MLB 2024 Post-Season

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    people dislike bonds because of the way he acted off the field. he didn't like talking to the media, or being a superstar. he just wanted privacy and didn't know how to get it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,718
    The Ken Burns intro to the game last night was fucking fantastic.
    I think the 10th inning did a great job of showing why Bonds was the way he was. I am so sick of the steroids discussion as well.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    imalive wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    1. Bonds isn't villified because he cheated - he's villified because he still refuses to admit he cheated ... despite overwhelming evidence, he still continues to do the coward thing and lie ... that is why people hate Bonds.
    no one has admitted to much....arod, papi, mcgwire, manny.....they were all pretty much vague and didn't tell the truth. people hate bonds because the MEDIA has told them he is especially loathsome. also, he really can't come clean now....not with a perjury trial hanging over his head.

not sure what your point is as those guys aren't well liked either ... besides AROD has admitted to steroids and mcgwire has basically done the same ...
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,966
    polaris_x wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    1. Bonds isn't villified because he cheated - he's villified because he still refuses to admit he cheated ... despite overwhelming evidence, he still continues to do the coward thing and lie ... that is why people hate Bonds.
    no one has admitted to much....arod, papi, mcgwire, manny.....they were all pretty much vague and didn't tell the truth. people hate bonds because the MEDIA has told them he is especially loathsome. also, he really can't come clean now....not with a perjury trial hanging over his head.

not sure what your point is as those guys aren't well liked either ... besides AROD has admitted to steroids and mcgwire has basically done the same ...

It's funny how San Fran people defend this man to their death as opposed to how any other player was imaged. It's like they've been brainwashed or something.
    So, again, like I said before, who exactly is watching this series outside of SF and DFW that said everyone wanted to see a series without Philly and NY? Where are those people again?

http://www.sportsmediawatch.net/2010/10 ... ame-1.html
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    edited October 2010
    polaris_x wrote:
    imalive wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

Arod admitted it because he was forced to...he got caught by that wh0re selena roberts.

Bonds has been defensive when asked about it. He hasn't had to admit anything because there is no proof

They're both jerk offs. great players, but jerk offs
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    So, again, like I said before, who exactly is watching this series outside of SF and DFW that said everyone wanted to see a series without Philly and NY? Where are those people again?

AND WERE BITTER BECAUSE WE SAID THIS 6 DAYS AGO :lol:

its a fact nobody outside the two states care

in fact the whole east coast could care less

sad but true
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

AND WERE BITTER BECAUSE WE SAID THIS 6 DAYS AGO :lol:

its a fact nobody outside the two states care

in fact the whole east coast could care less

sad but true

And I don't bring this up because I'm "bitter" or whatever. I bring this up specifically to the dudes here - from outside of SF and DFW - who said they were confident that the entire country wanted to see a WS without NY and Philly. And I would just like to see their proof outside of their own "bitterness". Pretty ironic, actually.
  • I'm not sure what the point is in demeaning the teams in the World Series because the national ratings suck. The Phillies vs. Rays series didn't do anything special in the ratings dept but it doesn't make our WFC any less enjoyable, does it? The 2 million on Broad St. didn't give a shit about ratings.

And just because fewer people in, what, Boston, want to watch SF/Texas than Phila/NY doesn't mean those teams don't deserve to be there.

If you're a real baseball fan, you'll watch, probably, most of the series and just enjoy it.

Seriously, the highest rated TV shows in this country are, what, American Idol, Throw Yourself Against a Wall, Dancing with Stars, Poker. That doesn't mean I watch any of that shit, just because my team didn't make the World Series.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    I'm not sure what the point is in demeaning the teams in the World Series because the national ratings suck. The Phillies vs. Rays series didn't do anything special in the ratings dept but it doesn't make our WFC any less enjoyable, does it? The 2 million on Broad St. didn't give a shit about ratings.

And just because fewer people in, what, Boston, want to watch SF/Texas than Phila/NY doesn't mean those teams don't deserve to be there.

If you're a real baseball fan, you'll watch, probably, most of the series and just enjoy it.

