Options

OFFICIAL Columbus pre-show party information!

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,772
    81 wrote:
    I'll be at this show plus 1. Just to make sure I am on the same page, unless I have Pearl Jam schwag (or something else to contribute) I only need to bring my wallet, correct? Be leaving the A-T-L hauling ass to C-Bus at 7am. WHOOOOOHHOOOOOOO

they won't let you into the preparty without your official 10c membership card.

Seriously, you just need your wallet. Bring photo ID, as they do card and if you look borderline 21, expect to be carded. You'll also need photo ID at the 10Club box office. Nationwide Arena and the Garage Bar accept all major credit/debit cards.

Times:
    10 AM -- The regular box office should open around this time.
    1 PM -- If you have something to donate to the auction or raffle, this is when you'll want to be at Garage Bar. If you want to help set up, come at this time.
    2 PM -- Official start of Wishlist party
    3 PM -- 10 Club box office opens
    6 PM -- Raffle is conducted and the auction closes
    6:30 -- Official end of pre-party, however you can stay later if you desire.
    7:30 -- Band of Horses takes the stage
    9:15 -- 10 Club ticket window closes

I heard from Garage Bar's management that for a typical arena event, things "really start going" around 4 PM or so.

a) This isn't a "typical event."
    b) I don't know if they realized that people are coming from all over the country.

My shirts:
    Backspacer T
    Alive/stickman
    Blue LBC "lightning bolt" t-shirt
    Red Mookie t-shirt
    Orange "old west saloon" t-shirt

I'll probably go with the stickman t-shirt, as that is the tattoo that Brian has, and it's more of an "old-school" shirt, even though I have one of the newer "re-release" ones. Part of me wants to go with the red Mookie t-shirt, as we all know that Stone likes to wear red t-shirts. (Not gay for Stone, I swear!)
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I'm becoming like those "annual singles" with these photos.

Photos in review:
    10: Ten vinyl
    9: Nine stars for the 2001 holiday single
    8: Eight letters in "PEARL JAM" at the top of Backspacer
    7: Seven visible letters in "PEARL JM" on the vinyl cover of Ten
    6: A six pack of Yuengling or Jones. I guess I "predicted" the release of the Philly boots with that beer. The other picture of Jones Soda?? Jones comes from Seattle.
    5: Animal single. Whoever was yelling "ANIMAL!! ANIMAL" in the second tier of seating in Columbus 2003? You were right behind me.
    4: Four guitarists, if you count Jeff as playing bass guitar. Some people don't count bass as a guitar.
    3: What else for three? MAMASON tape!
    2: Mookie Blaylock. Two names for one band.

AND NOW....

THE PHOTO FOR ONE:

One Band to rule them all, One Band to find them,
    One Band to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

...the lights go down....

...the crowd noise goes UP...

And these guys take the stage...

pearl_jam.jpg

See you guys (Tom) TOMORROW!

with a very slight edit.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,802
    I'm becoming like those "annual singles" with these photos.

Photos in review:
    10: Ten vinyl
    9: Nine stars for the 2001 holiday single
    8: Eight letters in "PEARL JAM" at the top of Backspacer
    7: Seven visible letters in "PEARL JM" on the vinyl cover of Ten
    6: A six pack of Yuengling or Jones. I guess I "predicted" the release of the Philly boots with that beer. The other picture of Jones Soda?? Jones comes from Seattle.
    5: Animal single. Whoever was yelling "ANIMAL!! ANIMAL" in the second tier of seating in Columbus 2003? You were right behind me.
    4: Four guitarists, if you count Jeff as playing bass guitar. Some people don't count bass as a guitar.
    3: What else for three? MAMASON tape!
    2: Mookie Blaylock. Two names for one band.

AND NOW....

THE PHOTO FOR ONE:

One Band to rule them all, One Band to find them,
    One Band to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

...the lights go down....

...the crowd noise goes UP...

And these guys take the stage...

pearl_jam.jpg

See you guys TOMORROW!
    Very Fucking COOL!!!!!! 8-)
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    And another photo. TOMORROW is the BIG DAY!

