Options

My Morning Jacket

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited July 2017
    Rain + no tubes = I hope the poster sucks tonight so I'm not tempted lol

I totally dropped the ball on that vermont show... that is something I would definitely road trip for
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,840
    parking for Merriweather is gonna be weird  It's free and all.  but you had to pick a lot and they have certain times you can park there.  Like i'm in lot 2 which opens at 6pm.  some open at 4:30 and also 5.  I could try for another lot ot just stick this one out.  oh well.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    parking for Merriweather is gonna be weird  It's free and all.  but you had to pick a lot and they have certain times you can park there.  Like i'm in lot 2 which opens at 6pm.  some open at 4:30 and also 5.  I could try for another lot ot just stick this one out.  oh well.
    Does it state what time the lots open on the parking tickets? I haven't looked at mine
  • Options
    I doubt they turn people away if they arrive early? Haven't been down this season so I haven't used the new parking system yet
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    Man, this GA area is tiny.  The smallest i've ever seen.
  • Options
    BH304897BH304897 Posts: 137
    Glad no one took me up on the ticket offer as all flights in and out of the DC area are on hold due to weather. No show for me. 
  • Options
    It only rained enough to almost wet the sidewalk.  It is so humid it's steamy.
  • Options
    BH304897BH304897 Posts: 137
    edited July 2017
    Okay so now that I know it didn't rain much and that the GA pit is tiny, is there any way you could update the set list by song to prolong the pain by the minute? I kid I kid.
  • Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    There is a chance I might not be able to make it tomorrow night, and will have two tickets I can't use. Not the best seats, but let me know if anyone is interested, free.
  • Options
    BH304897 said:
    Okay so now that I know it didn't rain much and that the GA pit is tiny, is there any way you could update the set list by song to prolong the pain by the minute? I kid I kid.
    That tiny pit was oversold by a few hundred.  I left it for the lawn.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

TONIGHT!!!!

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    CopperTom said:
    BH304897 said:
    Merriweather was tiny?  Front to back yeah i guess it was smaller than most.  I was right behind the pit (left Orchestra) so i had a pretty good view.  Getting there was a pain.  Rained/down poured for more than half of my trip there. 

Gary Clark Jr. was fantastic.  Played for an hour. MMJ went on at 8:30 and played just until about 11:00.  Knocked off a few songs which i hadn't heard yet like Phone Went West and Picture of You so that was cool.  Great set list as always.  Highlights were actually Phone Went West, Mahgeetah and Tropics.  Jim didn't really talk too much though. Awesome show, can't wait to see them again. 

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    CopperTom said:
    BH304897 said:
    Merriweather was tiny?  Front to back yeah i guess it was smaller than most.  I was right behind the pit (left Orchestra) so i had a pretty good view.  Getting there was a pain.  Rained/down poured for more than half of my trip there. 

Gary Clark Jr. was fantastic.  Played for an hour. MMJ went on at 8:30 and played just until about 11:00.  Knocked off a few songs which i hadn't heard yet like Phone Went West and Picture of You so that was cool.  Great set list as always.  Highlights were actually Phone Went West, Mahgeetah and Tropics.  Jim didn't really talk too much though. Awesome show, can't wait to see them again. 

The pit was small, so I thought I'd stand in the very back and lean against the concrete wall / railing.  Shortly after MMJ went on, it got tight.  Then it got shoulder to shoulder tight.  Then hip to hip tight.  Then chest to back tight too.  Mind you I'm in the very rear of the section.  I was getting pressed upon from the left, right and front with a concrete wall / railing behind me.  That was the least safe I've ever felt in a pit and I did GA in Mexico.  After Evil Urges, I left the pit.  The people around me left at the same time too.  It was somehow even tighter near the stairway exits.  I noticed plenty of wristbands on the lawn.  Roll Call should have done a better job allocating the correct number of tickets.  That was unsafe.

I was impressed by Gary Clark.  JJ only spoke about 2 sentences to the crowd the entire night.  
  • Options
    Anyone familiar with Forest Hills venue? I just read that there is no parking lot lol. Any suggestions were to park? I'll b coming from middle NJ. Anyone know the curfew? I'm thinking 10 if the venue is located in a neighborhood
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Anybody see the poster? It was sold out by time we arrived
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Options
    my2hands said:
    Anybody see the poster? It was sold out by time we arrived
    i did, it was ok, kinda bland i thought.

No automatic alt text available

CopperTom said:
    CopperTom said:
    BH304897 said:

The pit was small, so I thought I'd stand in the very back and lean against the concrete wall / railing.  Shortly after MMJ went on, it got tight.  Then it got shoulder to shoulder tight.  Then hip to hip tight.  Then chest to back tight too.  Mind you I'm in the very rear of the section.  I was getting pressed upon from the left, right and front with a concrete wall / railing behind me.  That was the least safe I've ever felt in a pit and I did GA in Mexico.  After Evil Urges, I left the pit.  The people around me left at the same time too.  It was somehow even tighter near the stairway exits.  I noticed plenty of wristbands on the lawn.  Roll Call should have done a better job allocating the correct number of tickets.  That was unsafe.

I was impressed by Gary Clark.  JJ only spoke about 2 sentences to the crowd the entire night.  
    i did notice a few people leave the pit area and hung out elsewhere.  where were you standing in the pit? my one friend said she was very hot and sweating the entire time.  There was apparently a pool backstage though?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Cant wait for tonight!
    From what I hear it is a total waste of time to drive.
    Also, it seems like getting in and out of the venue is a bitch.  Go early.  MMJ on @7:20 and strict 10pm curfew. Go early.

