MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Uggla isn't going to the hall of fame unless they have a criteria for guys whose last name starts with a U and ends with a vowel. Even if he went 1-for-5 in 56 straight games, it would still be a noteworthy accomplishment just because of the other good hitters in the Hall of Fame besides DiMaggio who haven't been able to do it.

that would be a bigger fluke than the giants winnning it all last year
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    Uggla isn't going to the hall of fame unless they have a criteria for guys whose last name starts with a U and ends with a vowel. Even if he went 1-for-5 in 56 straight games, it would still be a noteworthy accomplishment just because of the other good hitters in the Hall of Fame besides DiMaggio who haven't been able to do it.

agreed.

i don't quite get all the hate. eh, whatever... he went 0-3 today.
    www.myspace.com
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Nobody is breaking the JOE D streak EVER
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    what happens if jeter was close to breaking or another yankee? would yankee fans be so up defensive bout this streak?
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359

Doubt it. Joltin Joe is a hero to all Italian-Americans. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    It'll undoubtedly be broken someday, but it's definitely one of the toughest milestones.
    metsfan wrote:
    what happens if jeter was close to breaking or another yankee? would yankee fans be so up defensive bout this streak?

That's a different story...another yankee would be the only acceptable streak breaker :lol:

But honestly I don't think anyone is breaking it anytime soon
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

Plus he is an Italian..another great reason the steak should never be broken 8-)
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560

He's the reason my family and I are Yankee fans. 8-)
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

Plus he is an Italian..another great reason the steak should never be broken 8-)

...relax, it's only sports.
    www.myspace.com

...relax, it's only sports.

no shit sherlock...we're just expressing our love for our heritage

i didn't even know he had a streak till it hit 30 :lol:

he's going to end up with better offensive numbers than most of the current HOF 2nd basemen. his batting average and glove are going to hold him back.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I'm also happy Uggla's hitting streak was not the longest by a 2B who's name starts with U. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I'm also happy Uggla's hitting streak was not the longest by a 2B who's name starts with U. :lol:

Ok, I see Chase Utley actually has the longest hitting streak by any 2B - tied with Luis Castillo :? . (35 games)

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    Wow, the Marlins sure know how to piss every one of their young players off. When everyone has an issue with ownership, maybe it's about time to look in the mirror.

Might be some pretty good players on the maket before too long.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Wow, the Marlins sure know how to piss every one of their young players off. When everyone has an issue with ownership, maybe it's about time to look in the mirror.

They are such a terribly run organization. I would never buy season tixx from that team.

Cliffy6745 wrote:

They are such a terribly run organization. I would never buy season tixx from that team.

Never. It's horrible. I would be pretty amusing if Hanley and Morrison both asked out, although I can't imagine them trading Morrison no matter how much they dislike his personality.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Never. It's horrible. I would be pretty amusing if Hanley and Morrison both asked out, although I can't imagine them trading Morrison no matter how much they dislike his personality.

I work with a guy who is a diehard Marlins fan. He has had season tickets since day-1. The last two seasons he has slowly sold off most tickets, or cut back his seat amount. I think he bought half a season last year, and half a season this year and split it with a friend. Nobody goes to the games, and I honestly cant see the new stadium making too much of a difference (hope i'm wrong) if the business aspects keep pissing off the fans.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think morrison is awesome. As a hitter he reminds me of utley (though he hasn't had the best year).

jack mckeon just seems like a bitter old man. I don't see the point of having him involved. That team is a disaster. Way to build momentum going into the new stadium idiots
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    as a lifelong Astros fan, this season has been beyond brutal.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think morrison is awesome. As a hitter he reminds me of utley (though he hasn't had the best year).

jack mckeon just seems like a bitter old man. I don't see the point of having him involved. That team is a disaster. Way to build momentum going into the new stadium idiots

I haven't seen him play much but he's only in his second season. Stats are up and down, it will all come together.

Yeah, I don't know. Was a strange replacement for this year. It's only a matter of time before Ozzie though, right?
    I work with a guy who is a diehard Marlins fan. He has had season tickets since day-1. The last two seasons he has slowly sold off most tickets, or cut back his seat amount. I think he bought half a season last year, and half a season this year and split it with a friend. Nobody goes to the games, and I honestly cant see the new stadium making too much of a difference (hope i'm wrong) if the business aspects keep pissing off the fans.

That's terrible. Really too bad. Hopefully the stadium helps out a bit. Some exciting young players too, it's a shame their management is such a disaster.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It's only a matter of time before Ozzie though, right?

now that would be worth the price of admission. a manager that speaks his mind and an owner that likes to control everyone :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    It's only a matter of time before Ozzie though, right?

now that would be worth the price of admission. a manager that speaks his mind and an owner that likes to control everyone :lol:

For sure. It never seemed like a great fit to me but they have been saying it for years. Should be fun, if it happens.
    I love the though of guillen getting to manage against harper 19 times (or whatever the number is) times a year. That would be tremendous
    The Fixer wrote:
    I love the though of guillen getting to manage against harper 19 times (or whatever the number is) times a year. That would be tremendous

Ha, yeah, thats good for a few bruises a year. Did you see the walk off shot he hit the other day?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dPgkXG4gx0

Right around the 2 minute mark.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Ha, yeah, thats good for a few bruises a year. Did you see the walk off shot he hit the other day?

Holy fuck. That was a BOMB.

He's still a douche
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Holy fuck. That was a BOMB.

He's still a douche

Yeah. man. That is about as far as you can hit a baseball.

No doubt, fucker can hit though.
    mfc2006 wrote:
    as a lifelong Astros fan, this season has been beyond brutal.

as a phillies fan, i say "thank you, again."
    www.myspace.com