*** St Louis Fanviews Here 5/4/10 ***

1235»

Comments

• valpu19valpu19 Posts: 7
    CR209714 wrote:
    Does anyone recall hearing Mike play a few riffs of stevie ray vaughan's mary had a little lamb? I think it was sometime during the 2nd encore set. Ed followed by saying something like "Sometime Mike just does that kind of stuff."

Actually, the song he played was "Scuttle Buttin'"... sounds a lot like Mary had a Little Lamb and a couple people around me thought it was and tried to argue with me about it, but SRV is my 2nd fav artist to play on guitar behind Pearl Jam so I knew immediately what it was.

check this out and see if you recognize it from the show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kleUyoSleYI
  • RZ27566RZ27566 Posts: 57
    I seen those two big bald headed guys I think that one was tom west from "The Point" I could be wron though I meant to call him and ask but kind of forgot about it.
  • In case anyone wants to see them, here are my photos from Row 20. A couple of them are pretty good. Enjoy!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1c7506b813
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    In case anyone wants to see them, here are my photos from Row 20. A couple of them are pretty good. Enjoy!

Nice pics. We were in row 20 also - Section B. It looks like you stopped in Metropolis during your trip. You were about three blocks from my house.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • In case anyone wants to see them, here are my photos from Row 20. A couple of them are pretty good. Enjoy!

Nice pics. We were in row 20 also - Section B. It looks like you stopped in Metropolis during your trip. You were about three blocks from my house.

Yep! Stopped at Harrah's. Hit a Straight Flush at 3 card poker and it paid for my entire trip!!!
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    In case anyone wants to see them, here are my photos from Row 20. A couple of them are pretty good. Enjoy!

Yep! Stopped at Harrah's. Hit a Straight Flush at 3 card poker and it paid for my entire trip!!!

You probably drove by my house to get to Harrah's. Congratulations on winning at Harrah's. Sad for the towns people though. It is the losers that pave our streets and keep our water clean. :D
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • embraceembrace Posts: 849
    marigold wrote:
    After being a huge PJ fan for 10 years, this was my first show and extra special b/c I took my five-year-old turning six to it for his first concert and as a b-day surprise. He really enjoyed it and he has got to be the coolest 6 year old in town! We rocked out all night together in the crowd! (Also, we were lucky enough to meet Eddie, he was super nice, everything I imagined him to be and wonderful to my son.) How kick a is it for your first concert to be a PJ show and get to meet Eddie? This is a story he will be telling the rest of his life, I'm sure!

Yay! Please share your story :)
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • h33ockeyh33ockey Posts: 14
    10c hooked me up with great tickets, thanks so much.I have been to 6 PJ shows and this one touched me like no other. I love how people say this show was better than KC or KC was better than STL ect.... All I can say is the St Louis show and crowd was great. To me there is no comparison, because Pj makes every show so unique and special. St Louis was the best, because that is the one I was lucky enough to attend!! Come back soon and thanks again 10C
  • embrace wrote:
    Yay! Please share your story :)

We were just very lucky. I'm still flipping out! I got to hug Eddie and hear him say my name,lol. I'm just so happy to find out that Eddie is as nice of a guy as I always thought him to be. It was so surreal. After it was over all I could keep saying was I just hugged Eddie f%$#ing Vedder! Now to meet the rest of the guys.:lol:
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • JB127779JB127779 Posts: 40
    I drove from Little Rock, AR to the Saint Louis show and when I got to the arena to pick up my tickets I saw that I landed front row right between Ed and Stone. I had to ask the ticket attendant to confirm where my seats were on the map because I couldn't believe I won the lottery 1st row! It was an amazing and surreal experience. Previously, the closest I had ever been at a PJ show was 3rd row back in 2000. It felt almost like I was at small venue because the band was right in your face the whole time. I managed to catch an EV guitar pick and towel Ed tossed at me and my friend after he accidentally spit at/on us. I really enjoyed Sometimes, In Hiding, Why Go, Pilate, & hearing some of the new songs off backspacer. It was a great show by the band and great night overall. Thanks to those who have posted videos and pictures of the show. It's cool relive those moments. Most importantly thanks to the 10c for the amazing seats.
    10.21.00 - Phoenix, AZ
    04.18.03 - Nashville, TN
    06.07.03 - Phoenix, AZ
    06.10.03 - Little Rock, AR
    10.28.09 - Philadelphia, PA
    05.04.10 - St. Louis, MO
    11.15.13 - Dallas, TX
    11.16.13 - Oklahoma City, OK
    10.14.14 - Memphis, TN
    09.16.22 - Nashville, TN
    09.22.22 - Oklahoma City, OK
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    JB127779 wrote:
    I drove from Little Rock, AR to the Saint Louis show and when I got to the arena to pick up my tickets I saw that I landed front row right between Ed and Stone. I had to ask the ticket attendant to confirm where my seats were on the map because I couldn't believe I won the lottery 1st row! It was an amazing and surreal experience. Previously, the closest I had ever been at a PJ show was 3rd row back in 2000. It felt almost like I was at small venue because the band was right in your face the whole time. I managed to catch an EV guitar pick and towel Ed tossed at me and my friend after he accidentally spit at/on us. I really enjoyed Sometimes, In Hiding, Why Go, Pilate, & hearing some of the new songs off backspacer. It was a great show by the band and great night overall. Thanks to those who have posted videos and pictures of the show. It's cool relive those moments. Most importantly thanks to the 10c for the amazing seats.