Tomorrow,%20Tom-thumb.JPG

Too bad we can't get a setlist in advance...i'd be VERY VERY fucking tempted to sneak a peak.
  • Options
    Party weather:

The temps are supposed to be in the upper 60's with 0% chance of rain, so i'd imagine the patio will be a great place to be. Ohio does have an indoor smoking ban, so smokers will have to do so out on the patio. As for smoking at the concert, there is some sort of designated outdoor smoking area, but I don't know much about it. I'd imagine that any arena employee could direct smokers to the designated location.

I would heavily advise taking a ticket with you to the arena's smoking area.

Mid 50's with 0% chance of rain after the show.

There is supposed to be some rain between midnight (6 hours from now) and 3 AM, but it should be all gone by 5 AM on Thursday morning.

Yaaaaay!
  • Options
    ChrispjamChrispjam Posts: 6
    Count Chrispjam and his will wife in. We may be late depending on what time we get to leave Tennessee. Looking forward to seeing the boys again. First time since 08 in south carolina. Hoping to hear Come Back/Pilate/or Black Red Yellow. Long Road would also be a good opener. First preshow party for long time Pearl Jam travalers. Can't wait for the next two days of pj bliss. Safe travels to all
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    welcome to show day...

i friggen couldn't fall asleep last night and woke up early this am. almost like christmas.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Yes much like Xmas!!!!

Just hours away now folks!!!!!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    today is our day. fuck KC, fuck Saint lu, fuck philly, fuck ny. it's all about Columubus. hehehehe :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    today is our day. fuck KC, fuck Saint lu, fuck philly, fuck ny. it's all about Columubus. hehehehe :lol:
    +1 :mrgreen:

• Options
    it's Columbus or bust time....see you all at the show.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    it's Columbus or bust time....see you all at the show.
    safe travels!!!!

• Options
    PJGARDENPJGARDEN Posts: 1,484
    Got up at 4am this morning to make my flight all in the name of PJ!!!! See you guys this afternoon;)
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Great job, Lost In Ohio!!! You people have a GREAT time!!

Please....don't forget to take a lot of pictures! :D

Will be reading you all later.... :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    Well, I hope you're all having fun and staying dry in Indianapolis (ok, actually Nobelsville) tonight!

Here's some stuff from the local newspaper in Columbus about the show:

Day of show article:
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/we ... ns-up.html

Review:
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/li ... along.html
    On the second encore, Vedder thanked the fans, saying, "Life is a mysterious thing," and dedicating Come Back to missing OSU student Brian Shaffer. Things wrapped up with Alive, with the lights coming on as the fans yelled, "Who answers?" and ended after 11 p.m. with Yellow Ledbetter.

And a HUGE thank you to everyone who came to the Wishlist party. Please..wear those buttons and wristbands at future shows!

And here's a preview of weekly arts events from earlier in the week. Not much, but a bit:
    • The longtime Seattle rock band Pearl Jam will perform at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in Nationwide Arena, 200 W. Nationwide Blvd. Band of Horses will open. Tickets cost $49 to $69, at Ticketmaster.
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/ar ... fjt-1.html
  • Options
    LiO , was wondering how much was raised for crimestoppers and how much was donated for Neighborhood services?

• Options
    I have no idea how much was raised. Whenever I (or someone else) gets numbers, we'll post it. I'd like to know who brought in that huge-ass donation of somewhere around 30 "bathroom items." I was floored. I brought in five items (ten tickets) and won a Philly Boot! (...from 2000, but who cares? hahaha)

Another winning ticket was literally one off of mine. If I had one more ticket, that would have been it. A second winning ticket was literally TEN off mine.. d'oh.

Like I said, i'm sure someone will post numbers in due time. I'm sure it's hard since the Wishlist people had to pack everything up this morning and haul ass backwards to Indy. (They drove from Chicago to Columbus in the very wee hours of Thursday morning.)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I have no idea how much was raised. Whenever I (or someone else) gets numbers, we'll post it. I'd like to know who brought in that huge-ass donation of somewhere around 30 "bathroom items." I was floored. I brought in five items (ten tickets) and won a Philly Boot! (...from 2000, but who cares? hahaha)

Another winning ticket was literally one off of mine. If I had one more ticket, that would have been it. A second winning ticket was literally TEN off mine.. d'oh.

Like I said, i'm sure someone will post numbers in due time. I'm sure it's hard since the Wishlist people had to pack everything up this morning and haul ass backwards to Indy. (They drove from Chicago to Columbus in the very wee hours of Thursday morning.)
    that was me. It was 26 to be exact. Krogers had a 10 for 10 sale!! Having been in the postion that org helps , it seemed right for me. Plus I felt bad I didn't have anything to donate for the raffle. So I did what I was able to.

