10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,938
    I'm really bummed that I missed out on this last time, and would love to do it this time. LIke others said, a great line-up (BOH sunset acoustic set!) But is the cheapest option really $1300 per person? I wish I could justify spending nearly 4 grand (after airfare and other stuff) on a vacation but I just can't. Oh well. Will enjoy the bootlegs for sure and wait for them to tour in the northeast :)
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    edited June 2014
    It's probably going to end up being around $1500 with taxes and shuttle and just buying some things in general like Merch. But it was hands down the best week of my life... Like minded people all over, great vibes, tons of activities, and oh the music wasn't shabby either, ha.

It will be better than any vacation you would plan. I also got about $2,500 worth of food and beer alone so there's that.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,421

It's probably going to end up being around $1500 with taxes and shuttle and just buying some things in general like Merch. But it was hands down the best week of my life... Like minded people all over, great vibes, tons of activities, and oh the music wasn't shabby either, ha.

It will be better than any vacation you would plan. I also got about $2,500 worth of food and beer alone so there's that.

yeah....a typical price for an all inclusive, plus mmj

since you were there last time, did you see members of the band hanging out at the resort or were they in a vip section? and at the pool and stuff, were they playing cool music like mmj or was it regular pool/resort music?

ALSO-----since war on drugs is going to be there, what do you guys think the chances are of them opening for mmj on their next tour? i would love to see them and to see them w/mmj--that would be pretty, pretty good.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I was already planning to do "One Big Holiday" this year...especially after the delayed release for the new album. Hoping they break out a bunch of the new songs in Mexico!
    With the Band Of Horses announcement, this becomes a "Must Attend" event for me now!!
    Looking forward to the Dawes & War On Drugs sets too.
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    Damn, I didn't even know about OBH. 2015 isn't possible for me, but I'm going to try to make it to 2016 if they do it again. Have never seen them live, so might as well do it with a bang. My wife will have just graduated nursing school at that point, so that would be a great way to celebrate.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    Juggler.... MMJ stayed down the street but I met Patrick the drummer, Carl and Bo a few times just walking around throughout the week. Also, Bob Weir I saw walking around and chatted with some of the Preservation guys and the Bronx Mariachi band.

The best was running into Wayne Coyne at 3am the last night at the after party and he made me take a selfie with him. The only one I've ever taken and probably will take, ha.

So to answer your question.... They are always hovering around all week. Oh and McLovin' was there too.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Forgot to register for the pre-sale, so I have to wait until tomorrow. Assuming rooms are still available, I am going.
  • Options
    They will be up for months if not the entire time.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 644
    Sad to report we are skipping OBH2. :( We had a great time at OBH, but were hoping for OBH2 that they would choose a different location and that we'd like the other acts better (hoping for Alabama Shakes and don't like BOH). Also, we have a Vegas trip planned in March for NCAAs, so doing both so close together just wasn't working.

But anyone who is thinking of going for the first time, it is definitely fun and worth the money.
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    Interesting... I think this is the best lineup they could have possibly assembled. And I enjoy the Skaes as well but they have nowhere near the amount of material or range that BOH does.

Anyone else on here going?
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 644
    Eh, AS probably aren't headliner material, but IMO neither is BOH. But people don't go for the lineup, they go for MMJ! It was just one of the "Cons" on our Pro and Con list.

Enjoy the trip!
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    See I think BOH is a big headliner. Much more than the Flips last year.

Down in Pensacola for Deluna, BOH played 2 spots before Pearl Jam and that weekend was packed with tons of big time headliners. If there weren't any good other bands going this year I wouldn't be able to get anyone to go. Luckily, we have a big crew this year after finally hearing who is going down.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

Interesting... I think this is the best lineup they could have possibly assembled. And I enjoy the Skaes as well but they have nowhere near the amount of material or range that BOH does.

I'm planning on going this year!!!
    With Band Of Horses on the bill...I really can't miss this one!!!
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    nigelknoxnigelknox Posts: 20
    I am. I was there this year, and it was great. I saw Bob Weir in our building within an hour of arriving. I also saw Bo, Carl, Tommy, and Patrick at different times. Tommy was standing in the back at the end of Flaming Lips. I never saw Jim walking around at all or at the dance party. I saw Preservation Hall at breakfast two mornings, and you couldn't help but run into Wayne Coyne and McLovin all the time. Apparently Bo and Carl participated in the poker tournament if you're into that sort of thing.

