MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    redpoint wrote:

I heard a stat the other day that if Cleveland keeps playing .500 ball from here on out, the Tigers and Royals would have to win 20+ games over .500 to take the division. Not sure how they came up with that if they're only 4.5 games back though.

Go Tribe!
    the new math? no, right now, the royals would only have to go 66-59 to tie the tribe. don't worry tho....that ain't gonna happen. go tribe!!
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bryce Harper is an absolute tool, but I am looking foward to watching this kid hit.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... ly-league/

yeah, people are starting to say he is one of the best hitting prospects of all time.

huge tool. I'm already hoping he falls on his face. Esp since he's in the NL East
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,724
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Bryce Harper is an absolute tool, but I am looking foward to watching this kid hit.

yeah, people are starting to say he is one of the best hitting prospects of all time.

huge tool. I'm already hoping he falls on his face. Esp since he's in the NL East

Dude got to A ball and started tearing it up right away. Pretty impressive. He is a huge tool and but I do look forward to watching him hit.

You see the video of him swinging and ripping the ball with a heavy bat? Pretty crazy.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Dude got to A ball and started tearing it up right away. Pretty impressive. He is a huge tool and but I do look forward to watching him hit.

You see the video of him swinging and ripping the ball with a heavy bat? Pretty crazy.

From day 1 I couldn't get over the excessive eye black.

He should be a senior in high school. crazy he's doing so well at this age.

didn't see that video
    The Fixer wrote:

didn't see that video

No doubt he is a tool, the eye black was/is retarded.

Yeah, that is nuts. Dude is going to be fucking good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqB7GiNE-ig

A 47 ounce bat with that swing....god damn.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

didn't see that video

holy shit. I've seen golf drivers shorter than that.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

didn't see that video

Haha, yeah man. You know what picking up a 32 ouce bat probably feels like after that.
    And it's crazy how young he is going to be when he is eligible for free agency. He is going to rocket through the system.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Haha, yeah man. You know what picking up a 32 ouce bat probably feels like after that.

I think I used a 33"/31oz bat in high school. Harper would clean his teeth with that
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    And it's crazy how young he is going to be when he is eligible for free agency. He is going to rocket through the system.

forget who I was reading, but someone has an interesting theory that the nats are taking their time promoting him so that they get the gates at these minor league parks. makes sense. they're still a ways away from competing for anything
    The Fixer wrote:
    I think I used a 33"/31oz bat in high school. Harper would clean his teeth with that

hahaha, thats great.
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

forget who I was reading, but someone has an interesting theory that the nats are taking their time promoting him so that they get the gates at these minor league parks. makes sense. they're still a ways away from competing for anything

Yeah, I am sure they are going to take their time, but he is going to play his way up pretty quickly. He has dominated every league he has ever played in. He will at least be in triple a next year, I would imagine. If thats the case and he doesnt come up till 2013, dude will be eligible for free agency at 26, I believe. If he kills it and is up next year, 25.

Taking their time also gives them more time with him under their control.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yeah, I am sure they are going to take their time, but he is going to play his way up pretty quickly. He has dominated every league he has ever played in. He will at least be in triple a next year, I would imagine. If thats the case and he doesnt come up till 2013, dude will be eligible for free agency at 26, I believe. If he kills it and is up next year, 25.

Taking their time also gives them more time with him under their control.

As a phils fan, the nats are a scary team. Lerner seems pretty determined to make baseball work in DC. If he's willing to severly overpay for a guy like werth, who knows what he's capable of
    The Fixer wrote:
    As a phils fan, the nats are a scary team. Lerner seems pretty determined to make baseball work in DC. If he's willing to severly overpay for a guy like werth, who knows what he's capable of

Yeah, that is very true and they are both Boras guys. If they paid that for Werth, I can't imagine what Harper could command if he keeps it up.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    edited May 2011
    His swing will look nice in Fenway, Cliffy

edit: by the way, ITS ON!!! Yankees are going down this weekend.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    Hope these guys are caught and put in general.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/news/story?id=6537755
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    His swing will look nice in Fenway, Cliffy

edit: by the way, ITS ON!!! Yankees are going down this weekend.

