that's all I ask
    https://twitter.com/#!/JoseCanseco/stat ... 6819828736
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    norm wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    A's interested in Manny :roll: . boy, has that franchise hit rock bottom.

only if they do this
    Billy beane call me would love to dh for you just give me a tryout that's all I ask
    https://twitter.com/#!/JoseCanseco/stat ... 6819828736

dude, you gotta get off the twitter :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    When it comes to the Houston Astros any major change to the franchise raises questions amongst the logo and uniform community about what they’ll do branding-wise when the change happens.

The Astros have had a history of introducing entirely new looks at moments such as these. The first time they moved into a new stadium they completely changed their name, when they moved again they nearly changed names once again before settling on merely radically changing their colour scheme and uniform style. Every time a new owner took over: change, change, change.

In 2012-13 the Astros will be experiencing both these events at the same time, I smell change a-comin’. I asked the Houston Astros this week about any plans to change their look to coincide with their league-jump next year, they said that a rebrand in time for 2013 was indeed possible. This came on the heels of new Astros owner, Jim Crane, mentioning he’d seek fan input on a new logo or uniforms.
    http://blogs.thescore.com/mlb/2012/01/1 ... -says-yes/
    sorry rob, but from twitter:

Sources: Lincecum 2-year deal with #SFGiants likely between $40M and $41M. Lincecum lowered $44M request to $41M. Giants offered $40M. #MLB
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Scott boras, ladies and gentleman. If this rumored deal is for real, well fucking done Scott and fielder
    And it is, wow. 9 years, $200 mil
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And it is, wow. 9 years, $200 mil

wow ... guess this news outdoes AA signing omar vizquel to a minor league deal ... :lol:

question is: who's gonna play first?
    edited January 2012
    This is absolutely insane. $214 mil and Prince will be playing first and Miggy is going to have to change roles. How happy could he be about that? Slightly different than a Hanley situation in my mind. Asking a 28 year old to be come a full time DH, espcially someone like Caberea is absolutely nuts.

Edit: I guess it's a pretty god damn good problem to have though. I just can't wrap my mind around it.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    tigers are gonna smash the ball out of the park next yr if their two young sluggers can co-exist.
    one an alcoholic and the other, a son of an alcoholic. and they play the same position no less.
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    ...and this is the contract that may render the Tigers irrelevant in about 2 years.
    DS1119 wrote:
    ...and this is the contract that may render the Tigers irrelevant in about 2 years.

I dont know about 2, they have 2 of the top 5 hitters in the game right now in their prime, but the back half of this contact could get bad, although it is only through his age 36 season. I am just really curious to see where the hell they play, expecially once Martinez comes back.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    DS1119 wrote:

I dont know about 2, they have 2 of the top 5 hitters in the game right now in their prime, but the back half of this contact could get bad, although it is only through his age 36 season. I am just really curious to see where the hell they play, expecially once Martinez comes back.

yea there's only 1 DH and 1B..
    either way they had to do this with losing V-Mart's bat. go tigers
  • Well at least he didn't sign with the cubs and is out of the N.L.

Thank you Prince for yr time in Milwaukee we will miss you.
  • Awful contract, but that Tigers lineup is going to be dangerous for the next 4-5 years with Prince and Cabrera.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/74947 ... orm-change

seriously???

first he moves the team to the AL...now he wants to change their name? :evil:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    mfc2006 wrote:
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7494785/new-houston-astros-owner-jim-crane-mulls-name-uniform-change

seriously???

it might or might not happen. but, they dont play in the astro dome nor do they play on astro turf anymore.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    mfc2006 wrote:
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/7494785/new-houston-astros-owner-jim-crane-mulls-name-uniform-change

seriously???

My vote is for Charros
    Davidtrios wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    seriously???

it might or might not happen. but, they dont play in the astro dome nor do they play on astro turf anymore.

i understand that.....
    as a lifelong fan, it just doesn't seem right to me
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:

seriously???

well mlb forced the move to the al...as for the rebranding...go old school and go with the colt 45's! :D
    opening day i want him to wear this

Aj89Js6CAAAQKa6.jpg
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    This is absolutely insane. $214 mil and Prince will be playing first and Miggy is going to have to change roles. How happy could he be about that? Slightly different than a Hanley situation in my mind. Asking a 28 year old to be come a full time DH, espcially someone like Caberea is absolutely nuts.

Edit: I guess it's a pretty god damn good problem to have though. I just can't wrap my mind around it.

As a tigers fan, im loving this move. Losing Martinez was going to be pretty hard to overcome. Now, not so much.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    norm wrote:
    well mlb forced the move to the al...as for the rebranding...go old school and go with the colt 45's! :D
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTx85JId1C5BtZtbZo-nbA1G9yAPF-nbQgCDg2eo75P3emKrjkM
    Jason P wrote:
    norm wrote:
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTx85JId1C5BtZtbZo-nbA1G9yAPF-nbQgCDg2eo75P3emKrjkM

:thumbup: :thumbup:
    sherm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

As a tigers fan, im loving this move. Losing Martinez was going to be pretty hard to overcome. Now, not so much.

No doubt, my follow up said you guys have 2 of the top 5 hitters in the game in your lineup in their prime. I just don't know what they'll do with Martinez once he comes back and it's pretty crazy that a player like Caberea is going to be relegated to DH.
  • I wouldn't be surprised if Cabrera moves to third. Hes alot more athletic than anyone outside of Detroit gives him credit for. Either way though, I'm absolutely stoked that the Tigers got Prince.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • shermsherm Posts: 708
    I wonder if theyre gonna try Cabrera at 3rd again. That didnt work so well the first time and he was pretty good in the field at first last season. Much improved.
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
    I can't see him at 3rd long term but maybe the 2 bats make up for the brutal defense at 3rd.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    wow...i'm suprised he went to detroit...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    norm wrote:

i know they forced the move...doesn't mean i have to like it! :D

i think Colt 45's would be the only name change that I could stomach...at least it's their original name.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com