MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    shrute farms is probably only a few hours away.

That one took me a quick second, good stuff.

Seriously though, that is pretty messed up looking.

Ha, that was a good one. Got it right away too. :P
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    MLB Draft starts tonight. Too bad the Yankees don't have a first round pick.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    looks like the tribe are reverting to form.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    cannot believe the nats just got rendon at 6.
    Hope Cole had fun at UCLA, could have be close to pitching in the majors for the Yankees right now, knucklehead. Have fun in Pittsburgh.
    The Fixer wrote:

Wasn't he supposed to go second?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Yeah, some people had him ranked 1. Fucking Nats.

also, I'd like to nominate rick sutcliffe as one of the worst announcers in MLB. He just compared ryan howard to shaq. most of the shit he says makes absolutely no sense
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

also, I'd like to nominate rick sutcliffe as one of the worst announcers in MLB. He just compared ryan howard to shaq. most of the shit he says makes absolutely no sense

From what I am reading about rendon, sounds like his injury might be worse than though. Who knows.

hahahahahahahaha, I was about to post that same shit about sutcliffe, but didn't want to get into it. Fucking idiot.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

From what I am reading about rendon, sounds like his injury might be worse than though. Who knows.

hahahahahahahaha, I was about to post that same shit about sutcliffe, but didn't want to get into it. Fucking idiot.

Yeah, I know his stock went down over the last couple of months. Still seems like a good pick for DC.

Sean McDonough is great. Seems like he'd be fun to hang out with. Love him busting sutcliffe's balls
    I didn't know cole was a yanks pick. what round/year was that?
    The Fixer wrote:
    Yeah, I know his stock went down over the last couple of months. Still seems like a good pick for DC.

Sean McDonough is great. Seems like he'd be fun to hang out with. Love him busting sutcliffe's balls

Yeah, as soon as he compared him to Shaq he said "How?!?!" Ha.
  • I hope your stay in first was fun Cleveland.........

because its almost at an end. Go Tigers!!!!!!!
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    The Fixer wrote:

I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    The Fixer wrote:

I think he comes from a rich family so he was able to turn down their offer. They knew it was a risk signing him.
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Dude was crazy comitted to UCLA. Yanks took him 28th and offered him $3 mil or something liek that out of high school, granted he's going to get a lot more now, but still. Grew up a huge Yankees fan too, stories about him and one of the more famous signs at Yankee stadium during the 2001 world series.
    This makes me feel old

large_gerrit-cole.jpg
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Dude was crazy comitted to UCLA. Yanks took him 28th and offered him $3 mil or something liek that out of high school, granted he's going to get a lot more now, but still. Grew up a huge Yankees fan too, stories about him and one of the more famous signs at Yankee stadium during the 2001 world series.
    His career could go nowhere and he'd be screwed. It's probably a good thing that he got an education. Unless he went for some sort of arts degree.
    His career could go nowhere and he'd be screwed. It's probably a good thing that he got an education. Unless he went for some sort of arts degree.

Yeah, he only went for 2 years though. I won't knock someone for going to school, just wish he was in the Yankees org.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, he only went for 2 years though. I won't knock someone for going to school, just wish he was in the Yankees org.
    He was drafted by Pittsburgh though. Chances are he'll be available sooner rather than later.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He was drafted by Pittsburgh though. Chances are he'll be available sooner rather than later.

Very true, no doubt he won't be pitching his whole career in Pittsburgh. Edit: I am pretty sure that sentence makes no sentence gramatically but you get the point.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Very true, no doubt he won't be pitching his whole career in Pittsburgh. Edit: I am pretty sure that sentence makes no sentence gramatically but you get the point.
    I don't see him pitching there for more then four seasons. Unless they turn things around and compete, but I doubt that.
    igotid88 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I think he comes from a rich family so he was able to turn down their offer. They knew it was a risk signing him.

It's common for guys to get drafted late in the draft if they have strong college commitments. I'm guessing cole was a late round flier when the yanks took him
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I think these kids that pass up first round money to go to college are nuts. They can always take classes in the offseason or down the road if baseball doesn't work out for them.
    The Fixer wrote:
    igotid88 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

It's common for guys to get drafted late in the draft if they have strong college commitments. I'm guessing cole was a late round flier when the yanks took him

Nah, he was the 28th pick of the first round. They wanted him badly. Offered $3 mil for a high school kid.
    Anyone see Bryce Harper? Such a punk.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What he do?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What he do?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... o-grow-up/

Hit a home run, watched it then blew a kiss to the pitcher. I am looking forward to watching this kid play, but he's gotta cut this shit out.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What he do?

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... o-grow-up/

Hit a home run, watched it then blew a kiss to the pitcher. I am looking forward to watching this kid play, but he's gotta cut this shit out.
    I would've drilled him his next at-bat.
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    He was drilled in the at-bat before...if that adds any context to the situation.
    RW81233 wrote:
    He was drilled in the at-bat before...if that adds any context to the situation.

he's a cock. he's got it coming to him when he gets to the majors. his antics won't fly

still can't believe rendon lasted to 6 last night. with lerner the nats could be on the up...esp if strasburg bounces back.

We don't yet know exactly what Washington's plans for Anthony Rendon are, but right after the Nationals took the guy widely considered to be the best hitter in the draft, there was immediate speculation in rival front offices that he could be shifted to second base. Indeed, some of the other teams that had looked at Rendon viewed him as a second baseman in the future, because of his body type and because of the shoulder issues he's had this spring. There is debate about how much power he'll hit for, and about whether he can stay healthy -- but there is not any question, some executives say, about whether or not he's going to hit at the big league level.

Mike Rizzo says within this Dave Sheinin piece that the Nationals think third base is Rendon's best position "right now."

Which means: Stay tuned.

Rendon and the two other Washington picks on Day 1 were Scott Boras clients. Stephen Strasburg is a Boras client, and so is Bryce Harper, and so is Jayson Werth. So little wonder that there is growing industry speculation that Prince Fielder could be a target of the Nationals in the fall, when he becomes a free agent.

What follows is speculation: Imagine what the 2013 Washington Opening Day lineup could look like, if Rendon is moved to second base, Danny Espinosa is switched to shortstop (a move that some advance scouts believe should happen) and Ian Desmond becomes a Mark DeRosa-like super utility guy:

CF TBD
    RF Bryce Harper
    3B Ryan Zimmerman
    1B Prince Fielder
    LF Jayson Werth
    2B Anthony Rendon
    C Wilson Ramos
    SS Danny Espinosa
    P Stephen Strasburg

Little wonder that some of the Braves players chatted the other day, as they looked ahead toward the draft, about how Washington is stockpiling an enormous cache of talent and could be a team to be reckoned with very, very soon.

By the way: Harper blew a kiss to a pitcher after hitting a home run, writes Reid Cherner. From the video that's included in this piece, it looks like the pitcher who gave up the home run wasn't thrilled that Harper stood and watched his home run and stared Harper down, and Harper responded.