MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    What's weird is Molina gets a ring no matter what.
    Doesn't he technically get three? The two LCS rings and a world series ring.

World Series Champions don't get LCS rings. Kind of redundant...

This is his time to shine in a cameo appearance on "Pawn Stars" making some extra cash for the prost's in Vegas.
  • What's weird is Molina gets a ring no matter what.
    Doesn't he technically get three? The two LCS rings and a world series ring.

World Series Champions don't get LCS rings. Kind of redundant...

This is his time to shine in a cameo appearance on "Pawn Stars" making some extra cash for the prost's in Vegas.
    I vaguely remember one of the Blue Jays colour commentators saying he had an ALCS ring, but he doesn't wear it because he also had the WS ring from that year.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    so joe morgan and jon miller are out at espn. i never cared for joe morgan but i did like miller. either way, they signified a big game on sunday night. gonna be weird without them. hershiser is going to stay. dan schulman is reportedly in line for play by play...
    www.myspace.com
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    so joe morgan and jon miller are out at espn. i never cared for joe morgan but i did like miller. either way, they signified a big game on sunday night. gonna be weird without them. hershiser is going to stay. dan schulman is reportedly in line for play by play...

Long overdue for Morgan! He was a horrible announcer and the most arrogant as well.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067

schulman will be good on SNB. I'd really like to see thorne do the play by play on SNB. he's one of my favorite play by play guys.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

metsfan wrote:

schulman will be good on SNB. I'd really like to see thorne do the play by play on SNB. he's one of my favorite play by play guys.

yeah i like gary thorne. i don't care about hockey but i remember him being aweseom for espn's hockey telecasts back in the day. he's decent with baseball too.
    www.myspace.com
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    metsfan wrote:

yeah i like gary thorne. i don't care about hockey but i remember him being aweseom for espn's hockey telecasts back in the day. he's decent with baseball too.

Sucks about Miller. Damn good commentator - especially for SNB.

Gary Thorne is decent. Makes games real exciting. I hear him a lot for O's games.(there's a team I'd like to see turn it around)
    metsfan wrote:

Sucks about Miller. Damn good commentator - especially for SNB.

Gary Thorne is decent. Makes games real exciting. I hear him a lot for O's games.(there's a team I'd like to see turn it around)

love to see the o's turn it around. camden yards is still awesome.

jon miller used to do play by play for them way back...
    www.myspace.com
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,925
    cashman (paraphrasing) - "if Derek can find anything better, he should pursue it" :lol::lol::lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,718
    imalive wrote:
    cashman (paraphrasing) - "if Derek can find anything better, he should pursue it" :lol::lol::lol:

Jeter has no leverage, Jeter knows it, Close knows it and obviously the Yankees and Cashman know it. I hope they will throw him a few extra dollars to make him feel a little better about things. Maybe 3 years 17 a year with a tough option for a 4th year.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    imalive wrote:

almost as funny as the buck/huff extensions
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ept_sports_mlb_experts-963885496-1290611916.jpg?ymMDsIEDKq_R6HbD
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

$22 MILLIONS FOR HUFF?!?!?!?!
  • Yup. You got it norm. Watch Theo throw a deal out to Jeter just to piss off the Yankees. Would that be the end of the world if #2 played his final years in Boston? I'd have no problem embracing him in our universe.

By the way, kudos to Theo for not extending the money and years to Vic Martinez. Have fun playing for a 3rd place team the next 5 years.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    norm wrote:
    ept_sports_mlb_experts-963885496-1290611916.jpg?ymMDsIEDKq_R6HbD

Worst picture ever.
    Yup. You got it norm. Watch Theo throw a deal out to Jeter just to piss off the Yankees. Would that be the end of the world if #2 played his final years in Boston? I'd have no problem embracing him in our universe.

By the way, kudos to Theo for not extending the money and years to Vic Martinez. Have fun playing for a 3rd place team the next 5 years.

Not gonna happen and yes, it would be the end of the world. haha.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Other than Davids Cone and Wells, nobody's ever really switched from the Yanks to the Sox, but many have gone the other way. How devastating would that be for Yankees fans if their beloved captain played in Fenway? I'm giddy just thinking about it, even though Jeter is clearly not the same Jeter as a few years ago.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    imalive wrote:

$22 MILLIONS FOR HUFF?!?!?!?!