Hey I met you before the show! I was the girl a few seats to your left with the silly Little Rock/Boulder mix-up haha. Thats funny, I also had to confirm with multiple ticket attendants before I could actually accept that I would be sitting in the front row. I had an incredible time, glad you did too! I'm sure I would have talked to you guys more if it weren't for the 2 shit shows between us.
  • jackson75jackson75 Posts: 1
    It was a trajic evening for me,I had a 103.9 fever ive had since the day before,but i still got down there got in my seat,and i remember a good 15 minutes of me being in the stadium,and then next thing i know im n the hospital half dead,Ive listened and been a strong supportive fan ever since early 90's when they formed and this being actually the first concert i ever got to get tickets turned out to be disaster..I tell you I still havent forgave my body for lettin me down,talk about irony being so deathly the day of a show of your favorite band and makin it there and not being able to enjoy one note...But I vow this i will get to a show one day..I thank youtube for having a boatload of videos of the show so at least i got to see what i missed,,It helps in the healing process...I sure do hope they make it through St.Louis or Illinois before another 6 years!!!
  • jackson75 wrote:
    It was a trajic evening for me,I had a 103.9 fever ive had since the day before,but i still got down there got in my seat,and i remember a good 15 minutes of me being in the stadium,and then next thing i know im n the hospital half dead,Ive listened and been a strong supportive fan ever since early 90's when they formed and this being actually the first concert i ever got to get tickets turned out to be disaster..I tell you I still havent forgave my body for lettin me down,talk about irony being so deathly the day of a show of your favorite band and makin it there and not being able to enjoy one note...But I vow this i will get to a show one day..I thank youtube for having a boatload of videos of the show so at least i got to see what i missed,,It helps in the healing process...I sure do hope they make it through St.Louis or Illinois before another 6 years!!!

I'm thankful you are here to talk about it. Hope you are on the mend. There will definately be another show for you to see in the future, and it will be fantastic. Thank goodness for the boots!! Be well.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    jackson75 wrote:

Man, I hope they come through town again too, so maybe you or someone else can irresponsibly introduce your deadly sickness to me.

Sorry you missed the show, but it's pretty ridiculous to go to a show when ur that sick.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,239
    Still best set of the tour. Look at the others. Seriously.
    www.cluthelee.com
    You have to be joking. Little Wing? Hendrix?! Look into it.

valpu19"]
    CR209714 wrote:
    Does anyone recall hearing Mike play a few riffs of stevie ray vaughan's mary had a little lamb? I think it was sometime during the 2nd encore set. Ed followed by saying something like "Sometime Mike just does that kind of stuff."

Actually, the song he played was "Scuttle Buttin'"... sounds a lot like Mary had a Little Lamb and a couple people around me thought it was and tried to argue with me about it, but SRV is my 2nd fav artist to play on guitar behind Pearl Jam so I knew immediately what it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kleUyoSleYI[/quote]
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Tumby1974Tumby1974 Posts: 15
    Waiting for the boot to go on sale!!!
    St. Louis 7-2-1998
    St. Louis 10-11-2000
    St. Louis 4-22-2003
    St. Louis 10-5-2004
    St. Louis 05-04-2010
  • JasonTeckJasonTeck Posts: 179
    Still best set of the tour. Look at the others. Seriously.

