MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    A third team has made a 10 year $200+ million offer perhaps
  • print up those playoff tickets Met fans:

In the last two hours, the Mets have signed Frank Francisco and Jon Rauch. They also have obtained Andres Torres and Ramon Ramirez for Angel Pagan.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    print up those playoff tickets Met fans:

In the last two hours, the Mets have signed Frank Francisco and Jon Rauch. They also have obtained Andres Torres and Ramon Ramirez for Angel Pagan.
    LOVE these moves alot

in sandy i trust
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:

LOVE these moves alot

in sandy i trust

I actually like them too. Despite his .220 batting average and being a few years older than Pagan, I like Torres. He was hurt last year but really impressed me during the 2010 season.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559

those two anchored the jays bullpen last year ... and we set like a record for blown saves i think ... enjoy them ... :shock:

although francisco was better in the latter half of the season ...
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I'll believe it when I see it but it's really starting to look it's the Marlins.

And just like that it may be heading back towards the Cards, where he should be.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I'll believe it when I see it but it's really starting to look it's the Marlins.

And just like that it may be heading back towards the Cards, where he should
    be.

There's no way in the world he signs with the Marlins...,he's using the Marlins as leverage to get as much as he can from the Cards. The money is too close to leave at this point.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The Padres acquired Huston Street from Colorado. The Rockies are trying to sign Brad Lidge to be their closer. I'm not sure what San Diego had to give up in the deal.
    The Padres acquired Huston Street from Colorado. The Rockies are trying to sign Brad Lidge to be their closer. I'm not sure what San Diego had to give up in the deal.

Player to be named later, it sounds like.
  • McCarver won the Ford Frick Award for excellence in broadcasting. Seriously?
  • I just checked this out on Twackle and they've fixed the link to show the real Heyman's tweets--but they still haven't figured out how to fix it so it doesn't show the fake Heyman's tweets from Tuesday, so anyone checking older posts will still think that's really him. :lol:
    I don't know what's up with Heyman but he's posting all sorts of odd updates and rumors. He also tweeted that the Marlins upped their offer to Pujols to 13 years and posted this tweet to Wilson and Beltran: "hey any rumors I can pass on as EXCLUSIVES? you want me to link you guys to the Yankees to boost $$$?"

And this one: "I think @HanleyRamirez needs to update his twitter to say 3B for the Miami Marlins, Jock strap holder to Jose Reyes."

I heard he's leaving si.com soon. Maybe he's just going out with a blaze of stupid glory.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    McCarver won the Ford Frick Award for excellence in broadcasting. Seriously?

tumblr_llgnxd1bvL1qzs5vj.gif
    Andy Martino is saying that it looks like he's going back to the Cards and the Marlins are turning their attention to Fielder.
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    Where are the Marlins getting all this ca$h? It's nice now, but boy are their hands going to be tied in 4 -5 years with these HUGE contracts.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
  • They're moving into a new stadium with a retractable roof so they're planning on a big attendance boost. I think they've also been profitable for the past few years and have been hoarding their money.
    CServant wrote:
    Where are the Marlins getting all this ca$h? It's nice now, but boy are their hands going to be tied in 4 -5 years with these HUGE contracts.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    metsfan wrote:

LOVE these moves alot

in sandy i trust
    what the fuck? did sandy slip something into brian sabean's drink?

the giants traded torres for the same guy.....and threw in a good bullpen arm :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The New York Daily News says the Marlins are supposedly out of the Pujols derby and expect him to sign with the Cardinals. They may turn their attention to Fielder now, after all.

Rollins is close to a deal to stay with the Phillies, according to Chris Singleton.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    The New York Daily News says the Marlins are supposedly out of the Pujols derby and expect him to sign with the Cardinals.
    push the money and years to ridiculous proportions.......and bail! :lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    The New York Daily News says the Marlins are supposedly out of the Pujols derby and expect him to sign with the Cardinals. They may turn their attention to Fielder now, after all.

Rollins is close to a deal to stay with the Phillies, according to Chris Singleton.

That was fun while it lasted. Looks like they have $220 million to dick around with, even though they wont spend it all. Pujols should be headed back where he blongs.
  • Look out, world! The Pirates signed Erik Bedard. I'd say the Marlins are only the Winter Meeting's 2nd-biggest winners now!
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,932
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The New York Daily News says the Marlins are supposedly out of the Pujols derby and expect him to sign with the Cardinals. They may turn their attention to Fielder now, after all.

That was fun while it lasted. Looks like they have $220 million to dick around with, even though they wont spend it all. Pujols should be headed back where he blongs.

This has to be that only Pujols was worth that amount of money because of the image he would've marketed to the Miami area. Because if they have that money then they should go after Prince, but they won't.
  • I agree with you 100%. Pujols is definitely worth more to Miami than Fielder in terms of marketing, but Fielder is the better long-term deal due to his age. They can probably get Fielder on an 8-year deal. I've heard conflicting reports about whther they're going to go after him now or not. One report says they will. Another says they'll go after pitching. Another says they'll go after him and a pitcher. My head hurts trying to sort it out.

Edit: Tom Verducci says the Marlins have made a 6-year offer to CJ Wilson. I think that's 2 years too many for a guy who only has 2 years as a starter under his belt. For their sake, I hope the last 2 years are options of some sort.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

This has to be that only Pujols was worth that amount of money because of the image he would've marketed to the Miami area. Because if they have that money then they should go after Prince, but they won't.
  • The Marlins are putting Hanley Ramirez on the trading block. I hope he gets traded to a team with no hope of contending like Houston or Pittsburgh. The dummy should have just shut him mouth and played 3B for a potential contender while collecting his $11.66 million ever year. Unfortunately, I don't think Houston or Pittsburgh would be in the market for him so it's more likely that he'll wind up on a better team that needs a SS and has a 3B, starting pitcher, or good prospects to send to Miami.
    The Marlins are putting Hanley Ramirez on the trading block. I hope he gets traded to a team with no hope of contending like Houston or Pittsburgh. The dummy should have just shut him mouth and played 3B for a potential contender while collecting his $11.66 million ever year. Unfortunately, I don't think Houston or Pittsburgh would be in the market for him so it's more likely that he'll wind up on a better team that needs a SS and has a 3B, starting pitcher, or good prospects to send to Miami.

Owner said this isn't the case so who knows. Saw both reports.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,404
    The Marlins are putting Hanley Ramirez on the trading block. I hope he gets traded to a team with no hope of contending like Houston or Pittsburgh. The dummy should have just shut him mouth and played 3B for a potential contender while collecting his $11.66 million ever year. Unfortunately, I don't think Houston or Pittsburgh would be in the market for him so it's more likely that he'll wind up on a better team that needs a SS and has a 3B, starting pitcher, or good prospects to send to Miami.

hahaha

i knew something like this would happen. what a dope
    www.myspace.com
    God damn. 4 years and $58 for Buherle. Dude throws 85.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Agreed, Fielder is a much better signing long term. Pitching and Fielder would be a lot better than Pujols, regardless of how great he is.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    God damn. 4 years and $58 for Buherle. Dude throws 85.
    Horrible
    imalive wrote:
    metsfan wrote:

LOVE these moves alot

in sandy i trust
    what the fuck? did sandy slip something into brian sabean's drink?

the giants traded torres for the same guy.....and threw in a good bullpen arm :x
    it was more bout getting the arm and getting rid of a locker room cancer. pagan wasn't well liked in the clubhouse and was in terry collins doghouse all season. hes a great player when he wants to show up.