*** St Louis Fanviews Here 5/4/10 ***

Comments

• PolicemanPoliceman Posts: 61
    I am still recovering from last night's show! I was pissed at first with my seats not being on the floor. But we were in row G section closest to Mike, stage level. Much better than being on the floor sitting 20 rows back Thanks 10 Club. Mike was on fire! Good set list with a couple I had not heard live. We had a good time at the Pre Party. It is nice to be with a bunch of people for one night with the same love of this band as I have. I have to recharge my batteries, get my voice back before Indy on Friday!
    Don't it make you smile?
  • Tumby1974Tumby1974 Posts: 15
    Just Me wrote:
    448xxx got me section 117 row H - 2 rows behind the guy who took his shirt off and Eddie pointed out during the show.

Thanks to 10c for the awesome tickets - better than expected and the show was superb!

Huh. That's weird. I went through ticket master the first day they were available and got 117 row C...about two rows in front of guy who took off his shirt. I'd thought ten club would be all floor stuff.

Anyway, incredible, incredible show. Mike's side, three rows off the floor..my closest concert yet. It's such a different experience when you can actually see what they are doing on stage, and see their faces reacting and all of that. Amazing. It was awesome to get Pilate, In Hiding, Garden(!) and the others!

Pearl Jam...don't wait another 6 years to come back to St .Louis! :)
    St. Louis 7-2-1998
    St. Louis 10-11-2000
    St. Louis 4-22-2003
    St. Louis 10-5-2004
    St. Louis 05-04-2010
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 618
    Member # 148xxx... 8th row on Stone's side.

THANK YOU TEN CLUB FOR ALL YOU DO! THANK YOU PEARL JAM!
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
  • Laf9124Laf9124 Posts: 342
    wnh1977 wrote:
    Member # 148xxx... 8th row on Stone's side.

THANK YOU TEN CLUB FOR ALL YOU DO! THANK YOU PEARL JAM!

I second this. #146*** ended up with 8th row dead center. Thanks Ten Club--see ya Friday!
  • sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    193,000 put me in section B row 17. Great seats right in the front of the second section. I had my light up stick man shirt, it's a little loud but i love it. Ed pointed it out during Glorified G, my rock star moment of the night!
  • RosewoodRosewood Posts: 24
    This was the 3rd time seeing them in STL (and show #53 overall). The last STL show was Vote for Change at the Fox which was a fantastic night, so I was hoping to get another memorably great show - and the star last night really was the setlist!

We were on the far left of row 13 on Mike's side (fc# 176###) - thanks Tenclub! Crowd seemed to vary a lot in terms of their enthusiasm with the show. The folks who were in the first section off the floor on Mike's side were rocking out all night. The people immediately around us were kind of lame overall for being on the floor near the front - just me and like 2 other people were really enjoying the variety in the setlist. Quite a few people were drunk and possibly messed up on other things, which may be why they were out of it.

When they played DTE followed by Why Go early into things, I was hoping for a lot of fast numbers and energy and boy did the band deliver! The show totally flew past. Stone was on fire! At one point I thought his head would spin off he was shaking his head from side to side so fast. Did he start Daughter with an electric guitar, or was I dreaming that? The guys were definitely having fun, and feeding off the energy. Jeff was running in circles at one point. Ed was twirling the mic around Daltry-style as well. He threw out at least 4 tambourines during Baba if I recall, one he made sure went to a young boy at the show with his dad - they were in the front on the side section near Mike. During Alive I thought Ed was going to try to jump closer to the people on the Mike side, but he couldn't get there.

For me, Unthought Known is just a fantastic live song. I love when Ed shines the guitar on the audience at the end of Half Full. Not For You and RVM are two songs I love hearing at any show. The crowd really seemed to be singing along to In Hiding which was a great version. Hearing Jeremy is always fun for me, since it's played so rarely. Great version of the Fixer - best I've heard yet I think. Ed had a problem with his guitar early into RVM, and did a nice switch out of his guitar before the jam started. Nice to hear Garden again (last time for me was MSG2 2008) – hope it's coming into regular rotation. Now I’m hoping we get some equally good setlist surprises when I see them in Buffalo and NYC!
  • fobstlfobstl Posts: 4
    Laf9124 wrote:
    Just got to work in Chicago after driving back from St. Louis with a two hour Rest Stop nap.....

