*** St Louis Fanviews Here 5/4/10 ***

SeaSea Posts: 3,011
edited May 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
May 4, 2010 St Louis, Missouri, Scottrade Center

Set List: Sometimes, Corduroy, All Night, Do The Evolution, Why Go, Small Town, In Hiding, Even Flow, Unthought Known, Save You, Down, Pilate, Severed Hand, Not For You, Glorified G, 1/2 Full, Daughter, The Fixer

1st encore: Inside Job, Just Breathe, Jeremy, Got Some, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Garden, Alive, Baba O’Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing (Hendrix)

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.
Please try to keep the thread for Fanviews....
Thank you :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tkepearljamntkepearljamn Posts: 581
    Thanks 10c for 16th row. Awesome show!!!!
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • RZ27566RZ27566 Posts: 57
    ok still fucked up from the show, i've seen every show in St. louis since 93 it wasn't the worst and it wasn't the best, but it was dam close to the best, as my friend and i started out in section 303 we made are way down to section 117 row A I think that was the section it was the second section from the stage and met a couple of people going on to memphis. it wasn't a backspacer show it wasn't any ablum show, it was just dam good,, they made up for the fuck up back in 2003. I even took video on my phone of 'Why Go' and "teenage waste land' and took a snap of a body guards tattoo showing the wife from the family guy naked it was great and i'm still fucked up good thing I had a ride home. anyway aparently we didn't have as long of a show as the mighty "KC" but they did start late and it was bitchin and they even played "jeremy" which i don't think anyone expected. over all it was awesome,the 3rd show is the magic number I just wish it was longer, i never saw so much energy in eddie, and they sounded good. hopefullly they can continue to keep it going for the rest of you and give and good show.

P.S.
    see you in
  • realmgeorgerealmgeorge Posts: 301
    Killer seats in the wings. Thanks 10 Club!
    and love, what a different life had I not had this love with you.
  • pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 634

Ditto.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • tuto12tuto12 Posts: 16
    pearlhawk wrote:

Ditto.

Agree! What a view! Great Show, just different, a couple of nice surprises (Habit, Pilate), great attitude and the band played very tight. Only setback was the arena not filling (like 75%) I would say. Can't wait for Columbus. Still think Kansas City was better but not by much. This guys are rockin
  • Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,252
    This show kicked ass! I went last night in KC and it was cool but tonight was twice as good. I wasn't disappointed with last night until after tonights fucking awesomeness. Pilate, Not For you, and motherfucking Baba O!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • UglymanUglyman Posts: 78
    25th show and I got a new song (Glorified G). How did St Louis get the rare gems? All Night the 13th time played. Pilate for just the 17th time. I know it's not the best they offer but, rare nonetheless. No matter where I see them they offer a surprise (Garden, In Hiding). Gratitude is not strong enough of a word.

P.S. When Mike played Hendrix it made it move a little.
    You can come to terms and realize you're the only one who cannot forgive yourself.
  • Looks like you guys got a great show tonight!

Sometimes, Pilate, in hiding, garden.. MSG can't get here fast enough.
    under your tongue, im like a tab.. i will give you what your not supposed to have

in wide open spaces we sing, with strings.. launch a full on musical cannonball.. guided by bells that we bring, they ring.. sound for the sky and the sun, our own waterfall...

one with the raging wind, alive on the highest tides, my ship at sail can climb a mountain.. ride it to the sky
  • zebra27zebra27 Posts: 214
    Unless I cannot hear or read, I don't see where they played Habit. I wish, but I am fairly certain that did not occur.

Regardless, good solid show with a couple not-so-played songs thrown in.

They guy in the the first row with the Mookie shirt sure rocked out! Congrats on winning the lottery!

Agree! What a view! Great Show, just different, a couple of nice surprises (Habit, Pilate), great attitude and the band played very tight. Only setback was the arena not filling (like 75%) I would say. Can't wait for Columbus. Still think Kansas City was better but not by much. This guys are rockin[/quote]
  • tkepearljamntkepearljamn Posts: 581
    Funniest part of the night for me was going to the bathroom and Joe Buck is in there. I am all for shaking someone's hand and saying hello... but not in a public bathroom. As I am washing my hands some guy walks up to Joe and tells him he is the best... Joe had just finished his business when they guy had grabbed his hand to shake it. It was kinda gross. Man Code was ignored on that one...

