Dark Knight Rises 7 20 12

15678911»

Comments

• kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    i wonder how soon news will come out for the batman reboot though... 2, 3 years??

I'm going with three to four years. They're probably going to want to duplicate Marvel's success with The Avengers and do a JLA type movie ... so that could be pretty cool ... or really, really sucky.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • goldrushgoldrush Posts: 7,478
    Here's an interesting take on where the Batman franchise could go from here:
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/08/06/dark-knight-rises-batman-franchise/
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    goldrush wrote:

There are plenty of Batman villians that were not covered in the latest trilogy. They might as well just have the JGL character become the new Batman and take on these villians. They can even re-use The Riddler from the previous trilogy.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i think the studio has set it up for a Robin series with JGL ... they do face a monumental task of not hollywood'ing this production ... if they do use JGL - then it's essentially a continuation of Nolan's batman in terms of continuity ...

they would need to find a compelling storyline that is at least equal to that of these recent movies ...

perhaps - the retirement of gordon is followed by a hard line push by the 1% folks that got dragged out on the streets ... we see an even bigger disparity between rich and poor in gotham ... and the crime element again begins to build ... and that's where robin kicks in ... i haven't read of the comics myself so it's probably gonna have to come from some existing story line ...
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,779
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    goldrush wrote:

There are plenty of Batman villians that were not covered in the latest trilogy. They might as well just have the JGL character become the new Batman and take on these villians. They can even re-use The Riddler from the previous trilogy.

JGL Taking up the mantle of Batman IMO was to satisfy Nolan's Trilogy Theme of inspiring good, and to finish Bruce Wayne's character arc. I doubt they will start where TDKR ended....they supposedly will take off after Batman Begins and just go from there.I think the public would have a tough time accepting anyone other than Bruce Wayne as Batman...it works in Nolan's Trilogy as an ending.

There's rumors..actually a lil more than rumors that Ben Affleck is in strong consideration to direct the Justice League movie. And that he has stated he no longer will direct films that he DOESNT star in.....could he be the new Batman....God help us all :lol: Some are saying its more likely he plays Flash. Ben's big at WB...so I could see this happening.
  • markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,127
    Finally saw it last night. Thought it was a good movie, probably rating it 7.5/10. It was a fitting end to a great Batman trilogy. My biggest complaint was not being able to understand Bane all the time. Also, at times it seemed like this one should have been the second movie in the trilogy instead of the third movie.

Have to say I was surprised by Anne Hathaway. I've never been a fan of hers, but she pulled off Selina Kyle better than I thought she would.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,785
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Ok, so I got the DArk Knight Rises on DVD for like 8 bucks. I was surprised to see it so cheap. I wasnt excited about it because I wasnt a fan of the Dark Knight. But I felt like I should give the Dark Knight another chance and it might get me ready to watch Rises later.

Dark Knight is possibly the worst editing and consistency in any movie i've ever seen.
    There are so many cuts that are inconsistent -- and at one point in the beginning of the movie, Bruce Wayne is speaking, and it cuts to a different angle and his voice continues but his LIPS ARENT MOVING! For a multi-million dollar movie, that is just laughable and makes it very hard to sink into movie watching mode.

I guess Im just one of those rare few who didnt think this movie was anything special.

There's a shit ton more listed here:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/trivia?tab=gf

I do have an open mind for RIses though..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    My bro got me the DKR DVD/BluRay combo pack for Christmas. Movie on BluRay and DVD, and extras on the third BluRay disc. I don't have a BluRay player :fp:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    kw18 wrote:
    My bro got me the DKR DVD/BluRay combo pack for Christmas. Movie on BluRay and DVD, and extras on the third BluRay disc. I don't have a BluRay player :fp:
    I think its time to get a BR player. They are pretty cheap and well worth the investment.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    kw18 wrote:
    I think its time to get a BR player. They are pretty cheap and well worth the investment.

Meh. I'm fairly confident all digital is right around the corner; I'd rather wait for that.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

Meh. I'm fairly confident all digital is right around the corner; I'd rather wait for that.

Is bluray quality feasible without a physical format? Those run from around 30 gb for a single layer brd.

I thought DKR was pretty kickass. Don't think it needed to be quite as long and Bane's voice was stupid, but aside from that I was pumped to be watching it pretty well the whole time.

When I went to buy they had the DKN bluray for $25 or the whole trilogy for $28, so I opted for that.

I'd rank them from top to bottom

Batman Begins
    Dark Knight Rises
    Dark Knight-I think Ledger's Joker is so overhyped

Heard rumors that Joseph Gordon Levitt was gonna play Batman in the next movie, but it seemed like they left this series open for at least one more movie.
  • Big fan of Bane's character and DKR. Saw it 3x in the theatre and last night on Bluray.

I like that they didn't settle for the Penguin or the Riddler. Loved the Cat Burglar though. ("Anne Hathaway of making me horny") lol

Hoping I get Bane bobble head for Xmas!
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • DewieCox wrote:
    Heard rumors that Joseph Gordon Levitt was gonna play Batman in the next movie, but it seemed like they left this series open for at least one more movie.

I think it was the JLA movie, but doubt those rumors are true. Its looking like they are gonna take a more comic book approach to the JLA movie, and Nolan's movies were more reality based. Never know what Hollywood will do though.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    i love the trilogy and really enjoyed dkr despite it's flaws. watching it again though, i can't get the flaws out of my head. my main gripe is the timeline of pretty much the entire movie. still a great comic book movie.

i'd rank them:

batman begins---think the story was the best. i also think i prefer the slightly smaller scope than the next 2---dealing with mainly the mob and then the league of shadows.

dark knight---phenomenal sequel. one of the best sequels ever. had it's flaws, but ledger's performance was so fucking good.

dark knight rises---gotta expect the 3rd movie of a trilogy to fall off a bit. still pretty fucking good.
    www.myspace.com
    8305496531_8852126f62_n.jpg
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Extremely disappointing movie...

• That was hilarious. And I actually thought that movie was OK for awhile...then I realized it was becasue 45 minutes into it, I hadnt heard that ridiculous Batman voice yet! haha, not bad movie though...

Is there one of these for the Dark Knight? That had so many terrible edits and mistakes too.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Is there one of these for the Dark Knight? That had so many terrible edits and mistakes too.

No they did one for the new spider-man movie, maybe they will go back and make one for TDK.