MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    tcaporale wrote:
    Interesting article on the Blue Jays allegedly stealing signs: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... ers-centre

where is the video of the white shirt guy?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    tcaporale wrote:
    Interesting article on the Blue Jays allegedly stealing signs: http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/ ... ers-centre
    It wouldn't surprise me. With the lack of people in the stands it would be easy to spot the guy to.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,723
    31 for uggla. This is suprising

Edit: And damn. This isn't one of those 1-4 every night streaks.

.345/.402/.689/1.091. That's one hell of a 30 game streak.
  • Uggla up to 31 games
    We were but stones your light made us stars
    tcaporale wrote:
    It wouldn't surprise me. With the lack of people in the stands it would be easy to spot the guy to.

Blue Jays fans and players had some fun with the allegations during Wednesday’s game. Several fans in the outfield seats wore white shirts, with one holding a sign that read “FASTBALL.” Another a few rows back held one that read “I’m stealing your signs.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... alingsigns

:lol::lol:

was it toronto that had the two fans dressed as umps that were calling strikes/outs etc??? that was some funny shit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    tcaporale wrote:

Blue Jays fans and players had some fun with the allegations during Wednesday’s game. Several fans in the outfield seats wore white shirts, with one holding a sign that read “FASTBALL.” Another a few rows back held one that read “I’m stealing your signs.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... alingsigns

:lol::lol:

was it toronto that had the two fans dressed as umps that were calling strikes/outs etc??? that was some funny shit

Yeah, all season. Came down to Yankee stadium and all. They were dedicated. No one talks about it but Toronto has some pretty brutal fans.
    speaking of toronto fans

fatornotfat.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    and the toronto umps on the road in washington.

fake-umps2-425aj062009.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rumor is, it was the white sox jose was jawing with......
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    81 wrote:
    speaking of toronto fans

fatornotfat.jpg
    she's hot :oops:
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

81 wrote:
    speaking of toronto fans

fatornotfat.jpg

Thats funny. A few years ago some dudes had a stripper in the hotel there, right up in the window and all, they caught it on TV.
    81 wrote:
    and the toronto umps on the road in washington.

fake-umps2-425aj062009.jpg

Thats awesome. They saw a lot of baseball that year.
    TORONTO (UPI) -- Some baseball fans think the Toronto Blue Jays'
    retractable roof SkyDome home should be renamed SexDome after fans
    watched a couple make love in a hotel suite that overlooks the playing
    field.
    Tuesday night, during the team's 4-3 loss to the Seattle Mariners,
    those with binoculars could see an older man and a buxom, blond woman
    having sex in their suite.
    Although the lights in the suite were off, the couple's room was
    illuminated by a bank of television lights in the SkyDome.
    The incident Tuesday follows one several weeks ago where a male
    guest in the hotel, built into the SkyDome itself, masturbated in the
    window of his suite in front of thousands of Blue Jays fans.
    Police went to his room but no charges were filed because he
    thought the window was fitted with one-way glass, SkyDome spokesman
    David Garrick said.
    ``A lot of the guests think it's one-way glass,'' Garrick said.
    ``We're looking at putting tent cards in the rooms telling them
    it's not and getting them to sign waivers when they book in,'' Garrick
    said.
    Garrick said such behavior isn't condoned because ``we bill SkyDome
    as a family place.''
    The SkyDome -- Toronto's $500 million sports and entertainment
    facility opened last spring with the world's first fully retractable
    roof -- has a 350-suite hotel built into its north end. About 70 of the
    suites, which cost more than $600 a night during peak periods, overlook
    the playing field.
    Garrick said the couple had finished by the time police arrived
    Tuesday. Garrick said he didn't know if police told the couple what many
    in the crowd had seen.
    Metro Toronto police Sgt. Brad Brigham said people who perform sex
    acts in SkyDome hotel suites witnessed by those in the stands could face
    criminal charges of performing an indecent act, which carries a maximum
    penalty of six months in jail and or a $2,000 fine.
    However, to be convicted, the accused would have to be intending to
    offend those they knew were watching, Brigham said
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i totally what to go to toronto for a game now....well, except for the masterbation dude. :lol:

Blue%20Jays%20Topless%20Woman(3).jpg
    •May 1990 - During a Blue Jays game, hotel security and police throw out a man who was seen masturbating behind a hotel room window that overlooked the baseball diamond. Police said the man thought he was behind a one-way window. (Ooops!)