Seriously, the highest rated TV shows in this country are, what, American Idol, Throw Yourself Against a Wall, Dancing with Stars, Poker. That doesn't mean I watch any of that shit, just because my team didn't make the World Series.

phils/rays actually drew less viewers for game 1 than rangers/giants did...

in contrast this week's mid-season monday night football game drew an 11.2 rating...the 4th largest cable audience
    ever. the 3 higher programs were mnf telecasts too :lol: let it be known: the nfl is a god damn behemoth
    www.myspace.com
    I'm not sure what the point is in demeaning the teams in the World Series because the national ratings suck. The Phillies vs. Rays series didn't do anything special in the ratings dept but it doesn't make our WFC any less enjoyable, does it? The 2 million on Broad St. didn't give a shit about ratings.

in contrast this week's mid-season monday night football game drew an 11.2 rating...the 4th largest cable audience
    ever. the 3 higher programs were mnf telecasts too :lol: let it be known: the nfl is a god damn behemoth

All of these highly rated shows prove how dumb the american public really is. seriously, who watches this shit? I'd rather watch grass grow than watch poker on TV or glorified karaoke.
    bryce harper said the Nats are going to be the yankees of the NL East. Dude has been a pro for 4 months and he's already a gigantic douchebag. I'm hoping he fails miserably
    The Fixer wrote:

All of these highly rated shows prove how dumb the american public really is. seriously, who watches this shit? I'd rather watch grass grow than watch poker on TV or glorified karaoke.

still it's kind of a shame that nobody really cares about the world series unless their city is in it. it's ratings are comparable to the nba finals and the nba blows. grand scheme of things--doesn't really matter though.
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

still it's kind of a shame that nobody really cares about the world series unless their city is in it. it's ratings are comparable to the nba finals and the nba blows. grand scheme of things--doesn't really matter though.

Like Johnny said, who cares about the ratings? the only people that should give a shit are the networks, the people that paid for advertising, and the league officials.

Not trying to be a dick...I just don't understand why this is brought up so frequently (in all sports).
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Like Johnny said, who cares about the ratings?
    the only people that should give a shit are the networks, the people that paid for advertising, and the league officials.

Not trying to be a dick...I just don't understand why this is brought up so frequently (in all sports).

i dunno. i think some dudes a couple pages back :mrgreen:
    www.myspace.com
  • Free weed!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Free weed!

off topic--you been watching weeds this season? drifting a lil too aimlessly for my liking thus far...
    www.myspace.com
  • Free weed!

off topic--you been watching weeds this season? drifting a lil too aimlessly for my liking thus far...
    Yeah, she's still super cute though.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
    Alright, well some shit I will just never understand. Apparantly the Marlins tried to basically trade Mike Stanton for Ozzie Guillen. Yes, you heard that right. And why the fuck would the White Sox not do that in a second?!?!?!??!?!
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Alright, well some shit I will just never understand. Apparantly the Marlins tried to basically trade Mike Stanton for Ozzie Guillen. Yes, you heard that right. And why the fuck would the White Sox not do that in a second?!?!?!??!?!

Both of those organizations are seriously disfunctional (maybe 2 of the most in baseball, after the Mets). Who the hell knows how they each won a World Series last decade?

Maybe they were trying to trade the retired relief pitcher Mike Stanton, instead of the hot prospect. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Both of those organizations are seriously disfunctional (maybe 2 of the most in baseball, after the Mets). Who the hell knows how they each won a World Series last decade?

Maybe they were trying to trade the retired relief pitcher Mike Stanton, instead of the hot prospect. :lol:
    mets organization isn't disfunctional it's just injury prone and has a COO who thinks he know baseball and doesn't. omar drafted really really well but when you sign guys like castillo and ollie p and beltran your doomed. bringing in the godfather of sabermetrics will change all that.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• metsfan wrote:
    mets organization isn't disfunctional it's just injury prone and has a COO who thinks he know baseball and doesn't. omar drafted really really well but when you sign guys like castillo and ollie p and beltran your doomed. bringing in the godfather of sabermetrics will change all that.

Having a COO who won't let the baseball people do their job is the definition of a dysfunctional organization.

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    did you know....in 1969, the mets used a total of 6 pitchers during the entire 5 game series. 3 starters and 3 relivers, with 2 complete games mixed in for good measure. Nolan Ryan pitched once for 2.1 innings for a save. just some food for thought
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Ugh.

I will leave it at that.
    Does Sanchez blow an 8 ball before every game?
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Does Sanchez blow an 8 ball before every game?

he and ron washington split one.

those jokes just don't get old
    I can't believe bumgarner isn't getting tittied. his stuff looks average at best
  • The Fixer wrote:
    I can't believe bumgarner isn't getting tittied. his stuff looks average at best

Come again?