MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745 wrote:
    But wasn't Pujols born here, or at least raised here - outside KC or something?

From the DR, think he moved here in HS, somewhere like that.

Birthers... :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    But wasn't Pujols born here, or at least raised here - outside KC or something?

From the DR, think he moved here in HS, somewhere like that.

Birthers... :lol:

:lol::lol: I want to see a birth certificate!
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

first time in my life I've been to twitter :lol:

who the fuck is clark spencer? :shock:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Marlins President David Samson says there will not be a free agent deal signed that includes a no-trade clause. I don't know if that means they're out of the Pujols derby or not, but it certainly makes it sound a little less likely than it did earlier today.
  • imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The only thing about twitter that's worth anything is Old Hoss Radbourne. I was gonna get an account just to follow him, but never got around to it.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Marlins President David Samson says there will not be a free agent deal signed that includes a no-trade clause. I don't know if that means they're out of the Pujols derby or not, but it certainly makes it sound a little less likely than it did earlier today.

He's gonna end up in St Louis. I wonder if the Marlins will turn their attention to Fielder if they lose out?
    imalive wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Someone who doesn't knwo what he's talking about it looks like. :lol:

I enjoy Twitter solely for baseball rumors. That is all I have ever used it for.
  • I don't think they will. I think they'll try to sign either Buehrle or Wilson. They said they're willing to go over $100 million in payroll "if it means signing Pujols." That tells me that they don't value Fielder as highly and won't push their payroll that high for him. They could sign Buehrle or Wilson (assuming Wilson and his agent stop living in a fantasy world where he's Halladay or CC and realize that he's not getting anything close to his asking price) for much less than Pujols or Fielder, so they could still make another upgrade without going over $100 million.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Marlins President David Samson says there will not be a free agent deal signed that includes a no-trade clause. I don't know if that means they're out of the Pujols derby or not, but it certainly makes it sound a little less likely than it did earlier today.

He's gonna end up in St Louis. I wonder if the Marlins will turn their attention to Fielder if they lose out?
    I don't think they will. I think they'll try to sign either Buehrle or Wilson. They said they're willing to go over $100 million in payroll "if it means signing Pujols." That tells me that they don't value Fielder as highly and won't push their payroll that high for him. They could sign Buehrle or Wilson (assuming Wilson and his agent stop living in a fantasy world where he's Halladay or CC and realize that he's not getting anything close to his asking price) for much less than Pujols or Fielder, so they could still make another upgrade without going over $100 million.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, that definitely makes more sense. And they certainly need more pitching.
  • I don't know what's up with Heyman but he's posting all sorts of odd updates and rumors. He also tweeted that the Marlins upped their offer to Pujols to 13 years and posted this tweet to Wilson and Beltran: "hey any rumors I can pass on as EXCLUSIVES? you want me to link you guys to the Yankees to boost $$$?"

And this one: "I think @HanleyRamirez needs to update his twitter to say 3B for the Miami Marlins, Jock strap holder to Jose Reyes."

I heard he's leaving si.com soon. Maybe he's just going out with a blaze of stupid glory.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't know what's up with Heyman but he's posting all sorts of odd updates and rumors. He also tweeted that the Marlins upped their offer to Pujols to 13 years and posted this tweet to Wilson and Beltran: "hey any rumors I can pass on as EXCLUSIVES? you want me to link you guys to the Yankees to boost $$$?"

And this one: "I think @HanleyRamirez needs to update his twitter to say 3B for the Miami Marlins, Jock strap holder to Jose Reyes."

I heard he's leaving si.com soon. Maybe he's just going out with a blaze of stupid glory.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The real Heyman is saying this? I think there are a couple fake Heyman ones out there.
  • This is the real Heyman unless someone stole his phone. Maybe he's drunk, who knows? I found his tweets through si.com's Twackle page.

http://www.twackle.com/MLB/Jon-Heyman_1/tweets
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't know what's up with Heyman but he's posting all sorts of odd updates and rumors. He also tweeted that the Marlins upped their offer to Pujols to 13 years and posted this tweet to Wilson and Beltran: "hey any rumors I can pass on as EXCLUSIVES? you want me to link you guys to the Yankees to boost $$$?"

Cliffy6745 wrote:

The real Heyman is saying this? I think there are a couple fake Heyman ones out there.
    Well this is pretty awesome if SI is linking to that because here is his real account, the one I have been following at least. I would like the jackass a lot more if the other were really his, hopefully it is.

http://twitter.com/#!/Jon_Heyman

I think he used to be SI Jon Heyman, not sure when that changed. That is really funny though. The fake one is actually ranking in the organic search results ahead of the real one. That's great.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,932
    Heyman went to CBS so that would make sense if it's not in his username anymore.
    Heyman went to CBS so that would make sense if it's not in his username anymore.