Gave 13 of the tix to my guest and she won the Indy poster!!! She had a blast. 1st Pj show and wins a poster to boot? Fuck yeah!!!
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• Options
    waiting patiently for funds raised info bump!!!

• Options
    Around $740.00 in cash
    Maybe $150.00 in goods
    Hopefully a week or two for a check from the "PJ fan club." I wonder if Kevin meant the Wishlist Foundation when he said that.
    There should be an additional donation from Garage Bar.
  • Options
    Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    mickeyrat wrote:

that was me. It was 26 to be exact. Krogers had a 10 for 10 sale!! Having been in the postion that org helps , it seemed right for me. Plus I felt bad I didn't have anything to donate for the raffle. So I did what I was able to.

Gave 13 of the tix to my guest and she won the Indy poster!!! She had a blast. 1st Pj show and wins a poster to boot? Fuck yeah!!!

My kids each brought ~15 bathroom items too...toothbrushes, toothpaste & soap. Each was fortunate enough to win a prize too - chocolate basket & that kickass '06 Cincy poster...what a great souvenir for a first-time Pearl Jam concert-goer.

Great party Peter - thanks for all your hard work!
  • Options
    This may be a longshot, but I was in Section 101 with a buddy. Because we were coming from Atlanta, we simply printed two ticketmaster paper tickets. Does anyone have a couple of actual ticket stubs from 101 or 102 that they would part with. Also, does anyone happen to have any good pictures from that area? Only have a camera phone and Ed is never still enough for it to focus. Please PM me with either. Thanks.
  • Options
    Black73 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

My kids each brought ~15 bathroom items too...toothbrushes, toothpaste & soap. Each was fortunate enough to win a prize too - chocolate basket & that kickass '06 Cincy poster...what a great souvenir for a first-time Pearl Jam concert-goer.

I stand corrected !! I was one of a FEW that brought a sizeable donation. I must say how cool it is that you have encouraged your kids to be charitable. Very nice!!

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,478
    as usual, I didn't win shit in the raffle! ;)

thanks for putting this on....I had a great time. Probably drank too much, but it in no way hindered my concert experience :mrgreen: . By the time my head hit the pillow Thursday night, I had had ONE hour of sleep in the previous FORTY. :shock:

bummed that I didn't meet 81 and/or mickeyrat. :cry: :wtf:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    imalive wrote:

thanks for putting this on....I had a great time. Probably drank too much, but it in no way hindered my concert experience :mrgreen: . By the time my head hit the pillow Thursday night, I had had ONE hour of sleep in the previous FORTY. :shock:

we need name tags.... i stopped over and had a couple of beers and picked up my ticket. :lol:

should have got a cell number :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I bought 8 tickets. My buddy didn't buy any. The "string" of 8 after mine had 3 winners in it.
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    imalive wrote:

we need name tags.... i stopped over and had a couple of beers and picked up my ticket. :lol:

should have got a cell number :lol:
    I was easy to find!!! I was the one wearing a pearl jam shirt!!! :mrgreen:

Really , had you looked for the guy drinking water on the patio with the reissue stickman. It'd been a done deal.

• Options
    Black73 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

06 Cinci. :D Great poster and the first time Brian's case was mentioned. *feels all warm inside.*

And here is a video from the pre-party!
    http://vimeo.com/11593408

FYI,
    23 seconds, you can see Lori in the middle (she runs the findbrianshaffer.com website,) and her son. The other lady in light blue on the right of the image is someone else from CrimeStoppers.

37 seconds in, the guy in red is the husband of Lori, the woman who runs findbrianshaffer.com

1:07, you can see Kevin Miles, the president of the local CrimeStoppers. He's mentioning Brian buying tickets for the 06 Cinci show.
  • Options
    Well, what do ya know?

I opened up my raffle winnings (Philly 2000 boot), and it was really the Milan 2000 boot.
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    I won the imagine in cornice DVD, and at the end won the travel kit. I didn't feel like carrying the travel kit to the show (it was quite big) so I traded it for a sticker and let someone else win the travel kit.

Thanks to all who were there and to all the great people I met.
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.