Pilate was Awesome... I think we got it in 98 too... still awesome though!!
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • NoWayNoWay Posts: 347
    I was on the side as well and it was great. I made it to KC and STL and really loved both shows. Tonight I was most impressed with one of the loudest most rocking crowds I've been in. Just a lot of fun. The band could have played anything and it was just a great party atmosphere. Thanks PJ and all the great people at tonight's show. Love seeing Ed get in the crowd tonight too. A man of the people!!! Cheers!
    St. Louis - 7/27/92, 4/22/03, 10/5/04, 5/4/10, 7/1/11 (EV), 10/3/14
    Chicago - 5/17/06, 8/21/08 (EV), 8/23/09, 7/19/13, 8/20/16
    Champaign - 4/23/03
    East Troy - 9/3/11, 9/4/11
    Kansas City - 5/3/10
    Las Vegas - 6/6/03
    Memphis - 6/20/09 (EV)
    Moline - 10/17/14
    Oklahoma City - 11/16/13
  • Joe Buck is a piece of crap riding on his father's coattails.
    I'm just sayin...
    Later,
    Bryce

4/20/1921, 12/25/2048, 1/1/2000, 9/10/1977.... does it really matter?
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    edited May 2010
    Nice Solid show by PJ, them playing a great show as usual

thought the crowd sucked in the first half of the show, Ed was visibly trying to get them going. By the end of the night the crowd was great.

thanks ten club! 3rd row Stone side 84xxx

Hey lottery winners, at least look happy to be there!(there were some people that were awesome, and a majority just standing there...the eternal statue debate)

LOTS of empty seats in the upper decks

poster sucks (I am a cubs/sox fan) If I were from STL I would love it, KC gets EMEk, STL gets a redbrid wtf
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • BH38140BH38140 Posts: 10
    The people in the front row were pathetic imo, have seen several posts about them. At one point, 2 fat bald guys started taking of their shirts near the end of the show and security intevened, thank goodness.

Any way, the show was amazing in my opinion. Completely agree on the crowd, started out slow and Ed prodded the cattle along by telling them how good KC was the night before and that seemed to light a fire under everyone.

Glorified G was a shocker and awesome. Habit was absolutely NOT played. The band was flawless all night, with the exception of Mike breaking into Yellow Ledbetter and Ed stopped him and they switched to Baba. then YL.

The St. Louis Poster absolutey kicks ass. Best tour poster I have of them and I have quite a few. Has a Cardinal on the Bat (St. L Cardinals Baseball logo), colors are great, LOVE IT. Didnt like the price of $30.00 but it is what it is.

Overall a solid show, had a great time, wish I was seeing them again this go round, but no luck.

Thanks 10C for wonderful seats.

And regarding the comment about Joe Buck riding on his fathers coat tails - Maybe he did to get his break in the biz, but you do not contiually keep the lead of MLB, NFL, Super Bowl, World Series, and ride the coat tails of someone. To get the 1st gigs maybe, to stay there - no. I'm just sayin'.
  • matt.wattmatt.watt Posts: 77
    I just returned home to KC and have to work in 4 hours. :lol:

I couldn't believe I won 10th row lottery tickets! Thanks 10C! After being bummed about my friend backing out and worried about finding someone to take the extra ticket it ended up working out well with another random PJ fan from the board. KC was great, but STL was AMAZING! RVM, Baba, Glorified G, etc... I was so excited I got to see RVM.

I wish I'd exchanged emails with the girl who stood in front of me in Row 9, Sec B taking pictures. She got some great pictures from my vantage point, and one great one of Ed holding up his guitar above his head.