• Options
    WM31482WM31482 New York, NY Posts: 563
    Anyone familiar with Forest Hills venue? I just read that there is no parking lot lol. Any suggestions were to park? I'll b coming from middle NJ. Anyone know the curfew? I'm thinking 10 if the venue is located in a neighborhood

Doors are @ 5PM, Gary Clark Jr. is @ 6PM, and MMJ @ 7:30PM. 

If they have been playing 2.5 hours, that'd make it 10PM

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,996
    I dig the poster from last night. Who's the artist?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options

Walking in to Forest Hills Stadium,
    you get a sense that you are going to a very special place.

The grounds are immaculate and I'm not sure I've ever met friendlier merch and concession sales people any where.
    It feels like a small venue that seats close to 15,000!!!

Thanks to a Pearl Jam fan that noticed my PJ shirt...
    We were able to score BOTH posters for the show!!
    LOVE the "official" poster of Jim's sampler by Clinton Reno,
    and the Waterfall inspired poster by a local artist featuring the horseshoe shape of the venue is really sweet too!!

The show itself was a NON-STOP marathon of My Morning Jacket at their very best...
    One of the best setlists I've seen...
    Lay Low, Golden, Tropics and Phone Went West were INCREDIBLE...
    but that run of Spring into Dondante into Victory Dance and the end of Run Thru blew me away!!
    Patrick's drumming on Run Thru is just STELLAR!!!
    This was without a doubt the loudest crowds to sing along with the band I've heard...
    during One Big Holiday,
    I'm not sure I heard Jim at all...the audience took this song over!!

Met so many GREAT people here too...
    I've noticed many more Pearl Jam fans catching My Morning Jacket shows over the past few years,
    and it's always fun seeing how many Pearl Jam T-shirts you see at a My Morning Jacket show.
    The 2 communities are very similar and it's really cool to see how well everyone gets along at their shows
    This was DEFINITELY the highlight of my summer concert season and it's gonna be hard to top this experience!

If you ever get a chance to see a show at Forest Hills Stadium...GO...it really is a SPECIAL place!!

'16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Just bought The Waterfall on vinyl the other day.  Damn it sounds great!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    Love that Reno print
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,420
    I hope they announce a Los Angeles show soon......seems like they aren't that great of a draw in California.
  • Options
    derbydave said:

Walking in to Forest Hills Stadium,
    you get a sense that you are going to a very special place.

The grounds are immaculate and I'm not sure I've ever met friendlier merch and concession sales people any where.
    It feels like a small venue that seats close to 15,000!!!

Thanks to a Pearl Jam fan that noticed my PJ shirt...
    We were able to score BOTH posters for the show!!
    LOVE the "official" poster of Jim's sampler by Clinton Reno,
    and the Waterfall inspired poster by a local artist featuring the horseshoe shape of the venue is really sweet too!!

The show itself was a NON-STOP marathon of My Morning Jacket at their very best...
    One of the best setlists I've seen...
    Lay Low, Golden, Tropics and Phone Went West were INCREDIBLE...
    but that run of Spring into Dondante into Victory Dance and the end of Run Thru blew me away!!
    Patrick's drumming on Run Thru is just STELLAR!!!
    This was without a doubt the loudest crowds to sing along with the band I've heard...
    during One Big Holiday,
    I'm not sure I heard Jim at all...the audience took this song over!!

Met so many GREAT people here too...
    I've noticed many more Pearl Jam fans catching My Morning Jacket shows over the past few years,
    and it's always fun seeing how many Pearl Jam T-shirts you see at a My Morning Jacket show.
    The 2 communities are very similar and it's really cool to see how well everyone gets along at their shows
    This was DEFINITELY the highlight of my summer concert season and it's gonna be hard to top this experience!

If you ever get a chance to see a show at Forest Hills Stadium...GO...it really is a SPECIAL place!!

You're right about Spring though Dondante to Victory dance and I would even take it further and say those three through the encore were incredible. They hit Spring ( best version I've seen) and then it was on fire the rest of the show. 

The venue was cool but it literally smelled like vomit even pre-show. Not in the seats but walking from the entrance, around the food and drink area. I think GA looked like it had more people than the seats. Filled from front to back. I have to say there isn't a bad seat in the house. The sight lines are great. The way the bleachers are set, people can b standing in front of u and u still have a clear view. My wife is short and she could see fine (section 301). 

This band is a beast live. They killed it. 

Hoping they release single day tickets to Peach Festival in PA. 
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    RIP Roll Call :o

Dear Roll Callers,

Thank you for the past few years. As of December 31st, 2017, Roll Call will officially close.

What does this mean for current Roll Callers?
    Your current subscription is valid through the end of 2017.

The Roll Call features on mymorningjacket.com, as well as access to pre-sales (including One Big Holiday) will remain through the end of 2017.

As of today, the Roll Call membership will no longer be available for purchase.

If you have further questions about your Roll Call subscription, contact support here.

Thanks for the memories, and here's to the future!

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • Options

Dear Roll Callers,

Thank you for the past few years. As of December 31st, 2017, Roll Call will officially close.

The Roll Call features on mymorningjacket.com, as well as access to pre-sales (including One Big Holiday) will remain through the end of 2017.

If you have further questions about your Roll Call subscription, contact support here.

What exactly did Roll Call give people?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    Early entry was the only reason I kept joining. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    LukinFan said:

Dear Roll Callers,

What exactly did Roll Call give people?

Roll Call was the MMJ equivalent to 10 Club.
    You received access to pre-sale tickets,
    a 7" yearly single,
    a credential for early entry,
    and other member items like posters and T-shirts when you joined!!

They had 2 levels of membership as well...digital and deluxe.
    Some members had issues with Wonderful Union, the company that ran Roll Call...
    but they always did fine by me!

Post edited by derbydave on

• Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Early entry was the only reason I kept joining. 

A GREAT membership perk!!

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    Shame,no more roll call :(
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12