Options

My Morning Jacket

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    That's an amazing venue. Caught MMJ and Black Keys shows several years back. Got the best Dondante ever that night.
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    DewieCox said:

That's an amazing venue. Caught MMJ and Black Keys shows several years back. Got the best Dondante ever that night.

My buddy that went with me last night saw Black Keys there too...
    it is a GREAT venue and the sound system they have there was just INCREDIBLE!!! :rock_on:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    edited May 2016
    I've been on a huge My Morning Jacket kick this week. In the last 3 days I've listened to At Dawn, It still Moves (original mix), Z, Okonokos, Evil Urges, and It still Moves remastered. On to Circuital, Jim James solo, and The Waterfall today!!
    Post edited by Better Dan on
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    derbydave said:

INCREDIBLE show in Indy last night!!

First time I've attended a show at this venue and was really impressed with the setting and the sound!!

We got a Jim solo song...State Of The Art (AEIOU)
    And a Carl solo song...Carried Away
    Both were OUTSTANDING!!
    Jim's outro to Carl's performance was hilarious :rofl:

Steam Engine opened the encore set and it was one of the best versions I've heard in a long time!!

Really had a great time at the show and it was an excellent way to kick off the Indy 500 weekend... we even got a SWEET poster!!

Hey it's Pooch!
    Was Denise there too?(she's the female bear)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    RobbyD462 said:

derbydave said:

INCREDIBLE show in Indy last night!!

First time I've attended a show at this venue and was really impressed with the setting and the sound!!

We got a Jim solo song...State Of The Art (AEIOU)
    And a Carl solo song...Carried Away
    Both were OUTSTANDING!!
    Jim's outro to Carl's performance was hilarious :rofl:

Steam Engine opened the encore set and it was one of the best versions I've heard in a long time!!

Really had a great time at the show and it was an excellent way to kick off the Indy 500 weekend... we even got a SWEET poster!!

Hey it's Pooch!
    Was Denise there too?(she's the female bear)
    No sign of Denise...at least in the poster pile!! :wink:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,892
    Pretty stoked. Just picked up a free 4 LP test pressing of the reissue in a scavenger hunt at my local record store. :)
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,769
    kasedoug said:

Pretty stoked. Just picked up a free 4 LP test pressing of the reissue in a scavenger hunt at my local record store. :)

Holy Crap!!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    UmphreysJam34UmphreysJam34 Posts: 779
    edited May 2016
    Anyone goin' to the shows solo? I have one ticket for each night and can't find anyone to go who is in to MMJ. If I can't find anyone I may try and sell 'em if anyone needs a ticket. Sucks. These are gonna be great shows.
    Post edited by UmphreysJam34 on
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,658

Anyone goin' to the shows solo? I have one ticket for each night and can't find anyone to go who is in to MMJ. If I can't find anyone I may try and sell 'em if anyone needs a ticket. Sucks. These are gonna be great shows.

Go by yourself. It'll be worth it.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,191
    Smokey the fucking bear!!!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    Lifted said:

Go by yourself. It'll be worth it.
    it's like Pearl Jam, you're never alone at a MMJ show.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    Enjoy Red Rocks my friends. Just too cold to be up in the mountains(my condo)this time of year. Spoke to a friend in Summit county yesterday, it SNOWED! Decided to stay home & stay warm in Florida.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Love the ISM remix/remaster. Lot of details pushed up front, but still plenty of reverb-y goodness. They really gave it that live sound.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    DewieCox said:

Love the ISM remix/remaster. Lot of details pushed up front, but still plenty of reverb-y goodness. They really gave it that live sound.

Picking this up tomorrow.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,938
    McLovin' is there tonight!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    How was night 1? Looked like a great setlist. Can't wait for tonight, hoping the good weather continues. There's a lot left on the table to be played also.
  • Options

How was night 1? Looked like a great setlist. Can't wait for tonight, hoping the good weather continues. There's a lot left on the table to be played also.

Probably the worst show i've seen them play. Or at least it's up there. I've seen them 29 times. Absolutely no flow to the setlist which just killed the vibe for me. And way too heavy on evil urges/circuital. The band was tight, and there were some standouts like 'picture of you' and 'state of the art', but the construction of the set and the way it played out was just a big bust. Luckily a chance for redemption tonight.
  • Options
    Lifted said:

Probably the worst show i've seen them play. Or at least it's up there. I've seen them 29 times. Absolutely no flow to the setlist which just killed the vibe for me. And way too heavy on evil urges/circuital. The band was tight, and there were some standouts like 'picture of you' and 'state of the art', but the construction of the set and the way it played out was just a big bust. Luckily a chance for redemption tonight.
    Yeah I wasn't there, but a lot of the bustouts aren't that appealing. And you're right, the setlist didn't look like it had much flow to it. I heard there were some sound/tech issues too. This all kind of eases my regrets of missing last night. Tonight should be great
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480
    Lifted said:

That's really too bad, because I would do anything to hear Strangulation and Tyrone live.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    That's really too bad, because I would do anything to hear Strangulation and Tyrone live.
    Dont get me wrong, i love hearing both of those songs, but the set just didnt work. I guess you had to be there. It just never got going. They'd do something great and follow it up with something like wonderful which killed the momentum. Im not saying i didnt like most of the songs they played, but the show didnt work at all for me because of the order of the set, and the heavy selection of 2008-2011 tunes. Tonight should be way better.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,884
    Lifted said:

Dont get me wrong, i love hearing both of those songs, but the set just didnt work. I guess you had to be there. It just never got going. They'd do something great and follow it up with something like wonderful which killed the momentum. Im not saying i didnt like most of the songs they played, but the show didnt work at all for me because of the order of the set, and the heavy selection of 2008-2011 tunes. Tonight should be way better.

Wonderful is by far my least favorite MMJ song. It always sucks the life out of the room. Got it as an opener once. Happy it was gone right away lol.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options

Lifted said:

Wonderful is by far my least favorite MMJ song. It always sucks the life out of the room. Got it as an opener once. Happy it was gone right away lol.

I actually really like wonderful, but would love to never hear it at a show again.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    That's how I felt about last years show out there, honestly. It was my least favorite of the 5 I saw on that tour.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:

That's how I felt about last years show out there, honestly. It was my least favorite of the 5 I saw on that tour.

Last year was top 3 for me.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    I've heard that from others too. The setlist never hit a groove with me until the encore.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    What time did the opener come on Saturday? Anyone familiar with the Barr Brothers? I've heard good things.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Lifted said:

Lifted said:

I actually really like wonderful, but would love to never hear it at a show again.

I actually like the song, too, but the arrangement they worked out for Circuital was terrible. I hate the generic drums that Pat plays in the middle of it. It's too bad they continue to play it live like that. There's a version of Wonderful they put out on the iTunes holiday EP that sounds so much better to these ears.
    Post edited by darthvedder on
  • Options
    Lifted said:

Are posts like this a sign you've seen a band too much?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Actually I think it is. When you go to a show and view/listen by setlist 'flow'? That must be fucking boring for anyone that does that.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

Actually I think it is. When you go to a show and view/listen by setlist 'flow'? That must be fucking boring for anyone that does that.

I think as Pearl Jam's sets have gotten longer the setlist flow can be a real issue.