MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Anibal Sanchez complete game shutout. He's a good pitcher.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539

I was thinking that last night when I saw that he had another good outing, he's becoming a hell of a pitcher

shame he is in Florida, yawn
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    smarchee wrote:

I was thinking that last night when I saw that he had another good outing, he's becoming a hell of a pitcher

HEY!
    Just because they get the same attendance at little league games as they do at Marlin games, doesnt make it a yawn-fest! or maybe it does... ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    smarchee wrote:

HEY!
    Just because they get the same attendance at little league games as they do at Marlin games, doesnt make it a yawn-fest! or maybe it does... ;)

it's hard to watch games in that stadium with 8,000 people there.

do you expect attendance to rise dramatically with the new place? having a good young team never hurts i guess...
    www.myspace.com
  • tcaporaletcaporale Posts: 1,577
    Kind of surprised that the Marlins don't have a more interested fanbase.

I mean, they did win two championships, which is pretty good for a somewhat recent expansion team.
    tcaporale wrote:

I mean, they did win two championships, which is pretty good for a somewhat recent expansion team.

pretty good?

my squad has 2 in 130 years :lol: :x :lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217

do you expect attendance to rise dramatically with the new place? having a good young team never hurts i guess...

It certainly is hard to watch. I don't know how attendance will do. its so hard to tell down here. I have a feeling it will rise a bit for awhile, but fall back off. They think that having a roof will help, but I think its more the mentality of pepole here. There are too many other distractions and things to do.
    tcaporale wrote:

I'm surprised too, but I I have only been to 3 games since 2002. Its not too far of a drive for me, but it feels like such a huge deal to drive to that stadium with traffic and the insane drives in miami, and I think the new stadium is in a worse location for anyone outside of miami.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

It certainly is hard to watch. I don't know how attendance will do. its so hard to tell down here. I have a feeling it will rise a bit for awhile, but fall back off. They think that having a roof will help, but I think its more the mentality of pepole here. There are too many other distractions and things to do.
    tcaporale wrote:

I'm surprised too, but I I have only been to 3 games since 2002. Its not too far of a drive for me, but it feels like such a huge deal to drive to that stadium with traffic and the insane drives in miami, and I think the new stadium is in a worse location for anyone outside of miami.

I think 2 things kill the marlins attendance

1 - public transportation in south florida sucks balls

2 - most people that live down there are transplants from other areas. so they already have their favorite teams. With the internet and MLB package, people can still follow their teams even if they don't live in that respective city.

It's a shame. they have some great young players...stanton, jj, sanchez. and especially logan morrison. that dude rakes
    i dunno. the heat and dolphins always pack them in down there...
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,931
    tcaporale wrote:

the cubs would take it.

personally, I hope the they never win one. :shifty:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,725
    norm wrote:

this hits home bad.

My old man died at 61 on March 4th, after his glioblastoma tumor hemorrhaged. This is not going to end well for Gary Carter and it will most likey be over fairly fast, that's a fact and from what I understand, Glioblastoma research is miles and miles behind general cancer research. As a shameless plug, give generously to Glioblastona specifically.

Fuck you cancer
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

this hits home bad.

My old man died at 61 on March 4th, after his glioblastoma tumor hemorrhaged. This is not going to end well for Gary Carter and it will most likey be over fairly fast, that's a fact and from what I understand, Glioblastoma research is miles and miles behind general cancer research. As a shameless plug, give generously to Glioblastona specifically.

Fuck you cancer

i'm so sorry to hear about your dad, cliff...i lost my mom to cancer back in september....also, i lost my best friend to a similar cancer that gary has about 7 years ago so i agree

FUCK CANCER!
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    not to derail this thread into a MT kinda thing ... but the US has the highest rates of cancer than anywhere else in the world ... if you really want to give a FU to cancer - i suggest we look into why that stat is ...
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    If I have to hear/read one more thing about how home plate collisions need to be outlawed I am going to puke. I can't stand the media's overreacions every time something happens in sports. It's sports, guys are gonna get hurt once in a while. Fucking get over it.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big ... mlb-wp8044

here's another take on it ... i dunno ... i'm a bit torn ... cuz similar to hockey ... guys are getting bigger and stronger and when they come barreling in like that ... and you aren't necessarily able to protect yourself ... it's gonna be brutal ...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    If I have to hear/read one more thing about how home plate collisions need to be outlawed I am going to puke. I can't stand the media's overreacions every time something happens in sports. It's sports, guys are gonna get hurt once in a while. Fucking get over it.

here's another take on it ... i dunno ... i'm a bit torn ... cuz similar to hockey ... guys are getting bigger and stronger and when they come barreling in like that ... and you aren't necessarily able to protect yourself ... it's gonna be brutal ...

one of the best things about baseball is the lack of rule changes. the game has been pretty much the same since the inception.

I'm against rule changes, instant replay, etc. just leave things alone

there's more contact in baseball than there is in the NFL and NHL. just look at how negatively rule changes have effected those on field/ice products. don't mess with things.

I'm so tired of this story. if it wasn't posey and the crybaby SF organization, this would have been dead already
    Confirmed that Gary Carter has Glioblastoma, terrible news. I am suprised surgery is not an option but I assume it's because there are multiple tumors. I believe I read that one of the tumors is on the left side of his brain which is also not good. Going to be rough, people don't make it out of this type of cancer, unfortunately.

And thanks Norm for the nice words. Sorry about your mom and friend as well. Horrible fucking disease.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

this hits home bad.

Fuck you cancer
    sorry for your loss

it's ashame whats happening to kid carter :(
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    norm wrote:

this hits home bad.

Fuck you cancer
    sorry for your loss

it's ashame whats happening to kid carter :(

Thanks, man. It is terrible. Hopefully he can fight through it but it's a pretty shitty situation.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Thanks, man. It is terrible. Hopefully he can fight through it but it's a pretty shitty situation.
    welcome. i hope so too.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

Anyone see Clint Hurdles face? Is that real?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

one of the best things about baseball is the lack of rule changes. the game has been pretty much the same since the inception.

I'm against rule changes, instant replay, etc. just leave things alone

there's more contact in baseball than there is in the NFL and NHL. just look at how negatively rule changes have effected those on field/ice products. don't mess with things.

I'm so tired of this story. if it wasn't posey and the crybaby SF organization, this would have been dead already

perhaps they can put up a batting practice fence in front of the pitcher during the game. i'd hate to see a pitcher take a line drive off his noggin.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    And here is the picture. Someone needs to get to the bottom of this.

clint-hurdle-red-face-bmp.jpg?w=320
    Someone please explain to me what the fuck is wrong with Clint Hurdles face? I need to get to the bottom of this.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Someone please explain to me what the fuck is wrong with Clint Hurdles face? I need to get to the bottom of this.

nothing. he dunked his head into a can of red paint.
    www.myspace.com
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he's really embarrassed to be coaching for the pirates?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, fucking looks like that, or a tub of beet juice.
    norm wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he's really embarrassed to be coaching for the pirates?

This could be it.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

haha, fucking looks like that, or a tub of beet juice.

shrute farms is probably only a few hours away.
    www.myspace.com
    shrute farms is probably only a few hours away.

That one took me a quick second, good stuff.

Seriously though, that is pretty messed up looking.