The line-up this year is stellar.
  • Options

Yep. Looking forward to it.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    88 days (including early time)
    Post edited by The Fixer on
  • Options
    Hell yeah... Looks like it sold out this year, too. I guess the crazy awesome reviews from everyone played a part in that.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    crowes74crowes74 Posts: 273
    I don't know how this couldn't be a great time. Jealous of all that's going. Have a great time.
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,792
    Too bad PJ doesn't do this
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Jealous doesn't even begin to cover it when it comes to OBH. That line up is flawless, some of my very favorites, plus an all-inclusive in Mexico? Amazing! Incredible! Gonna need a report back from all those who are going!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    samjam said:

Jealous doesn't even begin to cover it when it comes to OBH. That line up is flawless, some of my very favorites, plus an all-inclusive in Mexico? Amazing! Incredible! Gonna need a report back from all those who are going!

It was the best time of my life hands down last year. Concert or no concert.... Tons of likeminded people and now this year an iron proof, big time lineup. I suggest everyone sell a few pieces of wax or a couple of posters and go.

Well I think it's sold out so nvm... But you catch my drift.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,167
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,421
    a couple new albums plus a jj solo in the works? fuck. yes.

by the way--the basement tapes is awesome. and i saw him and tom morello do ghost of tom joad on some springsteen tribute last night too. anyone catch that?

jim james is everywhere, focker.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    jonsey30jonsey30 Rochester Hills, MI Posts: 998
    When is MMJ going to freaking tour? I know they came here with Bob Dylan and Wilco ( I think), 2 summers ago, but I mean a headlining tour. The last I remember had to have been like 4-5 years ago, and I missed that show, which was at Meadowbrook, a tiny amphitheater.
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL
    10/11/13 - Pittsburgh, PA
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, NY
    10/16/2014 - Detroit, MI
    5/10/2016 - Toronto, ON
    3/24/2020 - Hamilton, ON
    9/7/2023 - Chicago, IL

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,167
    jonsey30 said:

When is MMJ going to freaking tour? I know they came here with Bob Dylan and Wilco ( I think), 2 summers ago, but I mean a headlining tour. The last I remember had to have been like 4-5 years ago, and I missed that show, which was at Meadowbrook, a tiny amphitheater.

hopefully after the One Big Holiday show next month. Maybe spring?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

samjam said:

It was the best time of my life hands down last year. Concert or no concert.... Tons of likeminded people and now this year an iron proof, big time lineup. I suggest everyone sell a few pieces of wax or a couple of posters and go.

you do any excursions last year? I'm not into snorkeling or scuba, but the caves, springs, and ruins sound cool. recommend...do and/or don't?

I like the lineup except for band of horses. don't understand the love for them

samjam said:

you do any excursions last year? I'm not into snorkeling or scuba, but the caves, springs, and ruins sound cool. recommend...do and/or don't?

I will have plenty of free time during the band of horses sets.
  • Options
    ^ BoH and Dr. Dog are two of the best live bands you can see now. Idk how familiar you are with their material but go listen to Live at The Ryman, it's awesome. Plus the crowd will be Rocking and Yim and company will come out to play a few songs I'm sure.

And I signed up for the golf tourney last year but they made it at like 7am to get the shuttle. I went to bed at like 5:30 or something so clearly didn't make that but it looks like tht learned their lesson and made it noon this year.

Everything I heard from people last year were that the excursions were aweosme so I need to see which ones I want to do. The problem is that you are gone for a real good portion of the day though because all the traveling and you are on your own with food and drinks while off the resort.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,618

^ BoH and Dr. Dog are two of the best live bands you can see now. Idk how familiar you are with their material but go listen to Live at The Ryman, it's awesome. Plus the crowd will be Rocking and Yim and company will come out to play a few songs I'm sure.

And I signed up for the golf tourney last year but they made it at like 7am to get the shuttle. I went to bed at like 5:30 or something so clearly didn't make that but it looks like tht learned their lesson and made it noon this year.

Everything I heard from people last year were that the excursions were aweosme so I need to see which ones I want to do. The problem is that you are gone for a real good portion of the day though because all the traveling and you are on your own with food and drinks while off the resort.

Do any of the excursions involve a line? I need a line the day of the show to really get ready. And I mean an actual line-up of people, not a line of coke. Just let me line up for seats, merch, a glass of water, something...
  • Options
    Ha, na I don't think so. You buy the excursions before the trip although if it isn't filled I think you can just buy it once you get there. Don't quote me though.

Also, I highly recommend the steam room/ massage deal at the resort. Sooooo relaxing.
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '18- Fenway