This really rivals ACL '09 as my favorite show. Ok I've got to pass out now.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    Nice Setlist!...:)
  • MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,665
    What is your 10C number?
    Thanks 10c for 16th row. Awesome show!!!!
    Can anyone else post 10C number and row?
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Awesome setlist!
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Looks like we've started the tour with 3 winners!
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • PJ44PJ44 Posts: 153
    tuto12 wrote:
    pearlhawk wrote:

Ditto.

Agree! What a view! Great Show, just different, a couple of nice surprises (Habit, Pilate), great attitude and the band played very tight. Only setback was the arena not filling (like 75%) I would say. Can't wait for Columbus. Still think Kansas City was better but not by much. This guys are rockin

only 75% full? WTF. i wonder if they will do more publicity next album to build up mid west fan base. cant wait for newark and msg!
    PJ44
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    only 75% full? WTF. i wonder if they will do more publicity next album to build up mid west fan base. cant wait for newark and msg![/quote]

Well, the fact that they consistently ignore the midwest with the exception of chicago MIGHT have something to do with it. There are other cities that Chicago, guys.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,537
    Great show...Eddie was having a great time. I don't think he wanted to stop...he actually halted Mike when he first started playing YL and they stuck Baba in...not sure if Mike overlooked the setlist or not but it seemed like Eddie just wasn't done yet.

The upper sections of the arena were not full but it was still an impressive crowd.

I was section 101, row w with my 427xxx....
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    closed the first set with the fixer? :?

jealous you guys got sometimes & pilate.
  • TresentPenseTresentPense New York City Posts: 551
    Blows my mind that any of these shows aren't sold out. I'd love to go to one of these random cities for a show just to see where my 10C seats would be, since at MSG/Newark/Hartford they won't be nearly as good!

Anyway, see you folks in 10 days :D
    '98: 8/22
    '00: 8/23 8/24 8/25
    '03: 4/30 7/2 7/3 7/8 7/9 7/11
    '04: 10/1
    '06: 5/13 5/27 5/28 6/1 6/3
    '08: 6/24 6/25 6/27 6/28 7/1
    '09: 10/30 10/31
    '10: 5/15 5/18 5/20 5/21 6/25
    '11: 9/3 9/4
    '12: 9/2 9/22
    '13: 7/19 10/18 10/19 10/21 10/22 11/23 11/24
    '14: 10/19
    '15: 9/26
    '16: 4/8 4/9 4/11 4/28 4/29 5/1 5/2 8/5 8/7
    '17: RNRHOF 4/17
    '18: 9/2 9/4
    '21: 9/18
  • Just got to work in Chicago after driving back from St. Louis with a two hour Rest Stop nap.....

All I can say is thank god I went.....what a show. When my buddy had to cancel I had serious thoughts about not going and just eating the tickets - the prospect of driving 4 1/2 hours after working a half day (also after being up with the 5 month old all night) and then driving 4 1/2 hours back home to be at work by 8:00 am just isn't as appealing as it once was.

After failing to find anyone to take my extra single I reached out to matt.watt who also had an extra single to see if we could team up and offer our two singles as a pair....and it couldn't have worked out better! We found a couple fans at the show to take the extra pair - much easier than getting rid of 2 singles. And even better - Matt won the lottery with his 43XXXX 10C# - suddenly I went from undecided about even going to 10th row dead center!!!

The show was fantastic....the crowd around us was into it all night - some great fans in the area. One couple brought the cutest little girl who was an angel all night - gave me hopes of bringing my little guy some day :) One thing I have to disagree about it only being 75% full......maybe 90%. About half of the third deck was empty - similar to Cleveland 2006 which was another amazing show.

RVM was one of the better versions I've ever heard, Eddie stopping Mike when he started YLB too early was funny. Pilate - wow! Was surprised how many peaople were singing along! Glorified G was another highlight - always great live! And Jeremy - I don't think I've heard in the last 10-12 shows......gave me new appreciation for it! Like seeing an old friend after a long time. Finally - Unthought Known......I just closed my eyes and enjoyed every single moment of it. Just a fantastic show start to finish!