All I can say is thank god I went.....what a show. When my buddy had to cancel I had serious thoughts about not going and just eating the tickets - the prospect of driving 4 1/2 hours after working a half day (also after being up with the 5 month old all night) and then driving 4 1/2 hours back home to be at work by 8:00 am just isn't as appealing as it once was.

After failing to find anyone to take my extra single I reached out to matt.watt who also had an extra single to see if we could team up and offer our two singles as a pair....and it couldn't have worked out better! We found a couple fans at the show to take the extra pair - much easier than getting rid of 2 singles. And even better - Matt won the lottery with his 43XXXX 10C# - suddenly I went from undecided about even going to 10th row dead center!!!

The show was fantastic....the crowd around us was into it all night - some great fans in the area. One couple brought the cutest little girl who was an angel all night - gave me hopes of bringing my little guy some day :) One thing I have to disagree about it only being 75% full......maybe 90%. About half of the third deck was empty - similar to Cleveland 2006 which was another amazing show.

RVM was one of the better versions I've ever heard, Eddie stopping Mike when he started YLB too early was funny. Pilate - wow! Was surprised how many peaople were singing along! Glorified G was another highlight - always great live! And Jeremy - I don't think I've heard in the last 10-12 shows......gave me new appreciation for it! Like seeing an old friend after a long time. Finally - Unthought Known......I just closed my eyes and enjoyed every single moment of it. Just a fantastic show start to finish!

Big thanks to Matt for making it a great evening....and even bigger thanks to everyone else who did not take either of our singles! Can't wait until Friday!!!

That was my daughter! :-)
    My wife and I were 2 seats in from you. Your daughter did great and kept the ear muffs on quite nicely. Can never get my daughter to keep them on!

Member #145xxx got us 8th row 2 seats off center. Awesome seats and an awesome show.
  • pearlhawkpearlhawk Posts: 634
    I sat in section 118, row M. Awesome show. It's hard to say which show was better (STL and KC), I guess it just depends on what set-list you like. I think the energy from the crowd the entire night in Kansas City was better, and I liked the encores there better than St. Louis. While I had floor tickets for Kansas City, I think the side view from St. Louis at the plaza level was better.

Great shows. I only wish I was following the band for the rest of this tour.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    St. Louis 7/1/2011 (EV Solo)
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Great show.
    Garden
    Always nice to cross an opener and "closer" off the list of witnessed tunes, for 5 total
    Pilate, mm mm mm
    Garden
    The band was energetic as hell
    Ed was possessed and spent alotta time "with" our section 101.
    Stone was rockin like 2k and before
    GARDEN!!!
    In Hiding should be played every show... It soars
    Inside Job with the double neck...nice!!
    First celeb encounter at a PJ show. Brushed shoulders with Joe Buck. Didn't recognize his face in passing(he looks older in person), but he definitely has that voice.
  • mikesbrimikesbri Toronto Posts: 965
    I found this review for those that were there.

http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/atoz/2 ... garden.php
    Barrie 98, Toronto 00, Toronto 03, Buffalo 03, Toronto 05, Hamilton 05, Kitchener 05, Toronto 06 I II, Lolla 07, Vedder Toronto I II, Toronto 09, Philly Oct 30 & 31 2009, Buffalo 2010, Cleveland 2010, Toronto I II 2011, Hamilton 2011, Ottawa 2011, London 2013, Buffalo 2013, Pittsburgh 2013, FLL 2016, Miami 2016, Tor I & II 2016, Barcelona 2018, Toronto 2022, Ottawa 2022, Quebec City 2022, Hamilton 2022
  • t0mMyet0mMye Posts: 821
    I was annoying the hell out of the security guys for the setlist, because I saw it from my 5th row seat, and finally a Scottstrade Arena guy I talked to earlier gave me his set list, so I'd shut up. Kinda disappointed they left Sleight Of Hand, Go, Given To Fly, and Spin The Black Circle off, but one hellacious show i'll never forget. I would upload it, but I don't know how.

Wow I wish they had added those as well....still good though!
    Ten Club # 433608, when I am 80 I will be in the front row!
    Ten Club #433, and whatever the last 3 digits are its in my sig. Section 102, 3rd row, on the end. Was very happy with the seats, just off the floor and was a nice view. Sat next to a couple and their 2 children, a boy and a girl. They brought headphones for em and the boy looked like he slept like a rock the whole time. This family flat out rocked, tons of energy and they really pulled me into it at times I was kind of caught up in the moment. The woman and I banged hands and probably heads even a few times from moving around lol. Anyways nice family and glad we sat by you. The floor was just shaking the whole time almost.