I know...ridiculous. I laughed out loud when I saw that. gotta love sabean
    Yup. You got it norm. Watch Theo throw a deal out to Jeter just to piss off the Yankees. Would that be the end of the world if #2 played his final years in Boston? I'd have no problem embracing him in our universe.

If I were a sox fan I'd rather have beltre
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Other than Davids Cone and Wells, nobody's ever really switched from the Yanks to the Sox, but many have gone the other way. How devastating would that be for Yankees fans if their beloved captain played in Fenway? I'm giddy just thinking about it, even though Jeter is clearly not the same Jeter as a few years ago.

Worst thought ever. But it's not going to happen.
    The Fixer wrote:

I think I read Beltre is looking at a 5 year deal? Damn, kind of crazy what 1 awesome year can do.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I think I read Beltre is looking at a 5 year deal? Damn, kind of crazy what 1 awesome year can do.
    Agreed. They offered him arbitration today, so if he signs elsewhere, we get 2 first rounders. I'm not as high on Beltre as everyone else. On the other hand, the prospect of Jed Lowrie playing 3rd all next season scares me. I think Beltre might be back in Boston, but we all know he's signing a stupidly large contract with a west coast team.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

he's still pretty young right? 29, 30ish? I don't think 5 years is all that excessive.

Saw lee wants 7 years from the yanks. I hope cashman is figuring out a nice way to tell him to go F himself
    The Fixer wrote:
    he's still pretty young right? 29, 30ish? I don't think 5 years is all that excessive.

Saw lee wants 7 years from the yanks. I hope cashman is figuring out a nice way to tell him to go F himself

Yeah, I think he may be 31 or so, so 5 years is not all that much, but I am just saying until this past season, there was no shot he was getting a deal close to that.

Yeah, I read he was hoping for a 7th. That's not going to happen either. Read this morning his agents don't think he has a shot at the 7th year. If the Rangers want to give him 7 years, go for it. Won't happen.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Agreed. They offered him arbitration today, so if he signs elsewhere, we get 2 first rounders. I'm not as high on Beltre as everyone else. On the other hand, the prospect of Jed Lowrie playing 3rd all next season scares me. I think Beltre might be back in Boston, but we all know he's signing a stupidly large contract with a west coast team.

Yeah, that's an abritration no brainer. I think he will be on the west coast too.
    Does $12 mil a year for Victor Martinez seem a little low? 5 years is probably too much but if a hitter like Huff gets $11 shouldn't Martinez get more?
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Does $12 mil a year for Victor Martinez seem a little low? 5 years is probably too much but if a hitter like Huff gets $11 shouldn't Martinez get more?
    Good point. Especially since Vic can catch, play first and DH. Theo's comments on WEEI last week I thought were very telling when he said Jarrod Saltalamaccia has a promising future in Boston. He's only 25 and I think can be very productive playing in Fenway. I just think Theo was adamantly opposed to the 5 years others were willing to give.
    FF, I know you mentioned 2 first round picks if beltre leaves. that's not necessarily the case. Here's an article that breaks down how FA compensation works. it's kind of phillies centric, but it breaks down the complicated process pretty well.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... ation.html
  • The Fixer wrote:
    FF, I know you mentioned 2 first round picks if beltre leaves. that's not necessarily the case. Here's an article that breaks down how FA compensation works. it's kind of phillies centric, but it breaks down the complicated process pretty well.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/phil ... ation.html
    Interesting. Thanks for the clarification, Fixer. I always wondered what that supplemental round was for.

The compensation for a "Type A" player who signs elsewhere as a free agent is two draft picks. One pick is in the supplemental round, which falls between the first and second round. The other pick is the highest unprotected selection of the team that signs the Type A free agent. The top 15 picks in the first round of the draft are protected. Because of compensation picks for the Diamondbacks, Padres and Brewers in this year's first round, the top 18 picks are actually protected. If a team with a protected first round pick signed Werth, the Phillies would receive that team's second-round pick.

And my 2cents on Werth is the Phillies are better off in the long run without him.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    If this happens:
    GYI0056892643.JPG

I will Kill this man:
    large_brian-cashman-new-york-yankees-715.jpg

You heard it here first, No need to call the police, i'll turn myself in afterwards.