Ahh, yeah, there you go. And I like to see that someone put his old name to good use. That is great. Especially about connecting them to the Yankees to help them get more money. Boras has never had him do that. :lol:
  • What's really weird is that up until yesterday the tweets from SI_JonHeyman were perfectly normal and appear legitimate, including one where he announces that he's joining CBS Sports next week. At 4:48 PM yesterday he was still tweeting legitimate-looking updates from that account. The post about Ramirez holding Reyes's jock strap was "about 24 hours ago." Then there were a few more posts that look normal, then the Pujols 13-year offer tweet. I wonder if he changed accounts at the end of the day and someone else stole it?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Well this is pretty awesome if SI is linking to that because here is his real account, the one I have been following at least. I would like the jackass a lot more if the other were really his, hopefully it is.

I think he used to be SI Jon Heyman, not sure when that changed. That is really funny though. The fake one is actually ranking in the organic search results ahead of the real one. That's great.
    What's really weird is that up until yesterday the tweets from SI_JonHeyman were perfectly normal and appear legitimate, including one where he announces that he's joining CBS Sports next week. At 4:48 PM yesterday he was still tweeting legitimate-looking updates from that account. The post about Ramirez holding Reyes's jock strap was "about 24 hours ago." Then there were a few more posts that look normal, then the Pujols 13-year offer tweet. I wonder if he changed accounts at the end of the day and someone else stole it?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Gotta be. Someone is clearly on top of their game (and has way too much time on their hands) if that is that case. That is all kinds of awesome.
    Ruh roh, Hanley told the Marlins he doesn't want to play 3rd base.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Is that from Jon Heyman? :lol:

Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... hird-base/
  • I always wonder what goes through a player's head when he's coming off an awful season and thinks he can dictate how his team uses him. I hate Ozzie Guillen but I loved his quote when asked about Ramirez:
    "I told him, what are you going to do? Go home and leave [$43.5] million on the table?"' Guillen said. "He wants to win, and he understands that whatever we do is because we want to win. I told him, 'Look, can you imagine hitting behind Reyes and [Emilio] Bonifacio with Pujols behind you? Or Mike Stanton? With those rabbits on base that's a perfect place to hit.'
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/w ... =hp_t11_a2
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

:lol:

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... hird-base/
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    hanely refusing to play third is the best thing that could happen to the marlins. he is a terrible infielder. hanley and stanton in the corners is a terrifying thought as a phils fan.

florida should forget about pujols and leave morrison at first. that dude rakes. they need pitching, not more offense
    Sounds like we should be getting a decision tonight.
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,170
    What Hanley needs to understand he's no longer the big dog with Reyes on board and even more so if Pujols is aboard too.

Shut up and play the Marlins have won before and can win again. You don't necessarily must have more pitching look at the Phillies failure with loads of pitchers.

Balance or load up on offense got to fill that new stadium. I'll make it to a few games even though it's a drive to get there.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The real jon heyman got pissed at me one time when i tweeted to him that his Boras bias was showing when he tried to say that JD Drew is a tough guy, much tougher than people give him credit for. i actually like heyman, but it is so obvious Boras tips him off in exchange for glowing, fawning reports from Heyman for Boras clients
    The real jon heyman got pissed at me one time when i tweeted to him that his Boras bias was showing when he tried to say that JD Drew is a tough guy, much tougher than people give him credit for. i actually like heyman, but it is so obvious Boras tips him off in exchange for glowing, fawning reports from Heyman for Boras clients

He gets really defensive about that stuff.
    I'll believe it when I see it but it's really starting to look it's the Marlins.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    466157978.png?Expires=1323223571&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=OuWjmh4zFY2q5~mbgIM1i8FaGlZs9oG~U359X6hp2PHglWzSFio9EbR4819aK~PzD9otVH9n9eXMxtjr-SuGcPo~aVvQo5d14tr9hGSAY4amCMOlxedVFkdN0Wa5ghDE2ligm~--0wam4Cw89ouyjK-Xy9V31zzguu0tdfBbNxw_
    norm wrote:
    466157978.png?Expires=1323223571&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIYVGSUJFNRFZBBTA&Signature=OuWjmh4zFY2q5~mbgIM1i8FaGlZs9oG~U359X6hp2PHglWzSFio9EbR4819aK~PzD9otVH9n9eXMxtjr-SuGcPo~aVvQo5d14tr9hGSAY4amCMOlxedVFkdN0Wa5ghDE2ligm~--0wam4Cw89ouyjK-Xy9V31zzguu0tdfBbNxw_

So strange