MLB 2024 Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    God damn, Rays. Those fuckers know what they're doing

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... m-options/
  • Yeah, that's a good deal for both sides. Moore gets more money now than he would have otherwise and the Rays won't owe him very much if he winds up being a bust--and if he's good they have some of his arbitration years locked up at much less than he would have received.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, that's a good deal for both sides. Moore gets more money now than he would have otherwise and the Rays won't owe him very much if he winds up being a bust--and if he's good they have some of his arbitration years locked up at much less than he would have received.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he definitely gets a bunch of security, $14 million of security but it could really turn into a bargain if this kid turns out like he is projected to. Good for them.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,929
    Dude throws 98 with ease...

Yeah, he's really good.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he's really good.

That team's not going anywhere. Well, they might go somewhere, but not in the standings.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21;
    Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he's really good.

That team's not going anywhere. Well, they might go somewhere, but not in the standings.

Yeah, just a tough division for them to be in but they really have to be one of if not the smartest team in baseball. Between their scouting and their ability to pull off this kind of deal, its pretty impressive.
    norm wrote:

HA, that is awesome. I saw a gif of it yesterday. The only way that could get better is if it were Jon Heyman.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

great move on the angels part...kinda came out of nowhere but that just increases the value of the dodgers tv deal
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

great move on the angels part...kinda came out of nowhere but that just increases the value of the dodgers tv deal

Yeah, definitely. I heard they had a new TV deal but didn't realize it was that big. Definitely helps the Dodgers deal. Will that get done after the team is sold?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Will that get done after the team is sold?

not sure...the bankrupcy judge ruled that McCunt can sell the rights before selling the team...fox is gonna appeal that...it's all really confusing
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

not sure...the bankrupcy judge ruled that McCunt can sell the rights before selling the team...fox is gonna appeal that...it's all really confusing

Yeah, I haven't been able to follow that part of it all that much. Would imagine the new owner would like to negotiate the new contract, if possible.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I haven't been able to follow that part of it all that much. Would imagine the new owner would like to negotiate the new contract, if possible.

i read that cuban and magic's group want to control the tv rights sale to finance the purchase of the team...or something like that
    norm wrote:

i read that cuban and magic's group want to control the tv rights sale to finance the purchase of the team...or something like that

Makes sense.
    norm wrote:

Confusing. I don't completely follow how that is in the best interest of the Dodgers, I get how it's in the best interest of the creditors but not necessarly the Dodgers.
  • I'd say the Rays are ahead of Boston right now. The Sox haven't done anything to improve their team so far unless you consider replacing Francona with Valentine an improvement. They lost their closer and haven't replaced him yet. The Rays have a solid rotation and it will be even better if Moore is with the team all year and is anywhere near as good as the scouts say he is. If they find decent players to plug in at SS and 1B they'll have a solid lineup. It won't be as good as the Yankees or Red Sox but they'll have a decent lineup with some excellent young pitching. As a Yankees fan I'm more concerned with the Rays next year than the Red Sox.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he's really good.

Yeah, just a tough division for them to be in but they really have to be one of if not the smartest team in baseball. Between their scouting and their ability to pull off this kind of deal, its pretty impressive.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

Confusing. I don't completely follow how that is in the best interest of the Dodgers, I get how it's in the best interest of the creditors but not necessarly the Dodgers.

as long as it is in McCunts interest, nothing else matters :roll:
    I'd say the Rays are ahead of Boston right now. The Sox haven't done anything to improve their team so far unless you consider replacing Francona with Valentine an improvement. They lost their closer and haven't replaced him yet. The Rays have a solid rotation and it will be even better if Moore is with the team all year and is anywhere near as good as the scouts say he is. If they find decent players to plug in at SS and 1B they'll have a solid lineup. It won't be as good as the Yankees or Red Sox but they'll have a decent lineup with some excellent young pitching. As a Yankees fan I'm more concerned with the Rays next year than the Red Sox.

I don't know. That's a tough one. I assume Boston will end up with Madson, I think that's pretty much a given. Boston has some good front end pitching but it is really weak besides that. As of right now they are relying on the Aceves (god damn I hate he's wearing a Boston jersey) as their 4th starter. But their offense is still really really good.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I'd say the Rays are ahead of Boston right now. The Sox haven't done anything to improve their team so far unless you consider replacing Francona with Valentine an improvement. They lost their closer and haven't replaced him yet. The Rays have a solid rotation and it will be even better if Moore is with the team all year and is anywhere near as good as the scouts say he is. If they find decent players to plug in at SS and 1B they'll have a solid lineup. It won't be as good as the Yankees or Red Sox but they'll have a decent lineup with some excellent young pitching. As a Yankees fan I'm more concerned with the Rays next year than the Red Sox.

I don't know. That's a tough one. I assume Boston will end up with Madson, I think that's pretty much a given. Boston has some good front end pitching but it is really weak besides that. As of right now they are relying on the Aceves (god damn I hate he's wearing a Boston jersey) as their 4th starter. But their offense is still really really good.

they got bard ... they don't need a closer ... they just need to stay reasonably healthy ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

they got bard ... they don't need a closer ... they just need to stay reasonably healthy ...

Yeah, that's true, but I don't think they are neessarily comfortable with that. There was talk about him starting too. I think they'll gladly take Madson for Bell money, assume that's where it's at with the dried up market.
  • Bard was terrible down the stretch. I know they viewed him as a potential closer at one point but I don't know if they have that same level of confidence in him after last year. 9 losses for a reliever isn't very good. He's also got a career ERA of 3.97 away from Fenway. If they are counting on him to close, they need a new 8th-inning guy and need it to be someone who can take over as the closer if he falters. If they don't have a reliable closer and don't get a nice rebound year from Crawford, I could see Toronto catching up with them if they make a couple good moves this offseason. From what I hear, Beckett doesn't like Valentine and Valentine has already made a point of letting people know that he called Beckett and left a message but he hadn't heard back from him. Valentine needs to smack the brat behavior right out of him if he wants to fix the dysfunction in the locker room.
    polaris_x wrote:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Bard was terrible down the stretch. I know they viewed him as a potential closer at one point but I don't know if they have that same level of confidence in him after last year. 9 losses for a reliever isn't very good. He's also got a career ERA of 3.97 away from Fenway. If they are counting on him to close, they need a new 8th-inning guy and need it to be someone who can take over as the closer if he falters. If they don't have a reliable closer and don't get a nice rebound year from Crawford, I could see Toronto catching up with them if they make a couple good moves this offseason. From what I hear, Beckett doesn't like Valentine and Valentine has already made a point of letting people know that he called Beckett and left a message but he hadn't heard back from him. Valentine needs to smack the brat behavior right out of him if he wants to fix the dysfunction in the locker room.
    polaris_x wrote:

yeah ... his september was bad ... basically had an era of like 2 up until then ... maybe his arm got tired ... not sure ... but it does look like madson is gonna come down in price ...

i'm hoping toronto can get darvish ...
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,861
    a) the 2012 Giants lineup is only a tad less abysmal than last year....but Buster will be back.

b) the feds want Bonds to do 15 months in PRISON. Really :? :shock: ? yeah, he caused a lot more harm than any of those wall street fucks you haven't done a thing to prosecute. :x
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

edited December 2011
    Ryan Braun has tested positive for PED's
    Post edited by norm on
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,725
    norm wrote:
    Ryan Braun has tested positive for steroids

yep just saw on ESPN :roll:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    norm wrote:
    Ryan Braun has tested positive for steroids

Yup, life as a Cubs fan in Milwaukee just got a hell of a lot easier, WOW!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14