•May 1990 - A couple has sex in one of the 70 hotel rooms overlooking a ball game attended by 55,000 fans. The couple -- who apparently weren't aware they could be seen with the lights off -- were "mortified." The incident received media attention around the world, including five minutes on The Arsenio Hall Show.

•May 1995 - In front of 40,000 fans, a couple has sex in a chair right next to the window overlooking the field during the 7th inning of a Jays-Royals match. The couple were seen right above the then-Jumbotron (now the Rogers Centre videoboard)

•May 1996 - At a Jays-Red Sox game attended by 31,000 fans, a couple puts on what reporters dubbed a "20-minute sex show." Hotel staff consider making waivers more explicit, and even installing one-way glass in the diamond-side rooms.

•September 1997 - Reporters and cameramen spot a couple, tucked high up in the cheap seats of the SkyDome, having sex
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    81 wrote:
    i totally what to go to toronto for a game now....well, except for the masterbation dude. :lol:

Blue%20Jays%20Topless%20Woman(3).jpg
    •May 1990 - During a Blue Jays game, hotel security and police throw out a man who was seen masturbating behind a hotel room window that overlooked the baseball diamond. Police said the man thought he was behind a one-way window. (Ooops!)

•May 1990 - A couple has sex in one of the 70 hotel rooms overlooking a ball game attended by 55,000 fans. The couple -- who apparently weren't aware they could be seen with the lights off -- were "mortified." The incident received media attention around the world, including five minutes on The Arsenio Hall Show.

•May 1995 - In front of 40,000 fans, a couple has sex in a chair right next to the window overlooking the field during the 7th inning of a Jays-Royals match. The couple were seen right above the then-Jumbotron (now the Rogers Centre videoboard)

•May 1996 - At a Jays-Red Sox game attended by 31,000 fans, a couple puts on what reporters dubbed a "20-minute sex show." Hotel staff consider making waivers more explicit, and even installing one-way glass in the diamond-side rooms.

•September 1997 - Reporters and cameramen spot a couple, tucked high up in the cheap seats of the SkyDome, having sex
    :lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
    Thats the stripper I was talking about. I was looking for that picture but couldn't find it, although I didnt look that hard. Very fun city.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    81 wrote:
    rumor is, it was the white sox jose was jawing with......

from the Danks incident eh
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    once again espn shows that they really don't have a clue ... :lol:
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    polaris_x wrote:

Care to elaborate? Not that I disagree with you, of course.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    polaris_x wrote:

the whole thing with jays stealing signs ... what a joke ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

not sure why they wouldn't dig up the video of the dude. you would think they have some someplace on it.

shouldn't be too hard to find if we believe the white sox were involved last year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

not sure why they wouldn't dig up the video of the dude. you would think they have some someplace on it.

shouldn't be too hard to find if we believe the white sox were involved last year.
    I'm going to guess it was game two of the series. Game one of the series was the Blue Jays home opener and it would've been impossible to pick out one guy in the audience.
    81 wrote:

i think this article sums it up ... http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/top/blog/can ... =top-wp483

or like AA said ... you would think that they could find at least ONE player who's played here over the last two years to corroborate the story ...

the sad part of the original piece is the horrific uses of stats to back up their story ... it's like if you submitted this report in grade 8 - you'd get an F ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

i think this article sums it up ... http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/top/blog/can ... =top-wp483

or like AA said ... you would think that they could find at least ONE player who's played here over the last two years to corroborate the story ...

the sad part of the original piece is the horrific uses of stats to back up their story ... it's like if you submitted this report in grade 8 - you'd get an F ...
    Alex Rios would know if the Blue Jays were doing it when he was here in early 09.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Can't wait for this guy to get to the majors. Will be a fun guy to root against. Huge douche potential.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nat ... _blog.html
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    The Fixer wrote:
    Can't wait for this guy to get to the majors. Will be a fun guy to root against. Huge douche potential.

It seems that one day the Nationals will be at least an interesting team.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The Fixer wrote:

It seems that one day the Nationals will be at least an interesting team.

saw a projected lineup for 2013 on BA this week

1B Morse or Norris
    2B Rendon
    SS Espinosa/Desmond
    3B Zimmerman
    LF Werth
    CF only question mark (rumors of desmond moving there)
    RF Harper
    C Ramos

Strasburg, Cole, Zimmermann give a solid foundation for a rotation. They definitely have some nice young players
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The Fixer wrote:

Looks like his douche level is getting off to a high start right now.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,928
    81 wrote:
    speaking of toronto fans

fatornotfat.jpg
    why'd she get tossed? :?
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11