Big thanks to Matt for making it a great evening....and even bigger thanks to everyone else who did not take either of our singles! Can't wait until Friday!!!
  • BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    WOW....I cannot believe last night. I go to school in Chicago and took the bus to St. Louis for the show. This was my 17th PJ show (I know that's not terribly impressive, but I'm proud of it for only 20 years alive :) ) I had one of the greatest times of my life. I literally NEVER thought I'd see the front row. I've had dreams about it and always wake up in slight disappointment. So yesterday I got to the show to meet up with a board member who had an extra ticket. To my complete shock, he handed me the ticket and it was section B row 1. It took me lots of checking and double checking to actually accept that we were front row DEAD CENTER. I always imagined my reaction to winning the lottery would just be to immediately scream, but I could barely react or accept it until security actually brought me down there and put the wristband on my hand. From there out, I couldn't contain the excitement that was running through me. I've been smiling ear to ear since then. The seat was face to face with Eddie. I got my first guitar pick and numerous waves from Eddie and Mike that sent chills down my spine. It didn't even feel like an arena show because the band was so fucking close. Ahh.. I still cannot believe I actually lived that out. I wish I could write more about the actual show, but I'm still having trouble forming complete thoughts. UNREAL. Thank you PJ :D
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    on the floor dead center 10 rows back (278,XXX)...i lost it when i got my tickets, it was something let me tell ya and for my girlfriends first show to be that close was priceless for me and for her

what a setlist, wish they would have played Amongst the Waves but thats ok im still riding high today
  • Went to both shows, amazing two nights. Did the same thing in '98 and I have to say these two trumped those two. Unlike that year, I have to say KC outshined the StL this time. Better venue, better crowd, better band energy. St. Louis might have had a better set list, but KC got a better show. Thanks, as always to the band and the 10club. NOW DON'T WAIT ANOTHER SIX YEARS TO COME BACK!
    7/27/1992: Lollapalooza, St. Louis; 7/11/1995: Soldier Field, Chicago
    7/2/1998: Riverport, St. Louis; 7/3/1998: Sandstone, KC; 10/9/2000: Rosemont Horizon, Chicago; 10/12/2000 Sandstone, KC; 6/12/2003: Sanstone, KC; 6/13/2003 MAC Center, Omaha
  • matt.wattmatt.watt Posts: 77
    WOW....I cannot believe last night. I go to school in Chicago and took the bus to St. Louis for the show. This was my 17th PJ show (I know that's not terribly impressive, but I'm proud of it for only 20 years alive :) ) I had one of the greatest times of my life. I literally NEVER thought I'd see the front row. I've had dreams about it and always wake up in slight disappointment. So yesterday I got to the show to meet up with a board member who had an extra ticket. To my complete shock, he handed me the ticket and it was section B row 1. It took me lots of checking and double checking to actually accept that we were front row DEAD CENTER. I always imagined my reaction to winning the lottery would just be to immediately scream, but I could barely react or accept it until security actually brought me down there and put the wristband on my hand. From there out, I couldn't contain the excitement that was running through me. I've been smiling ear to ear since then. The seat was face to face with Eddie. I got my first guitar pick and numerous waves from Eddie and Mike that sent chills down my spine. It didn't even feel like an arena show because the band was so fucking close. Ahh.. I still cannot believe I actually lived that out. I wish I could write more about the actual show, but I'm still having trouble forming complete thoughts. UNREAL. Thank you PJ :D

Were you the ones that got spit on by Ed, and then he threw you the towel? :lol: He was doing a lot of spitting last night!

Huge shoutout to my PJ friend dosdedosmisamigos for teaming up and getting to share the 10th row awesomeness with me. :)
  • Backspacer 76Backspacer 76 Posts: 960
    Great show!
    I haven't seen the guys since 2003 so I was really excited.
    Eddie was in a great mood and Stone was just rocking the hell out :D
    Drove up the day of the show from Memphis and got there at 5:00pm.
    Left after the show to drive back to Memphis and got home at 4:00 this morning
    cause I had to be at work at 8......Its going to be a long day :shock: