MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Aren't the nl and legion the only leagues in the world that dont use the dh? The chances of the al changing is less than zero.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    Newch91 wrote:
    I'm sure you NL fans like the DH when it's interleague play or the World Series.
    I sure didn't like it in 2002, when our DH choices were shawon dunston or shinjo :shock: :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Aren't the nl and legion the only leagues in the world that dont use the dh? The chances of the al changing is less than zero.
    And I hope it stays at zero. It sucks when your best pitcher gets hurt for the rest of the year during interleague play.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And I hope it stays at zero. It sucks when your best pitcher gets hurt for the rest of the year during interleague play.
    when did that ever happen?

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    imalive wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    2008, when the Yankees played a game in Houston and Chien Ming Wang got hurt and was out for the rest of the season with a right foot injury while running the bases.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Newch91 wrote:
    2008, when the Yankees played a game in Houston and Chien Ming Wang got hurt and was out for the rest of the season with a right foot injury while running the bases.

Finally back in the big leagues. Hoping to see him do well with the Nats
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:

Finally back in the big leagues. Hoping to see him do well with the Nats
    Yep. That hurt the Yankees that season when he got hurt.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Newch91 wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    Newch91 wrote:
    :lol::lol::lol:
    yeah pitchers are going down left and right all over the nl because they have to fucking hit. what? :? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    yeah pitchers are going down left and right all over the nl because they have to fucking hit. what? :? :lol:

Freak injury and it sucks. Essentially ruined the guys career and it's unnecessary.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

pretty sure legion has the dh. just because they do and other leagues in foreign countries have it doesn't make it right (there's only 2 leagues in the world that really matter anyway ;) )

i don't think anyone expects them to get rid of it. that was just wishful thinking on johnny's part.

but the day the dh comes to the national league will be a very sad day for this sport.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Freak injury and it sucks. Essentially ruined the guys career and it's unnecessary.

baseball with a dh is the equivalent to a genetically mutated fish that has 4 heads or something.

yeah, real unnecessary for a pitcher to have to run the bases
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

baseball with a dh is the equivalent to a genetically mutated fish that has 4 heads or something.

yeah, real unnecessary for a pitcher to have to run the bases

No real need to get into it again, but it really brings nothing to get game. OHHHH, a manager pulls a double switch. Fucking fascinating.

Pitchers get paid millions to pitch, that's all.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    hitting is part of the game of baseball

period.

if all nine players are not hitting and fielding you are not playing baseball
    norm wrote:
    hitting is part of the game of baseball

period.

if all nine players are not hitting and fielding you are not playing baseball

bingo.....part of the beauty of baseball is it's imperfection.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

pretty sure legion has the dh. just because they do and other leagues in foreign countries have it doesn't make it right (there's only 2 leagues in the world that really matter anyway ;) )

i don't think anyone expects them to get rid of it. that was just wishful thinking on johnny's part.

but the day the dh comes to the national league will be a very sad day for this sport.

I didn't think legion does but you could be right. I thought they played by the original rules of baseball or some shit like that.

Point is, if everyone in the world aside from the few hundred people who randomly play in the national league use the dh and are used to it. Maybe there's something to it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I didn't think legion does but you could be right. I thought they played by the original rules of baseball or some shit like that.

Point is, if everyone in the world aside from the few hundred people who randomly play in the national league use the dh and are used to it. Maybe there's something to it.

if the rest of the world jumped off a bridge, would you?

sorry but that's a weak argument dude. i don't give a shit that japan has the dh. :lol:
    www.myspace.com

sorry but that's a weak argument dude. i don't give a shit that japan has the dh. :lol:

The point is, it's the way baseball is played now. And I'm not only talking about Japan, I am talking about every American who doesn't play in the National League.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

The point is, it's the way baseball is played now. And I'm not only talking about Japan, I am talking about every American who doesn't play in the National League.

something like 30 million people watch american idol every week and that form of entertainment is still garbage to me.

the national league is baseball in it's purest sense. the way it was meant to be played.
    www.myspace.com
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

something like 30 million people watch american idol every week and that form of entertainment is still garbage to me.

the national league is baseball in it's purest sense. the way it was meant to be played.

Oh, the trusty American Idol argument. Haha, you get used to that one on a Pearl Jam message board. :lol:

Fine, it's pure, I agree, but things change. Change in baseball is something I am fully aware of you not being a fan of. Like I said, it's the way the game is played now, pitchers get paid to pitch and are generally horrible hitters now which bring nothing to the game offensively. We can go in circles all day. Penn State game is on and calling for my concentration. Am sure this will come up again in 6 hours.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Oh, the trusty American Idol argument. Haha, you get used to that one on a Pearl Jam message board. :lol:

Fine, it's pure, I agree, but things change. Change in baseball is something I am fully aware of you not being a fan of. Like I said, it's the way the game is played now, pitchers get paid to pitch and are generally horrible hitters now which bring nothing to the game offensively. We can go in circles all day. Penn State game is on and calling for my concentration. Am sure this will come up again in 6 hours.

if the change is good, i'm all for it. if its change that cheapens the overal quality of the game, i'm not for it.

and it's not the way the game is played now. the only 2 leagues in the world that matter are the nl and al and its only in one of those leagues....a genetically mutated league at that.

tell cliff lee that pitchers are only paid to pitch :mrgreen:

worst rule in sports.
    www.myspace.com
    Newch91 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

forgot about that. forgot about wang.

Go Wang!! :mrgreen:

but, as pointed out, my guys do it all year without hurting themselves.

they also hit for about the team average. :roll: :evil:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • I knew Cliffy would bring up the pitcher who couldn't run the bases. :roll: :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I knew Cliffy would bring up the pitcher who couldn't run the bases. :roll: :lol:

I didn't
  • imalive wrote:
    they also hit for about the team average. :roll: :evil:
    :lol::lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    are the cardinals now in the conversation? god, I hope not.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Here we go.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... o-epstein/

I could be wrong but I just don't see it.
  • I've been following the "Kiss 'Em Goodbye" series on espn.com. There's a "Bold Move" paragraph for each team written by ex-GM Jim Bowden. So far I believe 3 teams' "Bold Move" has been "Sign Prince Fielder." (Orioles, Nationals & Mariners) Can't believe that guy isn't working as a GM anymore. :lol:

Seriously, I'm sure having Prince improve your team from 67 wins to 71 wins will be very helpful in the long run. :roll:

I've been following the "Kiss 'Em Goodbye" series on espn.com. There's a "Bold Move" paragraph for each team written by ex-GM Jim Bowden. So far I believe 3 teams' "Bold Move" has been "Sign Prince Fielder." (Orioles, Nationals & Mariners) Can't believe that guy isn't working as a GM anymore. :lol:

Seriously, I'm sure having Prince improve your team from 67 wins to 71 wins will be very helpful in the long run. :roll:
    Prince wouldn't do much for any of those 3 teams you mention....67 to 71 wins, as you said....love to see "the smartest man in baseball" (showalter) :roll: flame out again.

on the other hand, Prince might be just what the giants need... :mrgreen:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14