Crowd was fantastic. Only my 2nd PJ show, other was Chicago II from last year and this crowd was WAY more into it, sorry Chicago! Placed looked pretty packed to me and I checked several times. No way was it 75%, I say 90% at least. Sound was good, Ed's voice sounded great, looks thinner, more active and he really didnt banter too too much with the crowd, didnt have to we were just making a lot of noise and the band really had some pep. Stone was really rocking on some of the songs. Mike was all over the place as usual, guy should weigh 70lbs from all that energy. When Ed spotted the guy with the tshirt off he mentioned "Smells like a little Teen Spirit", was hoping they would rip into that song for fun lol

Seemed like a lot of this years tshirts were cool, didnt buy anything however. The poster was great for STL, I am not a Cardinal fan so I passed but I know others will really dig it. People were friendly, great staff at Scottrade..couldn't be happier. STl should be played more, the crowd was just fantastic.
  • InHerOwnWorldInHerOwnWorld Posts: 592
    Second row in front of Mr. McCready. So fucking amazing. Thanks for everything boys. Come back soon. :mrgreen:
  • InHerOwnWorldInHerOwnWorld Posts: 592
    t0mMye wrote:
    really didnt banter too too much with the crowd

He talked to me when he came over to Mike's side of the stage. He thought he knew me from somewhere. :lol: I was so star struck I didn't know what to say back.
  • Slow MoeSlow Moe Posts: 87
    I Thoroughly enjoyed the St Louis show!!! One of the best performances by the band I've seen yet!!!
    I'm not a big Jeremy fan, but the version they played last night just kicked ASS!!! Too many highpoints to single out any, but I sure liked the high energy setlist.
    Also got to meet some really fun 10C members at the pre-parties for both KC & this show.
    Wrigley Field (Chicago) 7/19/13, Pacific Coliseum (Vancouver) 9/25/11, ScottTrade Center (St. Louis) 5/4/10, Sprint Center (KC) 5/3/10, Wachovia Spectrum Arena (Philadelphia) - 10/31/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/22/09, Key Arena (Seattle) - 9/21/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/24/09, United Center (Chicago) - 8/23/09, Colonial Center (Columbia, SC) - 6/16/08, The Vic Theatre (Chicago) - 8/02/07, Pepsi Center (Denver) - 7/02/06

Actually come to think of it, I just might be a puddle full of detriment.
  • elvis47374elvis47374 Posts: 10
    Forgive my ignorance-what is the significance of the 10CLUB # and seating? I assume the lower the number the more seniority and the better the seats. What should I expect for Columbus and Indy with 221xxx???
  • I'm reading how many people got lucky and won the lottery. That is freaking awesome! It gives me hope. I've never been close and I'm short and I'm taking my 11 year old daughter with me for her first concert. If we were close it would be a once in a lifetime thing for us. I'm so excited we get to experience this together. I think I'll be watching her reaction just as much as the band. I CAN NOT WAIT!
    It's an art to live with pain.. mix the light into gray.
  • llovellove Posts: 106
    My second PJ show and I had fantastic seats - Section 102 and loved it, number 443xxx. Our section never sat down and danced the whole show. SO MUCH energy! I was stunned, amazed and freakin' delirious with joy. Now I'm having withdrawals today. Wish I could travel and see all the shows! Become a "Jam-Head".

The setlist was awesome! So much dancing - I love to see Eddie dance and then Stone...what can I say? He was moving and rocking out too! So fun to watch them having fun. I think since Stone grew his hair out, he's gotten frisky. ;)

Thanks 10c for my great tickets and to the organizers of the Wishlist Foundation fundraiser for having a great pre-party too! I won a t-shirt and patch at the raffle...I loved all of it!

Definitely worth the drive to St Louis from Nashville.

Peace and love.
    :D
    makes much more sense, to live in the present tense
  • TP262221TP262221 Posts: 21
    262221 ended us up section 118 row u. There were some other ten club guys who sat right next to me at both KC and st Louis.

At KC I had row two....FLR6. Really didn't catch the FLR6 portion until seated towards the back of the floor. I believe the third section of floor seats on the left.