You guys sure as hell need a catcher.

'tis. Should be fun. I will be there sunday night. Yankees blow right now so I'm a little nervous although you cats still aren't playing great baseball either.

didn't realize they never caught them. that's awful
    The Fixer wrote:

didn't realize they never caught them. that's awful

Yeah, thats some terrible shit.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Nope. We are not. I'm actually somewhat nervous about this weekend. The catching situation is horrendous. It makes me want to puke. Have fun at the game sunday night. Those games are always special. Lester v Freddy should be good.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Nope. We are not. I'm actually somewhat nervous about this weekend. The catching situation is horrendous. It makes me want to puke. Have fun at the game sunday night. Those games are always special. Lester v Freddy should be good.

Makes two of us. Yes, that catching situation is less than ideal. haha. Thanks, man. Should be fun. I guess, everytime Freddy takes the ball I am 99% certain he is going to implode. Has yet to really though so what do I know.

And those games are special and long as hell.
    coincidentally, just read this on BA.com. List of week's best performers.

No. 3 BRYCE HARPER, RF
    NATIONALS
    Team: low Class A Hagerstown (South Atlantic)
    Why He's Here: .500/.531/.700 (15-for-30), 3 2B, 1 HR, 2 BB, 7 SO, 1-for-1 SB
    The Scoop: Coming into the season, Harper faced almost an impossible task. How can the game's top prospect live up to expectations when he should be getting ready for his high school senior prom?

Harper is not only the most talented player in the South Atlantic League, he's arguably the league's best player already. He leads the SAL in average (.395), on-base (.473) and slugging (.702). At this point, it's hard to believe he won't be promoted to high Class A Potomac this summer. But if you want to dream on Harper's quick ascent, take a look at Alex Rodriguez's one full year in the minors—he destroyed the Midwest League, skipped high Class A, briefly stopped in Double-A and was quickly moved up to Triple-A. He ended that year in the big leagues as an 18-year-old. It's not clear whether Harper could handle a similar fast track, but he seems to have already mastered the Sally League.
    The Fixer wrote:

No. 3 BRYCE HARPER, RF
    NATIONALS
    The Scoop: Coming into the season, Harper faced almost an impossible task. How can the game's top prospect live up to expectations when he should be getting ready for his high school senior prom?

Harper is not only the most talented player in the South Atlantic League, he's arguably the league's best player already. He leads the SAL in average (.395), on-base (.473) and slugging (.702). At this point, it's hard to believe he won't be promoted to high Class A Potomac this summer. But if you want to dream on Harper's quick ascent, take a look at Alex Rodriguez's one full year in the minors—he destroyed the Midwest League, skipped high Class A, briefly stopped in Double-A and was quickly moved up to Triple-A. He ended that year in the big leagues as an 18-year-old. It's not clear whether Harper could handle a similar fast track, but he seems to have already mastered the Sally League.

Those numbers are obscene.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

No. 3 BRYCE HARPER, RF
    NATIONALS

47% OBP. ridiculous

can't believe they didn't include his RBI total
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

No. 3 BRYCE HARPER, RF
    NATIONALS

47% OBP. ridiculous

can't believe they didn't include his RBI total

Insane

:lol::lol::lol:
    indians just keep pulling wins out of their asses
    jose bautista is a machine.

my order of best RH hitter in baseball right now...

1 - Pujols
    2 - Cabrera
    3 - Bautista
    4 - Arod
    5 - Braun
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - Pujols
    2 - Cabrera
    3 - Bautista
    4 - Arod
    5 - Braun

I hate Bautista. Good list, Would have to agree with it at this point. Cabrera is unreal. I love watching him play.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

1 - Pujols
    2 - Cabrera
    3 - Bautista
    4 - Arod
    5 - Braun

I hate Bautista.

He is on fire.

Also, the twins are pathetic
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Bautista hits three homers in one game, damn.

Guy's definitely not a fluke.