Agreed!
    1992 - Lollapalooza - St. Louis
    1994 - St. Louis
    1998 - St. Louis
    2000 - St. Louis
    2003 - St. Louis
    2007 - Lollapalooza - Chicago
    2008 - Eddie Vedder Solo - Chicago
    2010 - St. Louis
    2011 - Eddie Vedder Solo - St. Louis
    2014 - St. Louis
    2016 - New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival
    2018 - Wrigley Field - Chicago
    2022 - St. Louis & Oklahoma City
    2023 - Chicago N1 & N2
    Tumby1974 wrote:
    Waiting for the boot to go on sale!!!

Yeah!! F'in come on already!!!! Any day now. :evil: :evil: :evil: Nah not realy... but man, no audience recordings to tide me over is a killer.

That and Indy are gonna be fun to relive.

I liked the setlist in St Lou a little better, too.
  • rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 306
    I'm dying here - where's the boot?! I'm getting carpel tunnel syndrome from hitting F5 on the bootlegs page.

I know....patience....... *deep breath* Ok, i'm good.......
  • I agree, waiting on this boot is like being a six-year-old on Christmas again. Where is it?
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • tonykipptonykipp Posts: 4
    VinoHead wrote:
    10C #214,###

Now to the best part...during Alive...Eddie comes out off stage on some amps and sings to the crowd! He then makes his way back...and stops right in front of us. He looks down at my buddy and I and motions to make room and reaches for my hand. I grab his hand and help him up on the barrier. So here I am holding hands with Eddie and my buddy is holding onto his leg...and he's freaking singing Alive right there. One of the most amazing moments of my life!

Thanks 10C for a great couple of nights. Special thanks to my buddy and my wife for allowing me to experience this.

We were just to the left of you, having Eddie land in our laps put a topper on an amazing night. I never thought I would end up front for a show, let alone PJ. I can't wait for the boot to arrive, so while we wait, more pics.

phpmUnk4NPM.jpg

http://picasaweb.google.com/tonykipp/PearlJam05042010#
    Still best show of the tour
    www.cluthelee.com

Well if it's so good then what the hell is takin so long on the boot? :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • CServantCServant Posts: 1,182
    DewieCox wrote:

Well if it's so good then what the hell is takin so long on the boot? :evil: :evil: :evil:

See Philly '09
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
    CServant wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:

See Philly '09

:lol::lol: Looks like Kufala's on top off things. This week sometime!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • jnaughtjnaught Posts: 74
    :lol::lol: Looks like Kufala's on top off things. This week sometime![/quote]

Do you have some inside info that Boots will be released this week? That would be awesome - I've been waiting for Columbus for only a couple of weeks, but it seems like forever! :)
  • llovellove Posts: 106
    Just got the boot - saw the show and now i can relive it RIGHT NOW!
    F'ing awesome...I absolutely love it!!! What a great setlist. What a fantastic show. :D

Can't wait for MSG2. :D:D:D
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • valpu19valpu19 Posts: 7
    C'mon, I'm not that dumb. We're not talking about the tag on Yellow Ledbetter, I don't think there was a person in the arena that didn't know that was Little Wing.

We're talking about the little riff he played after In Hiding and before Evenflow. Ed tells Mike to play that little thing you were playing before we came out and Mike busts into Scuttle Buttin' for a minute and then Ed says, "He just does that kinda shit sometimes." Listen to the boot and then check out the link below.

You have to be joking. Little Wing? Hendrix?! Look into it.

valpu19"]
    CR209714 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kleUyoSleYI
    [/quote]
    valpu19 wrote:
    C'mon, I'm not that dumb. We're not talking about the tag on Yellow Ledbetter, I don't think there was a person in the arena that didn't know that was Little Wing.

We're talking about the little riff he played after In Hiding and before Evenflow. Ed tells Mike to play that little thing you were playing before we came out and Mike busts into Scuttle Buttin' for a minute and then Ed says, "He just does that kinda shit sometimes." Listen to the boot and then check out the link below.

Got it! I stand corrected. Wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything :D
    www.cluthelee.com