Almost skipped out on the St Louis poster. Reminds me too much of the cardinals. (avid baseball fan here)
    llove wrote:
    My second PJ show and I had fantastic seats - Section 102 and loved it, number 443xxx. Our section never sat down and danced the whole show. SO MUCH energy!
    :D

I sat there as well, was a lot of fun!
  • Both KC and STL were amazing!!! Went with In Ed's Tree and since we both had 10C pairs, we sold the extras (glad you liked the seats Pearlhawk!). It was interesting that our numbers are about 80,000 apart, and my seats were about 5 rows behind hers (in both places). We were in 118 row F on Mike's side, and we rocked the f' out. :mrgreen:

When a 5th row ticket fell into our lap, we debated whether or not to take it since there was only one, but then we ended up splitting it - I went down for the main set and then we switched she went down for the encores. I honestly don't know which seats I liked better having enjoyed the show from 2 vantage points. Even better we each got the ONE song we wanted to hear most of all - hers being Pilate and mine being In Hiding :P

Can't be said enough how much amazing energy there was.

31584_392224817019_588387019_3856199_3751495_n.jpg
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • LotteryWinnerLotteryWinner Posts: 119
    Awesome freaking show. 340,XXX got me 101 row N which I was kind of worried about, but man I was thrilled by the time we started rocking. Took a lot of pictures with my camera until the security guard told me to stop. He said it was to good for what they were allowing, yet I asked the ticket window and security on the way in. I think they were getting upset with a lot of people in 101 about shooting videos which I was not. Being on the tech side I took a lot of pictures of the gear before sets were starting and stumbled across the set list.

Once I saw the set list to be played I knew it was going to rock. Was great to see the boys rock after catching the Eddie only shows the past couple years.

Lots of pictures here of the boys and Band of Horses. http://picasaweb.google.com/tiggy.pop/PearlJamAtScottTradeCenter542010#
    Great pics, thanks
  • Both KC and STL were amazing!!! Went with In Ed's Tree and since we both had 10C pairs, we sold the extras (glad you liked the seats Pearlhawk!). It was interesting that our numbers are about 80,000 apart, and my seats were about 5 rows behind hers (in both places). We were in 118 row F on Mike's side, and we rocked the f' out. :mrgreen:

When a 5th row ticket fell into our lap, we debated whether or not to take it since there was only one, but then we ended up splitting it - I went down for the main set and then we switched she went down for the encores. I honestly don't know which seats I liked better having enjoyed the show from 2 vantage points. Even better we each got the ONE song we wanted to hear most of all - hers being Pilate and mine being In Hiding :P

Nice, you two were right next to me (5th row)- The switch was great- when your friend came down she added a huge burst of energy to the section! Cheers~

Some links from our seats!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj1kKL_ZJh4
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhNWVcqN8zg
    Both KC and STL were amazing!!! Went with In Ed's Tree and since we both had 10C pairs, we sold the extras (glad you liked the seats Pearlhawk!). It was interesting that our numbers are about 80,000 apart, and my seats were about 5 rows behind hers (in both places). We were in 118 row F on Mike's side, and we rocked the f' out. :mrgreen:

31584_392224817019_588387019_3856199_3751495_n.jpg

Yes, the seats were great. Thank you so much. I didn't realize you were in the same section. We had floor tickets about halfway back for Kansas City, and I think i preferred the side seats on the plaza level vs. being halfway back.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
    AmyMoore wrote:

Wow, great videos, and good quality. Just as I remember it.
    -Pearlhawk.

Kansas City 5/3/2010
    St. Louis 5/4/2010
    East Troy 9/3/2011
    East Troy 9/4/2011
    Wrigley Field 7/19/2013
  • gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    just got home from St. louis- great show!
    I guess I'm getting old 'cause I'm in bad shape... no voice left (at all) and I feel like I got hit by a truck
    That's what back to back killer shows will do to you though
    169xxx got me 12th row Mike's side (last night 12th row stone's side)
    I thought kc was better crowd but like I said, I myself didn't have the energy I had in kc
    I dont know how the boys do it night after night
    stone was on fire for sure, pilate was badass...everything ...great setlst all around
    I have to work the next couple of days to recharge my batteries then up to buffalo :D
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • jpercyjpercy Posts: 2
    My second time seeing PJ first was at the Fox in 93. Great show but I was a little bummed that the posters were sold out by the time I got there, so if anyone has an extra they could sell ,or if anyone knows if the website will be reselling the posters from this tour let me know ! Please !!!
  • Does anyone recall hearing Mike play a few riffs of stevie ray vaughan's mary had a little lamb? I think it was sometime during the 2nd encore set. Ed followed by saying something like "Sometime Mike just does that kind of stuff."